Old 19th November 2003, 16:46   #1
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

What 50 cent needs.

This fuckin guy. This fuckin guy.

This guy needs to be drug out into the street and shot.
Again.

Do yourself a favor and read his biography on 50cent.com. It's hilarious, filled with new-age words (realest, drive him to the block)and says completely nothing. The guy's biggest claim to fame was that he was shot a shitload of times. I imagine it's because he's an unoriginal hack, who deserves nothing.
But my biggest question is why would he be shot if, according to the author of his biography, he was focused on his rap carreer and his family.

My biggest question to 50 cent, is what have you got that is making you popular? A new sound? No. A new face? No. A warm body to sell tickets to rap concerts? BING! We have a winner.
This guy is useless, and I don't understand why it's considered a good idea to hold a person who's been shot 9 times for doing something stupid up on a pedastal.

Oh here's a good article:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/arts/featu...051777,00.html

" In the foyer of the Landmark Hotel, a painfully well-to-do place in west London, a group of men move through the foyer to gratifying effect. Thin-blooded business types stare as the posse, dripping with gold chains, roll through reception lugging sacks from McDonald's, the smell of which has in seconds obliterated that of the hotel's carefully arranged orchids. On the day of their arrival, 50 Cent and his 18-strong entourage were held for several hours at Heathrow while customs officials checked that none of them had outstanding warrants."

If he's such a tough motherfucker, why is it he and Eminem have 20 guys surrounding them all day? And doesn't he know that McDonald's sucks? Or was he sucked in by the new "I'm lovin it" advertising campaign?

"Twenty-eight years ago, having a teen pregnancy wasn't as common as it is these days. When it happened, she started to hustle to provide for me. You know? And... she, she got killed. And after she got killed, I stayed with my grandparents. But she was in the streets so much, I stayed with them before, too."--50 cent

Again, the truth is hiding inside cliche-like language that is both vague and misleading: In his Biography on his webpage, it is stated: "...Raised without a father, 50's mother, whose name carried weight in the street (hint, hint, dummies), was found dead under mysterious circumstances before he could hit his teens." Evidentally in the streets, hustling means something more than just scrounging for food. Evidentally it's veryy (hint, hint, dummies) which must mean that his mom was a whole lot cooler than reality states.

He also " has been shot nine times in a failed assassination attempt, stabbed, jailed for peddling crack, and was orphaned when his teenage mother was drugged and left in a room with the gas turned on."
So peddling crack is a great thing to be doing, and can lead to record deals. Remember that kids.
And here we are back to his mother. First, there is nothing stating that someone else did this, and filling a house with gas by the stove when someone is laying on the floor is not going to kill them unless they are there for around six hours. Where was 50 during this time? Why would she be in the house alone if she's a responsible mother? Is there evidence that she didn't do these things herself?

"If there's beef, cock it and dump it, the drama really means nothin
To me I'll ride by and blow ya brains out (brains out)
There's no time to cock it, no way you can stop it
When niggas run up on you wit them thangs out (thangs out)
I do what I gotta do I don't care I if get caught
The DA can play this motherfuckin tape in court
I'll kill you - I ain't playin, hear what I'm sayin, homie I ain't playin
Catch you slippin, I'ma kill you - I ain't playin, hear what I'm sayin,
homie I ain't playin"--50 cent "Heat"

I'm having a hard time endearing this dde to anything but a drive by shooting.

Who listens to this shit? Remarkably, the largest buyer in America are Caucasian Males. And why is it every dude I ever see with thier pimped out Hondas and Timberland Boots (with no dirt on them, we wouldn't want to "work" in our boots, would we?), they live in huge houses and haven't had a summer job in thier lives, much less a real job where you actually have to go to work and earn pay. This isn't the case in all, but many that I've seen.

Okay, I'm done, I just needed to get my dislike on this guy out in the open, plus it gave me a reason to research him and answer my own questions (what few were actually answered without vague bullshit).

Go read a book without pictures
pabook? | Look, a blog! | Buy Stuff I Wrote
Fickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2003, 17:14   #2
DragonSon
Fears the boots
Forum King

I hear you Fickle. I really do hate this guy. Nothing about him stands out and makes him different from all the other rap hacks out today. It sickens me, really.
DragonSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2003, 20:21   #3
WomanOfHeart
Major Dudette

50 Cent...what a joke! The rapper worth half a cup of coffee! LMAO! There are so many girls at my university who just swoon at the mention of his name. Most of them are right out of high school, so they don't know any better, but still...would any of you REALLY want to be seen with this poor excuse of a human?

WomanOfHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2003, 22:11   #4
Shenlong
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Shenlong Send a message via Yahoo to Shenlong
Quote:
Originally posted by WomanOfHeart
would any of you REALLY want to be seen with this poor excuse of a human?
*shows WOH his .55 Calibur and body bag*

A very close Japanese friend I knew a while ago once said to me "Watashi no koto wo oboeta, onegai shimasu...Yakusoku?"

I forgot his name though...
Shenlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2003, 22:37   #5
horse-fly
Account Closed

who is 50 cents again?
horse-fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2003, 22:45   #6
Bilbo Baggins
Wind Chime of the Apocalypse

I had not heard of him until a few days ago.
Bilbo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2003, 23:04   #7
White Raven
Little Winged One

Quote:
Originally posted by WomanOfHeart
50 Cent...what a joke! The rapper worth half a cup of coffee! LMAO! There are so many girls at my university who just swoon at the mention of his name. Most of them are right out of high school, so they don't know any better, but still...would any of you REALLY want to be seen with this poor excuse of a human?
u. u I'd rather be fucking married to a blow-up doll than be seen in public

*With him
*Within 100 miles of him
*Listening to his music.
/edit
He did more damage to music than me taking a golfclub to a mushroom.

I love that line, dunno why.
//edit

just as feathery as ever | portfolio | a poignant quote
White Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2003, 23:08   #8
Namelessv1
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Horse-Fly
who is 50 cents again?
He's an extremely crappy, bland rap who's aligned himself with the Eminem-Dr. Dre faction.
Namelessv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2003, 23:09   #9
horse-fly
Account Closed

they make blow up dolls for woman? you learn somethinig new everday don't ya...

Edit: Dawg, i am sooo out of touch with pop culture... it is unbelievable
horse-fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2003, 23:11   #10
Namelessv1
Forum King

It's probably best that your are...the horrors of the music industry...they're taking over...
Namelessv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2003, 23:30   #11
Shenlong
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Shenlong Send a message via Yahoo to Shenlong
Quote:
Originally posted by Horse-Fly
they make blow up dolls for woman? you learn somethinig new everday don't ya...

Edit: Dawg, i am sooo out of touch with pop culture... it is unbelievable
Stay away from mainstream rap, and you're fine where you are now.

A very close Japanese friend I knew a while ago once said to me "Watashi no koto wo oboeta, onegai shimasu...Yakusoku?"

I forgot his name though...
Shenlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2003, 14:18   #12
Raas

Ever heard Sean-paul?

I feel like throwing out my tv everytime I hear that useless
shit!!
Raas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2003, 17:48   #13
Mike H.
Forum Esperantist
(Major Dude)

Send a message via AIM to Mike H.
I don't understand what is so great about 50 Cent. He is one of the least talented rappers I have ever heard. If you want to hear some good rap, listen to Outkast.
Mike H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2003, 21:28   #14
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally posted by Raas
Ever heard Sean-paul?

I feel like throwing out my tv everytime I hear that useless
shit!!
I was at school once, and we were listening to the radio during my art class. It was tuned to 99.7 WDJX (Louisville radio station, plays the top 40 songs on the shit list), and 2 of the people that were at my table that listened to rap were talking about him when (I'm assuming) his song was on...I could NOT understand a fucking word he was saying! Sounded like a Jamacian on crack...

If people can sell albums with crap like that, I don't see why I can't release an album that features pure screaming...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2003, 22:34   #15
OutlawJim
Confused
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to OutlawJim Send a message via AIM to OutlawJim Send a message via Yahoo to OutlawJim
What 50 cent needs: a good flogging

Nobby:I have ADD.... Germ:No shit, Nobby? Nobody would have ever guessed.
OutlawJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2003, 22:34   #16
OutlawJim
Confused
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to OutlawJim Send a message via AIM to OutlawJim Send a message via Yahoo to OutlawJim
What 50 cent needs: a good flogging

Nobby:I have ADD.... Germ:No shit, Nobby? Nobody would have ever guessed.
OutlawJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2003, 23:29   #17
Bilbo Baggins
Wind Chime of the Apocalypse

OutlawJim: So angry he said it twice!
Bilbo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2003, 04:57   #18
djmastermind
Forum King

Oh my god! There's people out there that appreciate good music! I've finally found you!

Truthfully, the whole rap culture really shows me the decline of society. And whoever made that comment abot Outkast above it correct. Outkast actually have a lick of talent.

Thank you Fickle for your enlightening post. I will now show this post to everyone I know that listens to that kind of shit.

-- Michael
djmastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2003, 05:01   #19
White Raven
Little Winged One

Well, for one thing, try listening to any one or two sentences in Rap.

See if any of them are proper English words.

