Camel Jockey
Gook
Spook
NIGGER
kike
slant eyes
or Chink
you call me a racist.

-You have the United Negro College Fund.

-You have Martin Luther King Day.

-You have Black History Month.

-You have Cesar Chavez Day.

-You have Yom Hashoah

-You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi

-You have the NAACP.

-You have BET.

-If we had WET(white entertainment television) ...we'd be racist.

-If we had a White Pride Day... you would call us racist.

-If we had white history month... we'd be racist.

-If we had an organization for only whites to "advance" our lives... we'd be racist.

-If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships...you know we'd be racist.

-In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for your race and rights. If we marched for our race and rights...you would call us racist.

-Did you know that some high school students decided to make a club for only the white students because the other ethnicities had them. they all got sent to court for being racist but the african-american, Latino, and Asia clubs were not even questioned.

-You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not afraid to announce it. But when we announce our white pride, you call us racists.

I am white.

and

I am proud.

But, you call me a racist.

Now watch, I'll be racist for posting this thread.

I hate everyone, so you don't have to.
Too-DAMN-Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2007, 05:44   #2
skryingbreath
Post initializing...

no you'll be a racist that posts things I've seen on myspace bulletins and emails 5 years ago.
skryingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2007, 06:29   #3
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Send a message via Yahoo to Too-DAMN-Much
the main point is still valid.

Old 13th November 2007, 09:36   #4
gaekwad2
Foorum King

OMAGAWD THE MAJORITY IS BEING OPRESSEDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2007, 18:39   #5
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
Racism? lolwut?

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2007, 22:54   #6
Robster400

Never a truer word spoken, Too-DAMN-Much, your average Joe whitey does not have a leg to stand on when it comes to racism, it is political correctness gone horribly wrong induced by governments who are afraid to tell it like it is, and tip-toe round the subject.
Now, please don't get me wrong either, i'm not judgemental against any race, in any way, shape or form, but we, the average white (wo)man (lets not drag sexism into this!), gets royally screwed/shortchanged at every turn, which instigates racism and intolerance in the most liberal of folks...

I'd always believed it was supposed to be about fairness in all society, regardless of ethnic background and colour.

And doesn't the name calling restrictions (as offensive as some might well feel that they are) Infringe on our right of free speech??
'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.' Evelyn Beatrice Hall (1868-1919)
Ok, maybe not a law as such, but a bloody good ethos.

And don't even get me started on oppression, civil libertys are being eroded before my very eyes in the UK, cameras everywhere watching our every move, making the innocent feel guilty while the guilty hide in the shadows even more.

I am uncomfortable where we are all heading as a society, cuz im not really sure i want to go there myself.

Too much is never enough...
Last.fm
Robster400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2007, 02:45   #7
tuckerm
Forum Emo

Quote:
Originally posted by Robster400
And don't even get me started on oppression, civil libertys are being eroded before my very eyes in the UK, cameras everywhere watching our every move, making the innocent feel guilty while the guilty hide in the shadows even more.
CCTV cams rock!
tuckerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2007, 10:08   #8
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Quote:
Never a truer word spoken, Too-DAMN-Much, your average Joe whitey does not have a leg to stand on when it comes to racism, it is political correctness gone horribly wrong induced by governments who are afraid to tell it like it is, and tip-toe round the subject.
Oh yeah, I'm sure you'd rather be black, or Pakistani. After all they've got it so much better.

Quote:
...and the moronic rant about how evül political correctness is.
Old 15th November 2007, 11:34   #9
zootm
Forum King

Re: Racism

Quote:
Originally posted by Too-DAMN-Much
-You have Martin Luther King Day.
I don't see why this is an exclusively-black holiday.

Quote:
-You have Black History Month.
My understanding is that the other 11 months are "white history month".

Quote:
-You have Cesar Chavez Day.
I imagine that if the whites, as an ethnic group, had ever really had an iconic figure who needed to fight for their rights, they'd be entitled to their day.

Quote:
-You have Yom Hashoah
Considering the role that people had in stopping the holocaust, this is a holiday for everyone.

Quote:
-You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi
You have Christmas.

Quote:
I am white.

and

I am proud.

But, you call me a racist.
You're not proud of being white, you're proud of being an Irish/Scottish/Italian/whatever-American. Just say that. Say you're proud of your background, not your skin colour - that's what the other ethnic groups are doing implicitly when they say such things.

I'm proud of being Scottish, but being proud of being white would be meaningless, like being proud of having big ears.

I realise that there are genuine issues here (are organisations like the NAACP outdated?, for example), but it's filled in with so much misunderstanding and ignorance that it's hard to understand what the point here is.

Last edited by zootm; 15th November 2007 at 13:06.
zootm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2007, 12:58   #10
aFfLiCtEd
Major Dude

In before the padlock.
aFfLiCtEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2007, 14:32   #11
Robster400

Quote:
Originally posted by gaekwad2
Oh yeah, I'm sure you'd rather be black, or Pakistani. After all they've got it so much better.

...and the moronic rant about how evül political correctness is.
Err, wrong end of the stick there mate,. I'll put forward a point to demonstration its not even about colour.

Our local pub was prosecuted for racism. Why? because it refuse to serve a family of Irish travelers. they got fined a little over £1,000 for this.
Why were they refused from the pub? because they had a history of drunken violence, attacking members of staff and other customers. otherwise, they were more than welcome in to increase the days beer sales.
Basically, anyone who is not a native, can shout racism to get reward. the word itself is being abused.
Political correctness is not evil, its just gone too far..

As for the moronic rant comment, it was nice to read your in-depth, articulate,well thought out point of view as well.

Last.fm
Old 15th November 2007, 14:55   #12
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
Our local pub was prosecuted for racism. Why? because it refuse to serve a family of Irish travelers. they got fined a little over £1,000 for this.
Why were they refused from the pub? because they had a history of drunken violence, attacking members of staff and other customers. otherwise, they were more than welcome in to increase the days beer sales.
If those particular travelers were known to have a violent history, they could have been barred from the pub like anyone else. Presumably this is just a case of the law screwing up; I've never heard of anything ridiculous happening like this up here, and our legal system isn't that different.

Old 15th November 2007, 15:01   #13
Robster400

Thats just it though, the law is getting all screwed up about it. They were barred, and the landlord stated why to the magistrate, but he was still charged with being racist.

Last.fm
Old 15th November 2007, 15:10   #14
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Quote:
Now, please don't get me wrong either, i'm not judgemental against any race, in any way, shape or form, but we, the average white (wo)man (lets not drag sexism into this!), gets royally screwed/shortchanged at every turn, which instigates racism and intolerance in the most liberal of folks...
Ah, the good old "I'm no racist but anyway, it's their fault."*

If the pub staff has a similar attitude it's no surprise they couldn't convince the judge.

*kinda like
Quote:
Slavoj Žižek wrote
We all remember the old joke about the borrowed kettle which Freud quotes in order to render the strange logic of dreams, namely the enumeration of mutually exclusive answers to a reproach (that I returned to a friend a broken kettle): (1) I never borrowed a kettle from you; (2) I returned it to you unbroken; (3) the kettle was already broken when I got it from you. For Freud, such an enumeration of inconsistent arguments of course confirms per negationem what it endeavors to deny — that I returned you a broken kettle.
Old 15th November 2007, 15:32   #15
Robster400

Quote:
Originally posted by gaekwad2
Ah, the good old "I'm no racist but anyway, it's their fault."

If the pub staff has a similar attitude it's no surprise they couldn't convince the judge.
Again, the wrong end of the stick. heh...

Who said it was their fault? where did you read that? did anyone point blame at non-natives specifically? find me that quote and i'll take it all back.
If there was a word i could use to get my own way in society, chances are i would use it if i felt cornered.
People take the opportunity to do so because the law is a ass and doesn't say enough is enough, and draw a line.

I blame the law, not the people.

Last.fm
Old 15th November 2007, 16:07   #16
zootm
Forum King

Honestly, it seems likely that if the pub owners couldn't justify their actions on something which is as common as barring people for unruly behaviour, that there's more to this case than we're being told here.

Old 15th November 2007, 16:19   #17
Robster400

Quote:
Originally posted by zootm
Honestly, it seems likely that if the pub owners couldn't justify their actions on something which is as common as barring people for unruly behaviour, that there's more to this case than we're being told here.
I can appreciate how you can see it that way, and there is always the possibility you may be right;
but the pub in question has been a regular haunt for travelers for many years. and still is.

Last.fm
Old 15th November 2007, 16:28   #18
Schmeet
Major Dude

Re: Racism

Quote:
I am white.

and

I am proud.
How can you be proud of being something that you had no choice in the matter of being?

How can you be proud that you have a gene which doesn't make as much menalin?

Achieve something in your life that you did on your own or contributed to and be proud, not because you were born in a particular bed.
Schmeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2007, 05:46   #19
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Send a message via Yahoo to Too-DAMN-Much
@ schmeet : it's not about being proud of a choice, it's about being proud of what you are, and your heritage.

and furthermore it's about the fucked state of how we are having the whole "political correctness" thing forced upon us for fear of being labeled, and isn't that what started this whole thing anyway? labeling someone?

Old 16th November 2007, 08:53   #20
Twilightseer
Frenchoderator

Re: Re: Racism

Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeet
How can you be proud of being something that you had no choice in the matter of being?

How can you be proud that you have a gene which doesn't make as much menalin?

Achieve something in your life that you did on your own or contributed to and be proud, not because you were born in a particular bed.
I guess this also applies to James Brown who sang "I'm Black and I'm proud".
Twilightseer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2007, 09:54   #21
gaekwad2
Foorum King

The difference is that black people actually were taught to think they're inferior.
Old 16th November 2007, 09:56   #22
Twilightseer
Frenchoderator

So basically, singing "I'm black and I'm proud" makes more sense than "I'm white and I'm proud"?

How silly is that?
Twilightseer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2007, 11:13   #23
zootm
Forum King

Being black in the US in the large implies that you came from a specific background and heritage. The same is not true for whites in any meaningful way. So yes, the former makes more sense.

You could validly be proud of being a redneck, or being a "rich white guy", though, since these have implied backgrounds. Of course they're both pretty dumb things to be proud of.

Old 16th November 2007, 13:02   #24
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Twilightseer
So basically, singing "I'm black and I'm proud" makes more sense than "I'm white and I'm proud"?
Whether it still makes sense is another question, but when James Brown wrote that song it made very much sense because it wasn't very long ago that black people weren't supposed to be proud at all (or vote, or sit in the front of the bus).

It meant "I'm no longer ashamed of being black!"
Quote:
Originally posted by Twilightseer
How silly is that?
Old 16th November 2007, 13:46   #25
zootm
Forum King

gaekwad's explanation is mo' better than mine.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > The Bitchlist