Old 22nd November 2002, 23:52   #1
noodlebomb

audiophile 2496 soundcard problem

myself and another audiophile user are experiencing a crackle at the beginning of every song loaded. Almost as if the first few seconds are on a vinyl record. The other person says:

"I heard the same thing with WinAmp ...What i noticed was that if the Wave Had no silence in the beginning and was cut real close to the start then it would crackle ..... I make sure now when i do my final rips of songs to always have a TINY bit of silence at the beginning if ya want to beat Winamp.
I see it hear as some kinda Bug in Winamp ....and it does not need much silence ...just a fraction of a second.
See if that makes a difference."
Old 23rd November 2002, 03:00   #2
stauf

Send a message via ICQ to stauf Send a message via AIM to stauf
I once had a similar problem - it was caused by bad ID3 tags. Moving from Xing MPEG encoder (or whatever, it was a while ago) to Cdex (which uses LAME) fixed the problem. (And Xing is really quite bad, just for the record)

So maybe change encoder and re-rip a CD and see what it sounds like.
Old 23rd November 2002, 07:17   #3
peter
ist death

if you are using winxp, that crack is a known bug on microsoft's side (reproduced on soundcards from different manufacturers), you can get rid of it by not using DirectSound hardware mixing (either switching to waveOut or messing around hardware acceleration settings).

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp3 > Winamp3 Technical Support