Old 4th September 2003, 12:43   #1
StreetWalker

WinAmp 2.91 - Media Library - Playlists - FORMATTING

I need to display the filename which is not the same as the song title and artist in the Media Library Playlist (on the left side) in WinAmp 2.91. Anybody know where to set the "Filename Format" in options? Thanks, Steve
StreetWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2003, 14:11   #2
taylormemer
made his slipknot mask in woodwork class
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to taylormemer Send a message via AIM to taylormemer Send a message via Yahoo to taylormemer
In the WinAmp playlist editor, on the bottom. Press Misc>Sort>Sort list By Filename.

DeviantART|¤¤|DS-Lair|¤¤|Dissectional|¤¤|Pearl Drums|¤¤|Viralsound|¤¤|PabUK
Hey you! Don't tell me there's no hope at all. Together we stand, divided we fall.My PLAYLIST

MSN: taylor.jake@hotmail.com
taylormemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2003, 14:19   #3
anubis2003
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to anubis2003
That's not what he's asking for taylor. He wants winamp to display the filenames - not just sort by filename.

If you have your mp3 files named correctly, then you can use a program to fill in the id tags with the filename information.
anubis2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2003, 14:24   #4
taylormemer
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to taylormemer Send a message via AIM to taylormemer Send a message via Yahoo to taylormemer
Why arent I thinking today???????/ I didnt read it right sorry.

Hey you! Don't tell me there's no hope at all. Together we stand, divided we fall.My PLAYLIST

Old 4th September 2003, 15:21   #5
clownercockwise

You can change the way playlists display song titles by configuring Title/Tags in the in_mp3.dll. Options > Preferences > Plugins > Input > in_mp3 > configure > unselect use ID3.
clownercockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2003, 15:27   #6
clownercockwise

Mod, should thread be elsewhere?
Old 4th September 2003, 15:30   #7
taylormemer
(Forum King)

Well im not a Mod but this really belongs in WinAmp 2 Thchnical Support forum.

Old 4th September 2003, 17:21   #8
StreetWalker

Quote:
Originally posted by Henry1850
You can change the way playlists display song titles by configuring Title/Tags in the in_mp3.dll. Options > Preferences > Plugins > Input > in_mp3 > configure > unselect use ID3.
Hi Henry1850,

I changed the in_mp3.dll configuration to (%1 - %2 - %7 - %3) to add the filename and album. Also, unchecked the "Read ID3V1/V2 tags for titles" as you said. The Media Libr Playlist did not change and displays only the artist-title. I also opened the old Playlist (as opposed to Media Libr playlist) and it too did not change.

Steve
Old 4th September 2003, 17:27   #9
StreetWalker

I suggest the next WinAmp 2.9x should have "columns" in the playlist exactly like it is in the Media Library main window. Why not be consistant? All of this thread would not be here if it was.

Steve
Old 4th September 2003, 17:35   #10
taylormemer
(Forum King)

How exactly do you want to display your songs?

Old 4th September 2003, 17:45   #11
clownercockwise

I don't think there's a choice in the ML to have the filename displayed on the left. Right below the search bar in simple media view are tabs listing artist, title, track no., genre, etc. You could expand the filename tab all the way to the left, so that the ML would show nothing but the filename, but it would cover up everything else and you may have to move the tabs one at a time.

If you wanted to create a simple media view for this just use "Add New View" on the Library tab and type "filename begins c:" (or wherever you store your music) in the query field, then move the tabs over.
Old 4th September 2003, 17:47   #12
StreetWalker

Quote:
Originally posted by taylormemer
How exactly do you want to display your songs?
(%1 - %2 - %7 - %3) which is artist, title, filename (mine is a number .mp3), album. Note that this is the Media Library Playlist (listed in a tree on the left) and not the old style Playlist.

Steve
Old 4th September 2003, 17:49   #13
clownercockwise

Try removing all but %7 from the display options in in_mp3.
Old 4th September 2003, 18:01   #14
clownercockwise

Aha. I tried to do this myself and came up with this. After you unclick "use ID3" in in_mp3, open the file info box & hit update. This will change the way your filename is displayed. After changing a setting, you have to update the file info in the list for the changes to take effect. You can do this quickly by ctrl-A, alt-3 and holding down enter until the file info window goes away.
Old 4th September 2003, 18:04   #15
taylormemer
(Forum King)

I was nearly gonna write what you just wrote Hennry about the updating
As I was about to say................. how about instead of holding enter just use Ctrl+A and then Crtl+Alt+E, then that will do it for ya, it can take a while but it depends on you processor speed and how many mp3's you have.

Also in the library if you have playlists in there that have a format say %1 - %2 and you wanted to change then to a format say %2 - %1 then youd have to recreate that playlist with the new information. Well thats how I had to do it when I reformatted to %1 - %3 - %a - %2 - %6 - %4.

Old 4th September 2003, 18:13   #16
StreetWalker

Quote:
Originally posted by Henry1850
[B]Aha. I tried to do this myself and came up with this. After you unclick "use ID3" in in_mp3, open the file info box & hit update.
Thanks Henry1850 excellent work! Now, I have 4000 .mp3 files to update and it seems that I get prompted for each one instead of all of them updating at once. Any way to do all in one shot?

Steve
Old 4th September 2003, 18:13   #17
clownercockwise

So to change my other post:

Then update file info. There's no need to change title/tags in in_mp3 to %7.
Old 4th September 2003, 18:20   #18
clownercockwise

Ctrl-Alt-E didn't work for me, but another way to do it is set your select "Read Title on Load" in options, then reload the files to the list. Glad I could be of help.
Old 4th September 2003, 18:24   #19
taylormemer
(Forum King)

Or on the bottom of the playlist misc> misc> read extended information.

So Ctrl+A to select the tracks then after that Ctrl+Alt+E

Old 4th September 2003, 18:30   #20
clownercockwise

T,
misc > misc in 2x? I don't see it. Ah, found it in the standard PE but not in the ML PE.
Old 4th September 2003, 18:32   #21
taylormemer
(Forum King)

Thats what i was meant sorry i should of been more specific. Theres another wish, read extended info on selection option for the ML PE.

Old 4th September 2003, 18:40   #22
clownercockwise

Right on. I'd thought about posting about in_mp3.dll from time to time. I found the title/tags configuration option by accident one night and have had loads of fun with it since.
Old 4th September 2003, 18:44   #23
taylormemer
(Forum King)

Yes. I dont really touch it now because I have my Artist - Album - Track# - Trackname - Genre - Year all setup up.

Old 4th September 2003, 18:53   #24
StreetWalker

Ok guys, I enqueued all 3500 songs into the old style playlist and selected all of them, then did ctrl-alt-E and it works. Still have a problem though, if I create a new playlist and enqueue files from the Local Media tree, it does not have the formatting. I would have to do the procedure every time I add a file to the playlist to get the formatting to be right.

I hope the next version of WinAmp 2 will simply use the "columns" as in the Media Library instead of all this stuff. To say this interface is NOT user friendly would be a huge understatement!

Thanks for the help,
Steve
Old 4th September 2003, 19:08   #25
clownercockwise

People have mentioned that before in other threads, that when sending a file from ML to PE the ID3 isn't updated. I don't know if it counts as a bug or not. I don't mind it because it distinguishes between songs that have played and songs that haven't played.

When you want to make a new list, just drag & drop from Explorer into the PE to load your playlists with Read Names enabled. Then save it into the ML.

Me, I like the old PE as it is.

(edit)
I checked Tech Support's Greatest Hits for info on configuring the in_mp3.dll. It's not a topic there.

Last edited by clownercockwise; 4th September 2003 at 20:13.
Old 6th September 2003, 08:03   #26
dan2

Does anyone know how to "reformat" the library. A while after installing 2.91 it went corrupt, and I can't delete the conent without dear Dr. Watson apperaring. The error message from Winamp (before it crashes) is
"DB read failed, DB may be corrupted. If this error persists, remove all files from the library". That's exaclty it, I cant.

Where is the library stored? Could I reset it any other way that removing the content from the library window?

I've tried to reinstall, but the installer keeps my library intact (understandably).
dan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2003, 10:20   #27
clownercockwise

It's posted <A HREF="http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=148041">here.</A>
Old 6th September 2003, 10:23   #28
dan2

Thanks Henry1850, that helped. I should have browsed the forum a little more....
dan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2004, 13:07   #29
StreetWalker

The question I'm asking below would not be necessary if the Media Library had customizable columns in the Media Library Playlists View like you have in the Media View. Because of nerdy politics, this isn't likely to happen because "Playlists are Playlists and Views are Views". Da!

Nerds like % macros so let's get nerdy and try to emulate columns by changing the Title Formatting in the in_mp3.dll. What I want to do is make the format be [%1 - %2 - %3 - %6 - %5 - %7] but I have a couple questions:

1. How can I put one or more "tabs" in-between each field to align the fields like columns?

2. When I change the formatting in in_mp3.dll it does not have any effect on the playlist. Does anyone have a procedure that will apply the new format to my existing Media Library Playlists that have hundreds of files?

Steve
Old 18th August 2004, 19:10   #30
StreetWalker

bump
Old 18th August 2004, 19:16   #31
J_Darnley
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to J_Darnley
  1. Do not revive old threads
  2. A bump after 6 hours it far too soon
  3. You better not have anything older than v5.04
  4. Ctrl + Alt + E should (re)load all tag info in the playlist

Winamp ATF ReferenceMy cPro timer widgetMy port of AVS
Do NOT email me with general tech support questions.
J_Darnley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2004, 19:34   #32
siebe83
Forum King

Hey StreetWalker, how are you?

In Winamp 5, the best way to format the playlist titles is with Advanced Title Formatting (Prefs > Titles). If 'Use advanced title formatting when possible' is checked, any formatting in in_mp3.dll will be ignored.

For the tab thing: I believe it's possible, but I don't know how (I read a post about it once, but cannot find it atm). Hopefully someone will notice this thread and help you out. I think it's only possible using Advanced Title Formatting.

For the Media Library Playlists: what J_Darnley said.

[edit]
mhh...
ctrl+alt+e seems not to be working in the media library playlist section

did you try the workaround stated above?
Quote:
Originally posted by clownercockwise
After changing a setting, you have to update the file info in the list for the changes to take effect. You can do this quickly by ctrl-A, alt-3 and holding down enter until the file info window goes away.
[/edit]

Btw, I agree bumping within 6 hours is too early...
Give it some time for people who KNOW the answer to respond.

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2004, 20:27   #33
StreetWalker

Quote:
Originally posted by J_Darnley
  1. Do not revive old threads
  2. A bump after 6 hours it far too soon
  3. You better not have anything older than v5.04
  4. Ctrl + Alt + E should (re)load all tag info in the playlist
who in the fuck are you? I'll do what the hell I want to punk. Ok, now can we all just get along? Listen, I was just joking bossy.

Last edited by StreetWalker; 18th August 2004 at 20:55.
Old 18th August 2004, 20:33   #34
siebe83
Forum King

It's not usual to bump threads within 6 hours. That's why he posted that. If you don't get a reply in 1 or 2 days, you may bump your thread.
You can do what the hell you want, but the chance you'll get a reply will decrease.

Anyway, I think $padcut(%artist%,30) will do the trick (in Advanced Title Formatting: Prefs > Titles).
Use $padcut for all tags (artist, title, etc) and you'll have tabs in your playlist (click the help button at Prefs > Titles for more info).

Did clownercockwise's workaround work, btw?

Old 18th August 2004, 20:42   #35
J_Darnley
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to J_Darnley
Quote:
Originally posted by StreetWalker
who in the fuck are you? I'll do what the hell I want to punk. Ok, now can we all just get along?
Sorry if I offended you.

Winamp ATF ReferenceMy cPro timer widgetMy port of AVS
Do NOT email me with general tech support questions.
J_Darnley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2004, 20:59   #36
StreetWalker

J_Darnley,
that's ok bossy. I was mostly joking. Sorry if I went over the top.

siebe83,
Thanks for the help. I will use this $padcut(%artist%,30). However, I can't get anything to change the format in the Media Libr Playlist. I guess I need a step by step procedure.

Steve
Old 20th August 2004, 18:30   #37
StreetWalker

Quote:
Originally posted by siebe83
I think $padcut(%artist%,30) will do the trick (in Advanced Title Formatting: Prefs > Titles).
Use $padcut for all tags (artist, title, etc) and you'll have tabs in your playlist (click the help button at Prefs > Titles for more info).
Thanks siebe83 it works fine. However, I have a problem because the columns do not line up as expected. Is there a command like $padcut(%artist%,30) except it start each field in a specified column? For example, artist starts in column 1, then title always starts in column 40, etc.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 20th August 2004, 18:39   #38
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

use a monospace font
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2004, 18:47   #39
StreetWalker

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
use a monospace font
I can't fine monospace font setting. Does this font setting affect all screens?

I guess there is no "goto column" command? Or, a command to add tabs might work but I can't find it in the Advanced Title Formatting HELP.

Steve
Old 20th August 2004, 19:07   #40
siebe83
Forum King

No, there's no 'goto column' or 'tab' command.

You can set a monospace font at Prefs > Playlist
Uncheck 'Use skin or language font' and specify the font you want to use.
For instance Courier New, or Fixedsys (or search for a better one on Google).

Note that this font will also be used for the Media Library if this option is checked:
Prefs > Media Library > Library Options > click 'Modify Settings' > 'Media Library uses same font as Playlist Editor'

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support