Old 27th November 2003, 05:04   #20
djmastermind
Forum King

Since I don't own any or have any on my computer, I regret to inform you that this isn't possible. It doesn't break my heart, though.

I live in a hiphop/rap dominated area, so almost everyone at my school is in love with people like 50Cent, Eminem, Sean Paul, etc. I've never once heard anyone in that "group" speak clearly, softly, quietly, or properly.

Please, please don't misinterpret this as racism. I don't want to get a thousand complaints.

-- Michael
Old 27th November 2003, 05:06   #21
White Raven
Little Winged One

It's true, a lot of people who love the mainstream rap are loud, obnoxious people who don't know when to shut up about fucking bitches, money, and gold rims on cars.

Old 27th November 2003, 05:10   #22
djmastermind
Forum King

If you sit down any think about this, there's always some sort of drama or "rivalry" in these groups of people. Reason being, as I see it, is because they never stop to think about what they're saying or doing.

To survive as a proper human being, one must learn to think before one speaks. I can't wait until they leave highschool and realize they can't write their term papers in college in "thug".

-- Michael
Old 27th November 2003, 18:14   #23
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally posted by djmastermind
To survive as a proper human being, one must learn to think before one speaks. I can't wait until they leave highschool and realize they can't write their term papers in college in "thug".
Almost 3/4ths of these people at my school are just on the verge of failing, because they don't score the grades in classes, and/or they're always getting ISAP/detention...I can't see those type of people in college, let alone at the high school graduation ceremonies...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2003, 02:40   #24
djmastermind
Forum King

And that goes back to my point of the decadence of society. Though, I wonder.. is this what people thought about the hippies?

-- Michael
Old 28th November 2003, 13:50   #25
Merlin
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightViper88
Sounded like a Jamacian on crack
probably because he is Jamaican...

as he faced the sun, he cast no shadow
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2003, 17:40   #26
djmastermind
Forum King

... on crack.

-- Michael
Old 28th November 2003, 18:01   #27
White Raven
Little Winged One

At least hippies smoked dope and protested for peace, and not drive around in cars shooting people for 'Bein' aown mah TURF yo.'

Old 28th November 2003, 18:25   #28
djmastermind
Forum King

Yes, but us Americans don't want peace, you see? All we want to do is interfere with things that aren't our business and assume the worst about anyone who doesn't support out democratic ways.

-- Michael
Old 29th November 2003, 08:55   #29
IUMaestro

Send a message via AIM to IUMaestro
If this is a political discussion you want then it is one we shall have.

First of all, it must be recognized that all actions of authority or common intent have and will always have strong and valid opposition. Many of American individuals actually do want peace, love, and all of that crap, but also we secretly cherish the clear advantage we have in the global circus and are well aware that our forceful dictation of the world helps us maintain such status. This is of course a historical recurrence and not a surprise.

What bothers me so much though is the incongruity of sorts. We act in a global sense in the same way that those who we are so pressed to crush act on a national level. It's horribly ironic. I almost wish it were attacking another land just for land and money, rather than for what we have grown to label it.

Where must one draw the line between protection of our freedom and the persecution of cultures unlike ours. Between freeing people from oppressors and being blatantly oppressive ourselves.

My answer to this is balance in all respects.. Balance of American opinion, balance of action, of Left and Right, elephants and donkeys, freedom and war and peace and law. No action or even thought will go without strong and once again, valid opposition, so maybe our job is just to fit in and be heavy enough to tip the weight just a little towards our side.

PS – I agree with all of the 50 cent posts : )
IUMaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2003, 23:12   #30
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike H.
If you want to hear some good rap, listen to Outkast.
ShyShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2003, 23:20   #31
djmastermind
Forum King

Hey YA!

-- Michael
Old 2nd December 2003, 23:41   #32
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

You, know, Fickle, you should have made this thread a poll, cause I would've voted for a lobotomy
ShyShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2003, 23:42   #33
NJK
The Frisian

mercy shot more like it

Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
NJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2003, 21:39   #34
Mike H.
Forum Esperantist
(Major Dude)

Send a message via AIM to Mike H.
I think I heard 50 Cent was nominated for 5 Grammys. How did this happen? His music is no different than the rap we've been hearing for the last 15 years. Well, it's a little different, you can't dance to it. But it's the same old thing: guns, drugs, bling-bling, bitches & hoes.
Mike H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2003, 22:38   #35
djmastermind
Forum King

That most definitely deserves a Grammy, right? I mean.. it's what everyone is doing nowadays, so whoever does it with more public followers gets the awards, right?

-- Michael
Old 7th December 2003, 23:17   #36
parapraxis

I would have figured a good grammar lesson first, without knowing anything about the guy. The plural of "cent" is "cents."
parapraxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Music O'Rama