Old 19th November 2003, 18:27   #1
Starbucks
Forum King

2005 Acura NSX photos

Honda has finally updated the NSX after 13 years. The concept 2005 Honda NSX, dubbed the HSC (High Speed Concept??) is built with aluminum and carbon fiber, so it will probably be lighter than previous versions. This new beauty will have an updated engine, while still a V6, produces 350HP@3.5 litres. A 50HP electric motor can be added on, making 400HP with great fuel economy. Price will stay the same at around 89k USD. Honda has also updated gear shifting, the NSX will use paddle shifthing, much like Ferrari's F1 gearbox.

Photos:

http://www.triumphpc.com/cgi-bin/nph...adalimit/3.jpg
[Edited for width. -Hugh]

More photos at http://www.streetracersonline.com/articles/nsx/ and here: http://www.jdmuniverse.com/forums/sh...d/t-15407.html

In my opinion, it looks a lot like the Autobacs GT NSX here:

The engine specs are also similar, 3.5 litre (which isn't available for the public)
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2003, 19:57   #2
anubis2003
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to anubis2003
it's a nice looking car, but I won't be able to look at it in the same light as the old nsx. It had that completely distincitve look to it. This one is looking more like other cars(the Zonda ... comes to mind).
anubis2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2003, 21:43   #3
laz
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to laz
Hmm, this is an extreamly new look for honda, a usualy somewhat conservative company when it comes to mind. (I have a 1990 accord, and my father has a 2000 accord, and they look so damn simmilar, just the 2k is more bloated.)
But I dont like the lines of this car, or it could be that I am just too spoiled by looking at the Italian exotics.
laz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2003, 21:52   #4
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

I don't think it's too far removed from the previous versions, looks-wise. The NSX has always been aggressively styled. I'd prefer a '90. =)

Meh. To look like it does, it needs more power.

"My heart hates uggos." –J.D.
iomegajaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2003, 23:27   #5
Shenlong
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Shenlong Send a message via Yahoo to Shenlong
Re: 2005 Acura NSX photos

Quote:
Originally posted by Starbucks
Correct, it is an Autobac's-built car, but it's the Nissan-powered ASL Garaiya that races in the JGTC GT300 class...

While it does look like the Garaiya, I think it also somewhat resembles the Lamborghini Gallardo as well...

And while I did not like the NSX, being the under-powered over-price piece of crap it was built out to be, I do like the HSC. It's refined looks are alot better looking than the current NSX, IMHO (Although the old NSX with the flip-up headlights looked alot better). Not to mention it's in a coupe variant. Since it's a coupe, it will have a more rigid roof than the NSX did with it's targa top. The roof is where most of the stability in the chassis of a car is from, and without it, extra stability has to be added to the chassis to make it stronger, which in turn makes it heavier. With it's solid roof on, it will handle better. And on top of an engine that's putting out more power with a lighter weight, it will go faster. This is what the NSX should've been in the first place, and it's definitly a worthy replacement as well.

BTW: HSC stands for Honda Sports Concept...

A very close Japanese friend I knew a while ago once said to me "Watashi no koto wo oboeta, onegai shimasu...Yakusoku?"

I forgot his name though...
Shenlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2003, 00:04   #6
Starbucks
Forum King

Quote:
Correct, it is an Autobac's-built car, but it's the Nissan-powered ASL Garaiya that races in the JGTC GT300 class...
Autobacs also had Toga's NSX engine in that thing. I dont know why they would want to use nissans. Perhaps a silly excuse to supercharge it? There was another company, I think Desso, who made their own chasis for the NSX too.
Old 20th November 2003, 00:11   #7
Shenlong
Forum King

Umm...The Nissan engine they use is the SR20DET (2.0L DOHC Inline-6)...If you know anything about Nissan's befabled SR-series engines, you know they're serious performance engines built to last (As seen with the SR26DETT in the BNR34 Skyline GT-R). Supercharge? Forget that. The "T" in "SR20DET" stands for "turbocharge"...

A very close Japanese friend I knew a while ago once said to me "Watashi no koto wo oboeta, onegai shimasu...Yakusoku?"

Old 20th November 2003, 00:15   #8
Starbucks
Forum King

Im not saying that the engine in that thing is an underperformer, its the turbo charged vehicles almost always out-perform naturally aspirated vehicles in race, but honda likes to stay away from that.
Old 20th November 2003, 00:20   #9
Shenlong
Forum King

Well, guess what: You're lost...I'm talking about the Nissan-powered GT300 Class ASL Garaiya, not the GT500 Autobacs Honda NSX...

And I've never heard of Autobacs using a Honda engine to power the Garaiya in the first place, since stage 1 of building the car...Even the street examples are SR20-powered...

Old 20th November 2003, 00:23   #10
Starbucks
Forum King

I must be, because i was talking about something else?
Old 20th November 2003, 03:59   #11
jakeledel
Banned

that is a very sexy automobile.
jakeledel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2003, 04:14   #12
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

While being an anti-Ford advocate, I do like the new Mustang Retro (pic unavailable)
ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2003, 23:10   #13
Shenlong
Forum King

http://www.stangnet.com/mustanggtconcept/

While I think I love the way Ford is going with the 60's look for the new Mustang, I absolutly HATE the way the red convertible concept car looks opposed to the silver fastback. I've been more of a fan of the fastback coupes anyway, but the lines on the concept convertible don't flow as easily with each other. Lose the rollbar is one step. The silver housing headlights look good on the fastback, but that's because it's already silver. It contrasts too easily on a red car.

Otherwise, it's the 1967 Shelby GT500 all over again, and I like it!

Honda HSC? Oh, that's the car we were talking about before...

Old 21st November 2003, 06:42   #14
Omega X
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Omega X Send a message via Yahoo to Omega X
Re: 2005 Acura NSX photos

Quote:
Originally posted by Starbucks
Honda has finally updated the NSX after 13 years. The concept 2005 Honda NSX, dubbed the HSC (High Speed Concept??) is built with aluminum and carbon fiber, so it will probably be lighter than previous versions. This new beauty will have an updated engine, while still a V6, produces 350HP@3.5 litres. A 50HP electric motor can be added on, making 400HP with great fuel economy. Price will stay the same at around 89k USD. Honda has also updated gear shifting, the NSX will use paddle shifthing, much like Ferrari's F1 gearbox.

Photos:

http://www.triumphpc.com/cgi-bin/nph...adalimit/3.jpg
[Edited for width. -Hugh]

More photos at http://www.streetracersonline.com/articles/nsx/ and here: http://www.jdmuniverse.com/forums/sh...d/t-15407.html

The engine specs are also similar, 3.5 litre (which isn't available for the public)

That's no suprise that it looks like the Race car. Honda always designs its cars from their race car counterparts. After all, that's where they made a name for themselves.
Omega X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2003, 20:29   #15
fwgx
Rudolf the Red.
(Forum King)

Ewww, horrible crappy Japaneese sports cars .

That new Mustang looks ok tho.

.: fwgx.co.uk.:.My art:.

"We think science is interesting and if you disagree, you can fuck off."
fwgx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2003, 22:54   #16
laz
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to laz
That mustang looks HORRIBLE! Then again, I so far do not like the looks of any car pic in this thread (save the lambo).
I would rather have them release the same body style of the older shelby, just update everything on it, and dont give it that cheezy futuristic look.
The Italain car desiners have been able to use the futuristic look to their advantage, by making the cars look insainly awsome (new lambo's and farrari enzo). But the american cars, just dont cut it for me. I mean, they are trying to look back at their heratige, but fail to realize their goals too well.
laz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions