Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports

Old 26th November 2013, 15:34   #1
extern

ml_playlists enqueue issues with selection not being honoured

I have a problem with winamp 5.666 on Windows 7 and XP.
When trying to enqueue one or more selected items from my custom media libary playlist, winamp loads ALL ITEMS.
extern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2013, 15:36   #2
DrO

preferences -> media library -> options tab -> un-check the top 2 checkboxes.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2013, 16:47   #3
kzuse

Send a message via ICQ to kzuse Send a message via Skype™ to kzuse
Confirmed... same here - selecting a couple of items and using Right-click -> "Enqueue Selection" enqueues all.

I actually never use that. (I do drag&drop in that case, but most of the times I want to enqueue whole playlists anyway)...

But isn't the Menu items text irritating then? (In German it says "Auswahl einreihen" which means "Enqueue Selected Items").

But OK, not a bug then

Another cosmetical question: is it expected and intended behavior that the Build Number is included now in the Scroller (and scrolling in the Taskbar) if no song is loaded? It's somewhat... very technical. (No problem for me - but maybe it irritates people who think then that they have installed a beta?)

Anyway - not really important things now....
kzuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2013, 17:31   #4
DrO

i've not tried the playlists thing, if it's messed up then there is no chance of a fix now. build 3512 is all i'm doing. maybe it can be fixed as part of the enqueue and play plug-in updates i've got to do, but i don't believe i'm running off anymore official builds at all now.

the build number is what the beta builds were doing and we wanted to have the build shown on the about dialog but due to string sharing, that's how it all ends up being and tbh, it's cosmetic or can be altered via a plug-in (if it's that much of an issue) but you should be playing things anyway.
Old 26th November 2013, 17:55   #5
extern

I think it is a bug, it worked as expected in 5.65.
Old 26th November 2013, 18:29   #6
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by extern View Post
I think it is a bug, it worked as expected in 5.65.
If you are saying that it worked differently in v5.65 with the mentioned options enabled, then the bug was in that version. Are you sure that was the case?

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2013, 19:19   #7
DrO

extern: it may be a bug, but there are no more patched builds planned so either you need to modify how you do things within Winamp or see what an ex-winamp dev can do externally of things to fix it (though i've still to try it out) or do like everyone else always does and just go back a version and use that as your final build.
Old 27th November 2013, 13:08   #8
extern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
If you are saying that it worked differently in v5.65 with the mentioned options enabled, then the bug was in that version. Are you sure that was the case?
yes, in 5.65 is ok
Old 27th November 2013, 15:24   #9
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi extern,

To be clear, you have enabled the option "Play all items (start with selected) on double click in playlists" and v5.65 only plays the selected item?

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Old 27th November 2013, 20:02   #10
extern

Quote:
Hi extern,

To be clear, you have enabled the option "Play all items (start with selected) on double click in playlists" and v5.65 only plays the selected item?
Yes, both options ("Play all items" and "Play Search results") are enabled in 5.65 and right click menu "Enqueue selection" on my playlist enqueues only selected items)
Old 27th November 2013, 20:14   #11
kzuse

Yes, this is true also here.

In Search results, all is fine (if you just click "Enqueue" or Double-Click an item, it enqueues ALL of them and starts playing the current one, but if you dedicatedly select a number of items and right-click and select "Enqueue Selection", only those are enqueued).

In ML Playlist views, in either cases ALL items are enqueued and that was not the case before 5.66.
But I consider this no big deal and as stated before, it's not likely going to be fixed anymore. If it is a big issue to you, it is recommended to roll back to 5.65.
Old 28th November 2013, 07:23   #12
Aminifu
Forum King

@extern & kzuse,

Thanx for making things clear. I've always disabled those 2 options because I only want what I select enqueued (if that's all, I select everything in the playlist or search results).

Anyway, it sounds to me like the behavior of the right click command was wrong in the prior versions and is now consistent with how the options are set up. So calling the current behavior a bug is what was confusing to me.

I can understand the WTF feeling when things change. You get comfortable with how Winamp is working, be it inconsistent, illogical, or whatever, and then things change. Sometimes the new thing is acceptable and sometimes it isn't. In this case, I suggest trying to 'roll with it' because of all the other improvements in v5.6.6.3512.

