Old 28th March 2019, 14:57   #481
MourningStar
Junior Member
 
MourningStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
... He did not have to share it. ...
Well, he did didn't he ... and he also responded to many who had posted. Regarding 'decency', your opinion (as well as mine) is noted.
MourningStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2019, 17:32   #482
gaekwad2
Foorum King
 
gaekwad2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: bar2000
Posts: 11,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
Hi MourningStar,

Peter's email address (...) is where ariszio stated it is at. It has always been there, starting with his 1st update version (in 2016). It is also listed in the Skin information box in the Winamp Preferences dialog
...and should have remained there.

I'm sure you meant no harm, but if somebody doesn't post their address in a public forum (overrun with spambots) themselves you shouldn't do so either. Maybe ask a mod to remove it from your post?
gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2019, 18:50   #483
MourningStar
Junior Member
 
MourningStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaekwad2 View Post
...and should have remained there.

..., but if somebody doesn't post their address in a public forum (overrun with spambots) themselves you shouldn't do so either. ...
MourningStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2019, 19:21   #484
Aminifu
Forum King
 
Aminifu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaekwad2 View Post
...and should have remained there.

I'm sure you meant no harm, but if somebody doesn't post their address in a public forum (overrun with spambots) themselves you shouldn't do so either. Maybe ask a mod to remove it from your post?
You are correct. My 1st thought (without thinking it through) was to provide MourningStar the info he said he couldn't find.

Pawel has edited my post (removing the email address). Thank you, Pawel.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2019, 19:28   #485
NJK
The Frisian Spamfighter
 
NJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: a real Frisian hometown
Posts: 14,941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
You are correct. My 1st thought (without thinking it through) was to provide MourningStar the info he said he couldn't find.
and there is nothing wrong with helping out others

next time --> PM

Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.
**************************************************************************

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
NJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2019, 19:49   #486
MourningStar
Junior Member
 
MourningStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
...(without thinking it through) was to provide MourningStar the info he said he couldn't find.
yeah, ... PeterK informing the community he would no longer participate I still cannot find and with all the activity this has produced, - still not found.
MourningStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2019, 20:36   #487
ariszlo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Hungary
Posts: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by MourningStar View Post
PeterK informing the community he would no longer participate I still cannot find
No, he has not explicitly stated so but you can infer it by checking when he was last active and from his not announcing the latest release of Quinto Black CT.
ariszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2019, 20:59   #488
Aminifu
Forum King
 
Aminifu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,648
I don't really care if PeterK posts here or not.

I'm happy that as of earlier this month he was still working on this skin. The animated speakers in v2.8 is a nice addition, imho.

Thank you ariszlo for the heads up in your updated signature.

Those who want v2.8 can Google search for the download link.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2019, 21:38   #489
MourningStar
Junior Member
 
MourningStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariszlo View Post
No, he has not explicitly stated so but you can infer it by checking when he was last active and from his not announcing the latest release of Quinto Black CT.
thank you. I do not 'infer' from when one is 'last active' because activity here has mega-drastically gone down. -laters, and see you on 'the other side'.
MourningStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2019, 03:22   #490
Renan.Spolon
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 3
This skin is a spectacle, to be perfect you only have the option to remove the "Side Panel Color", leaving everything transparent.

It would be interesting a way to auto-update Skin, or that it warns that it has a new update.

Hugs and thanks for your work.

**************

Esta Skin é um espetáculo, para ficar perfeito só falta a opção de remover o "Side Panel Color" deixando tudo transparente.

Seria interessante uma forma de auto-atualizar da Skin, ou que ela avissase que tem uma nova atualização.

Abraços e muito obrigado pelo seu trabalho.
Renan.Spolon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2019, 20:46   #491
Aminifu
Forum King
 
Aminifu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renan.Spolon View Post
...
Is it possible to remove the reflection in the panels?

...
These reflections are an important component in PeterK's vision for this skin, but they can be removed.

Shutdown Winamp or switch to another skin. Then you can use an archiving app (eg. 7zip) to open the Quinto Black CT v*.wal file (version 2.5 or newer) and delete, rename, or move the image files ("light_reflection.png" and "light_reflection_big.png") in the PNG subfolder within the .wal file that provide these reflections.

These 2 images are not critical to the operation of this skin and an error message should not be generated when the skin's associated calling routine can't find them.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2019, 03:40   #492
Renan.Spolon
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
These reflections are an important component in PeterK's vision for this skin, but they can be removed.

Shutdown Winamp or switch to another skin. Then you can use an archiving app (eg. 7zip) to open the Quinto Black CT v*.wal file (version 2.5 or newer) and delete, rename, or move the image files ("light_reflection.png" and "light_reflection_big.png") in the PNG subfolder within the .wal file that provide these reflections.

These 2 images are not critical to the operation of this skin and an error message should not be generated when the skin's associated calling routine can't find them.

Wow!!!

Worked, thank you.
Renan.Spolon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2019, 12:06   #493
ariszlo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Hungary
Posts: 491
Quinto Black CT v2.9 is out:
ariszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2019, 02:02   #494
ChozoSR388
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 7
Is there any place I can let him know about a graphical issue (layer positioning) that I found? I don't know how long it's been in the skin, or if anyone else has noticed it, let alone him.

Here's the layering issue:
ChozoSR388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2019, 02:07   #495
ChozoSR388
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 7
And when I say layering issue, what I mean is that in all the other component elements that have the lights at the top, the lights all go over the top "display" layers, but under the plastic layer
ChozoSR388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2019, 13:14   #496
ariszlo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Hungary
Posts: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChozoSR388 View Post
Is there any place I can let him know about a graphical issue (layer positioning) that I found?
Yes. You can find his email address in the skin.xml file inside Quinto Black CT v2.9.wal.
ariszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2019, 16:04   #497
Aminifu
Forum King
 
Aminifu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChozoSR388 View Post
And when I say layering issue, what I mean is that in all the other component elements that have the lights at the top, the lights all go over the top "display" layers, but under the plastic layer
It appears to me that the effect is the same with all the components with lights at the top. It is more or less noticeable depending on the colors (or color theme) being used.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2019, 19:50   #498
ariszlo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Hungary
Posts: 491
Quinto Black CT v3.0 released

Now with RGB Color Changer!
ariszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins

Tags
color theme, modern skin, peterk, quinto black, victhor

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump