Old 14th April 2007, 10:17   #121
fabiwan

Well it is not really a problem, but just thought it would be nicer for your current time not to move away from the separator whatever it is 1 or more than 10 min track, or when you toggle remainig time. if you align current time to right, it will stay near your separator whatever mode or time is on. Maybe it is just the way I would do it...

I have also added this code on "vus.maki" for a much smoother vumeter (still strange behavior though), the idea is to go from peaks to peaks rather than displaying all peaks. I don't know if it is very optimized as I'm newbie on maki script, but can be a start for further analyse (if you're intersted):

Global Int speedLeft;
Global Int speedRight;
Global Int endLeft;
Global Int endRight;

System.OnScriptLoaded ()
{

t.SetDelay(10);

speedLeft = 0;
speedRight = 0;
}

t.OnTimer ()
{

endLeft = lt.GetWidth() * GetLeftVuMeter() / 255;
endRight = rt.GetWidth() * GetRightVuMeter() / 255;

speedLeft = ((speedLeft+(endLeft-lf.GetWidth())/3)*0.4)*2.5;
lf.SetXmlParam("w", IntegerToString(speedLeft));

speedRight = ((speedRight +(endRight-rf.GetWidth())/3)*0.4)*2.5;
rf.SetXmlParam("w", IntegerToString(speedRight));
}

cheers.
fabien

Last edited by fabiwan; 14th April 2007 at 11:23.
fabiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2007, 19:46   #122
Frek

Merci Fabiwan de faire avancer cette skin, elle est top et unique avec son système d'onglets et l'affichage de la cover intégré (quand ça marche...).
Frek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2007, 21:24   #123
SLoB
Major Dude

getwidth would be better got when the skin is shown/resized rather than on every timer event

setxmlparam i think would be slower than having an actual solid bar and restricting its width via a mask/map

30 might be a more usable number for the timer imo
SLoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2007, 00:35   #124
fabiwan

Merci pour ton commentaire frek, j'aime aussi beaucoup cette skin,but it is mostly the author to be thanked for doing it, and leaving his code available for tweaking, which taught me a lot about maki.
You're totally right slob about the track width which doesn't need to be recalled on timer as it is supposed to be constant, but I just tweaked this part because I wanted a smoother vumeter. If the author is interested by the algorythm, he will then do the necessary to optimize it over his project.
Old 15th April 2007, 03:45   #125
jerimiah40
Major Dude

OMG, This skin is beautiful! I was going to post a couple things that I found that didn't work right, but then I realized it was mostly mistakes I was making :P

Only things:

The album covers from the internet don't work in the notifier

No windowshade mode yet

In the main window, where the time display is shown, there's a large space after the elapsed time. If you need, I can post a screenshot.
jerimiah40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2007, 10:41   #126
hammerhead
The Shark
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to hammerhead
wow, lots of discussion, did not expect this

hrm, my problem with the time being aligned to the right was that there was a big space between the bar to the left and the text. i thought it looked a little better to have the timer aligned to the left with a little room to spare.

what may be a possibility is having a plus sign before the time when we are viewing time elapsed, or using a zero before the time (ie 02:00 instead of 2:00). what are your opinions on these options?

the internet album cover was originally removed because it exploited a flaw in winamp, it made use of a possible security vulnerability.. i will have a look around and see if it is possible, but there's a good chance it won't be.
hammerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2007, 13:33   #127
fabiwan

Isn't there a way to do as so:
a textfield with; time+"/"+length
Old 15th April 2007, 15:53   #128
hammerhead
The Shark
(Forum King)

there is, but if i do that the whole thing will move about quite frequently, seeing as i am not using a fixed font.
Old 15th April 2007, 19:59   #129
jerimiah40
Major Dude

From those two options, I'd personally rather have the '0' in front.

As for the album art from internet, I wouldn't so much worry about keeping it, but at least remove the option to turn it on as it looks ass-ugly :P

One more error I noticed but haven't been able to reproduce was in the list of Color Themes. The first time I loaded it up, the highlight color on the selected theme ran over on top of the scroll bar, and only disappeared while I was scrolling. Only happened until I started playing though, and after that I haven't seen it again.

Great skin though!
jerimiah40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2007, 20:18   #130
hammerhead
The Shark
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by jerimiah40
From those two options, I'd personally rather have the '0' in front.

As for the album art from internet, I wouldn't so much worry about keeping it, but at least remove the option to turn it on as it looks ass-ugly :P

One more error I noticed but haven't been able to reproduce was in the list of Color Themes. The first time I loaded it up, the highlight color on the selected theme ran over on top of the scroll bar, and only disappeared while I was scrolling. Only happened until I started playing though, and after that I haven't seen it again.

Great skin though!
thanks fair enough, forgot to remove the album art option from the settings window
Old 15th April 2007, 22:50   #131
fabiwan

Well maybe you can just display time and put the length with the song name as you did with the ablbum's year.
Or put the time data on the right of your screen.

Last edited by fabiwan; 15th April 2007 at 23:06.
Old 15th April 2007, 23:49   #132
hammerhead
The Shark
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by fabiwan
Well maybe you can just display time and put the length with the song name as you did with the ablbum's year.
Or put the time data on the right of your screen.
ok, i think i'll include a setting to change this around!
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins