Old 12th January 2011, 18:50   #1
Visualization (vis_avs.dll) screwed display

I have searched everywhere and found nothing on this issue. Also much of the advice in the READ ME FIRST section required access to the app, which I no longer have because of the failure. (I am on a different computer which will not help).

I am running Winamp FREE 5.601. Yesterday I selected a new visualization from the list that I had not run before. (Advanced Visualization Studio v2.83- vis_avs.dll). It ran for a while, then it just changed size, and went to about the size of a mobile device. then it froze entirely, and then froze the entire app, and then the entire computer. I had to reboot to get out. When it restarted, my display was still the size of a mobile screen, but the background images were full size and with no scroll bars, impossible to use. I rebooted in SAFE mode and checked my display settings, but only safe mode settings were available. The display size shown, referred to the screen BEHIND the mini-window. I tried changing them back, but each time I got the same mini-screen. Note: In SAFE mode, the screen is full size, although just VGA res.

I restarted in SAFE mode and ran a system restore. It was 'successful', but it still did not change the display window size. I restored twice more, going back about a month, none of which helped, and I still have this postage stamp screen window in the center of a large black background. The background had not been miniaturized, only the viewing window, so I cannot access any controls for the apps. In Safe mode, all the settings are different because all drivers do not load, so I am stuck with a computer I can no longer use, because I can't see anything! I don't know what it did, but if system restore does not fix it, it may have damaged some firmware, but that is why I am here.

ANY suggestions would be a great help. Here are a few system details:
PC= HP ZE9760us (Notebook)
Processor- AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-58, 1900 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
Physical Memory -2.0GB
Video Card- Nvida GForce (Ver. unkown at this writing)

Thanks in advance for any help offered.
FreedomRydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

display bug, screen size, visualization, vis_avs