Last edited by Aminifu; 28th November 2013 at 08:55.
Old 28th November 2013, 12:04   #13
extern

Quote:
@extern & kzuse,

Thanx for making things clear. I've always disabled those 2 options because I only want what I select enqueued (if that's all, I select everything in the playlist or search results).

Anyway, it sounds to me like the behavior of the right click command was wrong in the prior versions and is now consistent with how the options are set up. So calling the current behavior a bug is what was confusing to me.
Double click and click on the menu are not the same thing. And it is not consistent because enqueue selected "works" with search result and not with playlist when this option is enabled.
Old 29th November 2013, 08:11   #14
kzuse

Quote:
I've always disabled those 2 options because I only want what I select enqueued (if that's all, I select everything in the playlist or search results).

I would definitely consider it a Bug.

Because in my opinion, these two options should only affect what happens if you just double-click some item in a playlist, so then it doesn't just play this one, but it enqueues ALL items (and starts playing this one).

But if you really decide to just select a few, and then right-click and dedicatedly click "Enqueue selected items" (or "Enqueue selection", don't know the exact wording in English now), then you'd expect only those to be enqueued! And so it was before!

(Remember, I'm not talking about selecting some item and hitting the "Enqueue" button, which I agree should be affected by the option, but selecting some and right-clicking and selecting "Enqueue selected"). Because that menu item says that so dedicatedly.

Moreover, in Search Result views, all continues to work as before (and expected)! Double-click enqueues all (if option checked), select two or three, right-click and Enqueue Selection only enqueues those.

Just wanted to clear this out

And I want to finish with repeating my words that for me, it is not a big deal as I don't work that way in Winamp, but it is confusing and I would say it's a bug (more precisely: I'd call it a "Regression Bug").

Best regards,
kzuse
Old 29th November 2013, 08:45   #15
Aminifu
Forum King

@extern & kzuse,

I think I finally understand, previously these 2 options did not affect the context menu commands and now at least 1 of them does.

If the 'fix' to return to the prior behavior can be done with a plug-in, then the chances are good that it may be done after Dec. 20th. If the fix requires changes to Winamp.exe, then the chances are slim that anything will be done before Dec. 20th. The only changes to that seem to be those related to things that can cause it to crash (and other small things that can be fixed at the same time). What happens after Dec. 20th to Winamp.exe will depend on who owns it.

The best bet in the next couple of weeks is to concentrate on trying to find things within Winamp that can cause it to crash, then this fix may be included along with any fix for those things.

Old 2nd December 2013, 20:04   #16
DrO

can now confirm the issue where the selection is being ignored for the context menu and all other behaviour is working as expected.

is because the enter / double-click handling is being incorrectly applied for the menu handling (as part of a general code consolidation which wasn't able to be 100% checked) and that's why it's messed up.

hence toggling the options mentioned or selecting and dragging the selection are the ways to attempt to work around it. it is a simple thing to fix natively, though as we all know the situation we're now in, it's very likely i'd need to end up having to make a 'patch' plug-in to resolve what i managed to break.
Old 2nd December 2013, 21:05   #17
kzuse

No Problem... I'm sure all of us appreciate the huge work you've put into the last releases and so it's not a big thing - in regard of all those massive improvements of this version!!
Old 3rd December 2013, 21:35   #18
Aminifu
Forum King

@extern & kzuse,

It's been confirmed that 1 more update for v5.666 is being worked on and will probably include a fix for this issue. See post #5 in thread linked below for what else may be included.

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....93#post2979393

Old 4th December 2013, 04:15   #19
kzuse

Glad to hear that! Would be really nice, almost as if Christmas was already there
Old 4th December 2013, 06:15   #20
kzuse

If this will really become reality, it would also be great if the most current versions of the language packs would be included (I know of the German one that in the meantime some improvements were made... )

Big "thumbs up" for making this "Christmas Release" possible... if so....
Old 4th December 2013, 06:59   #21
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzuse View Post
If this will really become reality, it would also be great if the most current versions of the language packs would be included (I know of the German one that in the meantime some improvements were made... )
They always compile newer builds with latest available language packs.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2013, 10:31   #22
DrO

unless someone provides an updated language pack after builds have been started...
Old 4th December 2013, 10:41   #23
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
unless someone provides an updated language pack after builds have been started...
Nah, such things do not really happen in our world, right? Doubtful, that anybody would do such crazy things.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2013, 11:09   #24
DrO

if only you knew the truth about the translators...
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports