Old 21st March 2001, 21:20   #1
ampburner
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to ampburner Send a message via AIM to ampburner Send a message via Yahoo to ampburner
since I'm bored right now, and the skin love forums aren't showing much activity, I thought I'd start on of them useless threads... so... I'm asking what your favorite cheese is!!!!!

Not really sure about my own favorite though...I think I like 'Old Amsterdam' best. It's like....really salty 'n tasty 'n old yummy!
ampburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2001, 21:34   #2
Spoonman

Depends on the context. On a sandwich, it's Provolone. By itself or on a cracker, it's Brie or Camembert (sp?).
Spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2001, 21:36   #3
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

MMmmmm, Port Salut, followed closely be a nice ripe, mouldy bit of English stilton, yummmmmy.

Back to the fridge me thinks........
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2001, 21:45   #4
ampburner
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to ampburner Send a message via AIM to ampburner Send a message via Yahoo to ampburner
I don't want to get technical (because actually, I know just as little about it as do you all ) But IMHO french cheese is more fungus than cheese . It's still very nice (Brie or Camembert mmmmm) and I know that in fact it is cheese. But it's not cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese, If you know what I mean.

Old 21st March 2001, 23:15   #5
Duk
Major Dude

Hmmm ... I think my favorite cheese is right over here. Mmmm!!! And it's mighty tasty too!

... and long overdue for a facelift ... Wha huh?! Sumbuddy say sumpfin'?!
Duk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2001, 01:02   #6
chiquita chad
Forum King

my fave has got to be american!
the only one that comes indiv. rapped and ready to eat!!!

Artist Track
chiquita chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2001, 08:00   #7
Jayn
Honorary Vixen
(Forum Queen)

Send a message via ICQ to Jayn Send a message via AIM to Jayn
I'm not much of a cheese fan....but Cujo loves cheese!! He likes American cheese.

Jayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2001, 08:33   #8
Princess Dagger

Brie, all the way.

BTW, Amp - Speaking of useless blather, have you seen that commercial for the new Tom Green movie, where he's in a factory and says something like "I'm not going anywhere without my cheese helmet!!!"

I think about your sig everytime it comes on.

Ah well, back to working on my project...
Princess Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2001, 09:21   #9
AHJTeam - Mega

Send a message via ICQ to AHJTeam - Mega
dunno what it is in english, but in finnish its Oltermanni.
AHJTeam - Mega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2001, 10:43   #10
Xerxes
Capitalist Alumni

Send a message via ICQ to Xerxes
Please pass the Parmesan!

Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2001, 12:00   #11
ampburner
Forum King

Is that for the tom green movie? I got the cheese helmet sig from 'some clip' on MTV bytesize, I didn't even know what it was...I never realised it had anything to do with tom green... In fact, I dindn't even now he had his own movie! Care to elaborate and enlighten me?
Old 22nd March 2001, 18:47   #12
marc falk

Send a message via ICQ to marc falk
howsabout cathedral city mature cheddar?

or some nice gruyere (sp?)

tasty....

fsnl
Marc

ears on: Fun Lovin' Criminals - We Have All The Time In The World
marc falk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2001, 19:31   #13
pixelpusher
Major Dude

Like Spoonman said. It depends on the context. By itself I like a longhorn style mild coby, On top of my chili I like a good sharp cheddar. I love cheese and will try any.
And nothing beats a Ritz cracker to put cheese on.
pixelpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2001, 21:00   #14
Princess Dagger

Amp - I don't know if your sig is from the movie, but he says Cheese Helmet in the preview, which you can alledgedly get here, but it doesn't so much work on my computer. Before you click, prepare to be really annoyed. I had 2 of those windows opened at once a second ago and I almost flung myself out the window.

The movie's called "Freddy Got Fingered", and that Tom Green is a funny guy.

...oh, and I take it back - I lived in Switzerland for a semester, and Raclette cheese is the best there is.
Princess Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2001, 21:16   #15
ampburner
Forum King

doesn't seem to be working for me either...

I got the whole cheese-helmet-for-a-sig idea from a clip on MTV's bytesize, and I don't think it had anything to do with tom green, but I could be wrong. The clip (I don't think it was a commercial) goes a li'l somethin' like this:
  • It's in black and white, not in color. A guy (I didn't recognise him as being Tom Green but hey, what do I know ) is standing in frony of a big wall, next to a burning oil drum. A monologue about capitalism and especially (his) greed follows (he summs up everything he wants to have). something like this:

Quote:
    I want [....]
    I want [....]
    I want [....]
    I want my own scud missile launcher in my backyard...hell...I pay TAXES! Why can't I have one?
    I want [....]
    I want [....]
    I want a helmet, a cheese helmet, a helmet full of cheese, I wanna pop it on to my head and just eat all day! AND I'M gonna get it some day, I'm gonna have it ALL...And you know WHAT? I'm already WEARING THE CHEESE HELMET!

Sound familiar?

Old 23rd March 2001, 08:15   #16
AHJTeam - Mega

Send a message via ICQ to AHJTeam - Mega
Quote:
Originally posted by ampburner
Sound familiar?
no
AHJTeam - Mega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2001, 12:56   #17
Mr_Tough_Guy
Major Dude

The guy your talking about is Denis Leary an american comedian who used to do a lot of those black and white clips for MTV years ago.
I should know I'm a big fan of the guy. He also did a couple of CD's, a MTV unplugged thing, played in a couple of movies (he played the underground leader guy in Demolition man, the bad guy in judgment night and a load of other things), and was recently on letterman promoting a new cop show he's doing.

If you like the guy try to find one of his cd's, he's like this angry irish guy full of rage that likes to smoke,eat raw meat, and listen to the stones.
Mr_Tough_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2001, 13:15   #18
The Only Lynx
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to The Only Lynx
jong belegen
Leerdammer

"when you are with me i'm free, i'm careless, i believe"
The Only Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2001, 18:30   #19
ampburner
Forum King

Thanx mr tough guy. Just curious
Old 25th March 2001, 03:04   #20
DoubleG

Wait! Back to the topic thread (reading everyone else's made me hungry!)

Context is crucial - blue cheese (American spelling - technically "bleu cheese", right Twilightseer ) is great as a salad dressing/sauce (WINGS!) But the best cheese of all...

(drumroll please!)

Squirt Cheese -
Oh Yeah!!! And it never goes bad!

Cute sayingless
DoubleG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2001, 03:38   #21
MadMac

American squeeze cheese please.:cool
MadMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2001, 08:06   #22
Duk
Major Dude

Love this thread! :o)

LOL ... Like the Sunday funnies section.
Old 27th March 2001, 06:12   #23
Starz

Me? I like "cream" cheese or string cheese, j/k
I like Parmesan or just cheddar.
Old 28th March 2001, 17:25   #24
Duk
Major Dude

Have ya tried the new tangy swiss on those burgers and chicken sandwiches at Wendy's lately?! At least all you stateside folks ... go out an try it now! Mmmmmm!!!
Old 28th March 2001, 17:59   #25
Jayn
Honorary Vixen
(Forum Queen)

Does cheesecake count? I could seriously maim someone for some cherry cheesecake!

Duk...you're makin' me hungry...but livin' in Iowa and getting off work at midnite, I'm afraid the only place that's open around here at that hour is ....Walmart....God help us

Old 28th March 2001, 18:50   #26
Duk
Major Dude

Oh now how could I forget cherry cheesecake?!

Jayn, cut outta work 'bout 10 minutes early and hustle yer hind end on over to the Drive-thru window. You won't regret it! An artery cloggers delight, I must say!
Old 28th March 2001, 19:24   #27
ampburner
Forum King

come to think about it...'Belegen/Oude Beemster' is DA CHEEZ! You don't know cheese if you haven't tasted dutch cheese!
Old 28th March 2001, 19:33   #28
Bogger

I never new Denis Leary was Irish, I thought he was just an angry american.
Bogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2001, 21:14   #29
Mr_Tough_Guy
Major Dude

Denis Leary is an american, an Irish American, his family is from ireland and he does a lot of Angry irish jokes.

BTW what's up with cheesecake, why do they call it cheesecake anyway. must be an american thing, don't see any dutch calling that stuff cheese, think i'd have to agree with ampburner.
Old 31st March 2001, 23:31   #30
ampburner
Forum King

Quote:
don't see any dutch calling that stuff cheese
Well there's a reason for that (well, at least as far as I am concerned, can't speak for Lynx of course)...I'm going to share a big secret now... I do not have a CLUE what cheesecake is !.
seriously. And I never asked because
  • a) I didn't really care and
    b) I was affraid I'd look really stupid.
But I'm asking now.
So... can someone please explain what cheesecake is...?
it's prolly an american thing...I guess
Old 31st March 2001, 23:32   #31
DJ Slamák

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Slamák
Grated and smoked. Or the other way around... rather.

And once I came back, I have to point one thing out... you told me to tone down my sig when I first (last) came in here. Well, here you go. But if you think my sig was large, take a look around http://www.vault13.net/board/. So there. That's all. Move along.
DJ Slamák is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2001, 02:19   #32
Duk
Major Dude

Visited.

Well DJ, we do like to actually read posts around here. Often we do get into the grafix, but it's still about communication on the boards. And by the way, have you noticed how long it takes for pages to load at vault13.net/board/? Sorry, but some of us poor folks are still on lil' helpless dial-ups. At that load rate, I'd be sitting here 24/7 ... not like I don't already, but then I REALLY would be.
Old 1st April 2001, 06:26   #33
cappy17
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by ampburner
So... can someone please explain what cheesecake is...?
Oh, ampburner, you have set yourself up. But I give you points for being brave enough to ask the question. Duk? Jayn? Mr Jones? I think I'll let the three of you experts answer this one.

And Duk, the family and I went by Wendys tonight. As we walked in, I figured to myself, "hey, I know what I'm gonna order. That tangy swiss my good friend Duk recommmended."

Guess what. They've never heard of it here on the West Coast. Aaaaaaargggh. So, Major Duk Dude, you're gonna have to go buy one (chicken variety please) and one-day express it over here. Thanks.

Lunatic fringe, we know you're out there.
cappy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2001, 08:24   #34
Duk
Major Dude

Depending on how far west, I may be able to hand deliver it to ya cappy! Damn shame they ain't got em over there yet. I'm partial to the chicken variety myself as well. Still haven't been able to finish one off yet tho. Too much food for this full grown lil boy.

And *cheesecake*?! Lord god almighty! If you think I'm talking about food well then ... um ... you'd be right! Um yeah! Some of the tastiest food you'll ever taste my friends. All I can say is if you've never tried it, you simply cannot understand. And that's pure homegrown Grade A 100% American stuff my boys! Um, hmmm ... I'm not so sure exactly what I'm talkin' about here anymore???

Yeah baby!
Old 1st April 2001, 09:14   #35
Jayn
Honorary Vixen
(Forum Queen)

*thinkin' Duk has slipped from one kind of cheesecake to another*

Amp! Cheesecake!! Cherry cheesecake....it's lip*smack*in' good!! Good enough to make ya' toss out the wodka (wrong accent - russian? ) just to get some cheesecake...mmmmm...mmmmm...mmmmm! Too bad there's no late-nite cherry cheesecake drive-ups around here.

Old 1st April 2001, 13:27   #36
ampburner
Forum King

AAARGH! - Ok, ok I get the point..cheesecake is yummy, it's lipsmackin' good, etc, etc...but....what IS it? ?? I need to know !

Old 1st April 2001, 13:31   #37
Mr_Tough_Guy
Major Dude

Okay I'm not 100% sure about this but I always thought it was what we dutch call "kwarktaart".
Old 1st April 2001, 13:40   #38
ampburner
Forum King

?

Kwarktaart...are you serious? But why do they call it cheesecake then? it doesn't have anything to do with cake...let alone cheese!
Old 1st April 2001, 14:11   #39
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Todays lesson is...

Cheesecake is the perfect dessert for any time of year; it is smooth, satisfying and stylish. Cheesecakes can be served plain, with fruit or with a sauce poured over them. There are an endless variety of ways to flavor the batter, but the most traditional cheesecake is the New York-style Cheesecake. The method for making flavored cheesecake batter is generally the same as the method for New York-style Cheesecake; we chose to illustrate this method with Chantal's New York Cheesecake.

1) We used 4 (8 ounce) packages of cream cheese (room temperature), 1 1/2 cups white sugar, 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, 3/4 cups of milk, 4 eggs, 1 cup sour cream and 1 tablespoon vanilla extract. Do not purchase spreadable cream cheese, as spreadable cream cheese has been altered in ways that make the cheese too smooth and aerated for cheesecakes.

2) Place the cream cheese in an electric mixer and blend on a slow speed; cream the cheese until it is soft and contains no lumps. If no electric mixer is on hand, use a wooden spoon to cream the cheese.

3) Whisk the flour and sugar together to prevent flour lumps. If the recipe you are following calls for additional dry ingredients, stir them into the sugar and flour mixture as well (salt or cocoa powder, for example). Pour this mixture into the cream cheese and scrape the bowl to prevent lumps from forming

4) Pour the wet ingredients (including eggs) into the mixing bowl one at a time, scraping down the bowl after each addition. The mixer should be set at a low speed for the entirety of this process in an attempt to limit the amount of air incorporated into the mixture. If too much air is whipped into the mixture, the cheesecake will fall (sink in the center) when baked and the texture will be grainy.

5) The texture of the finished batter should be smooth and glossy. Carefully remove the electric mixer's bowl from the mixer; being careful that the batter on the paddle (that may contain lumps) does not get scraped into the smooth filling.

6) Pour the batter into a springform pan lined with a crumb crust; or if you would like to make mini cheesecakes, pour the batter into muffin tins lined with foil or paper liners. To add candies, chocolates, or fruit into the cheesecake, fold the goodies in with a spatula or wooden spoon before pouring the mixture into the prepared pan.

7 The cheesecake is ready to bake.

We are talking about food right? RIGHT?

Back to smacking those lips.....

Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2001, 14:22   #40
ampburner
Forum King

hehe LOL
but it still ain't no cheese!
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Classic Skins