X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rulaman
    • Aug 2009

Hello,

I have realized that a lot of Milkdrop visualizations don't work any longer, for example "Flexi - molten neon fire spirit".
    Any idea?

EDIT: my temporary fix: I copied the "vis_milk2.dll" from an old Winamp installation (previous release) into plugins folder, seems to work again with that.

Comment

• devoidflow
      • Dec 2010

Jump to File dialog is hidden by main window

Scenario:
      Winamp is running (minimized)
      I press the Global hotkey for Jump to File [Ctrl][Alt][J]
      Winamp pops up (the first thing I don't want it to do. A matter of taste)
      the Jump to File dialog opens (I don't click or change anything)
      I minimize the Main Window
      Both windows are minimized (as expected)
      I press the Global hotkey for Jump to File [Ctrl][Alt][J] again
      Nothing happens
      When I bring Winamp back to front by clicking it on the taskbar the Jump to File Dialog is hidden by the Main Window. Pressing [Ctrl][Alt][J] or [J] doesn't help.

So if the JTF Dialog is already open and I press [Ctrl][Alt][J] can you please set the focus on the JTF Dialog and send it to front?

Occurs at least with the (Big)Bento and Modern skin.
      Main window "Allways on Top" is off

thank you

Comment

• DJ Egg
        Spectral Techorator
        • Jun 2000

@devoidflow

Hmm, not sure if anything can be done about that,
        though maybe DrO can give a more accurate answer....

For now, checkmark "Toggle window if visible and hotkey is pressed again" in:
        Winamp -> Prefs -> Jump To File -> Display tab

You can then hit J twice to make the JTFE dialog appear again on top of Winamp.

Playlist | Twitter | Albums

Comment

• DrO
          • Sep 2003

nothing can really be done about the window going behind the main window from how i understand things with the minimise handling the OS applies to windows (is just how things work with the OS - was reported in a different case with the playlist editor and media library windows but same applies to what you're seeing).

with what DJ Egg has posted, that is the nearest which can be done for the time being (am unlikely to get around to working on the plug-in to have it re-focus the window if already open until after the new year). alas it looks like something i'm doing in the plug-in is hindering the normal behaviour of the base JTF window.

so i've made a note to look into this when time allows.

-daz
          WACUP Project <‖> "Winamp Ramblings" - Indie Winamp Dev Blog

Comment

• BugMaster
            • Jun 2006

All version starting from 5.5x to 5.601 included doesn't correctly support "Unsynchronization" flag in ID3v2 tags (separate topic). I qualify this as regression. And retagging is not solution for me so I am really waiting for fix of this bug. And the fact that this feature rarely used is bad excuse for not supporting standard. Example of such tag: bad_tag.mp3

Comment

• FreakZ1
              • Dec 2010

Originally Posted by Krake View Post
              I have a problem with Nullsoft Android Device Plug-in v1.3 [pmp_android.dll].

1. The dll is installed
              2. I plugin my Nexus One via USB
              3. I start Winamp
              4. Winamp open
              5. An error message is shown immediately "Winamp funktioniert nicht mehr" (German message)
              6. Winamp closes

When I remove pmp_android.dll from the plugin folder Winamp starts up normaly but of course it will not discover my phone vor synchronization.

Also see http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=320550

Winamp 5.601 (5.6.0.3091) - clean install (with NO 3rd-party plugins)
              Winamp Language Pack (if not using default English US): German
              Skin: all
              Windows 7, German locale
              Same Problem here, except Winamp crashes all the time on startup when pmp_android.dll is in the plugin folder.

1. Clean install of Winamp
              2. Right after starting Winamp: Windows Error Message "Winamp funktioniert nicht mehr."
              3. Delete pmp_android.dll from Plugin Folder
              4. Winamp starts without any problems
              5. Copying pmp_android.dll back to plugin Folder
              6. Same problem as under 3.

Here the Windows 7 error report: http://pastebin.com/cgaiJkkX

Winamp 5.601 (5.6.0.3091) - clean install (with NO 3rd-party plugins)
              German Language Pack
              Skin: All
              Windows 7 x64 German with all Updates
              System specs: http://www.sysprofile.de/id32513
              Video Card: GeForce GTX260 Driver Version: 258.96
              DirectX 11
              Plugin (and version) affected by/causing the bug: Nullsoft Android Device Plug-in v1.3 [pmp_android.dll]

Comment

• DareDevil85
                • Dec 2010

Originally Posted by rulaman View Post
                Hello,

I have realized that a lot of Milkdrop visualizations don't work any longer, for example "Flexi - molten neon fire spirit".
                Any idea?

EDIT: my temporary fix: I copied the "vis_milk2.dll" from an old Winamp installation (previous release) into plugins folder, seems to work again with that.
                Thnx for the tip, i have the same problem and will try this to.

Comment

• sicromoft
                  • Dec 2007

Originally Posted by DrO View Post
                  confirmed though i think it is more that it just never has been implemented for the ml_local and ml_bookmarks plug-ins (the other ml plug-ins semm to work ok with the app key). it also doesn't work on the main library tree either.

-daz
                  Thanks for the reply. I think you're right that it has never been implemented. Will you guys be able to implement it? Hopefully it's a fairly easy one to do, and it really helps make Winamp a lot more useful for those of us that can't use (or try to avoid using) the mouse. Thanks!

Comment

• Plague
                    f(caffeine){
                    return wasabi;
                    }
                    (Forum King)
                    • Jul 2001

JTFE regression

Jump To File Extra v1.2.3 (Build 1151) has a bug..

If you deselect "Highlight background of queued items in playlist", the [%N] will become invisible aswell.

I played around with the highlight Options and it seems [%N] will simply get the same color as the background when the backgroud is not highlighted.
                    Annoying, since I don't like having the queued items highlighted..

I tested this on a clean install of Winamp 5.601 with Bento.
                    Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, english version.

/Plague
                    Winique work-in-progress (download) | Stargate:Winamp - SG1 Edition | D-Reliction | wasabi.player skin (plague-edit)
                    Winamp3_Default skin (plague fixes) | Opal Redemption | X-Slant | wa2skin.wac

Comment

• DrO
                      • Sep 2003

thanks for the report - had thought that was working though the whole colouring stuff was re-done in the v1.2.x builds so i guess it slipped through with one of the other changes that had to be made to it.

I played around with the highlight Options and it seems [%N] will simply get the same color as the background when the backgroud is not highlighted. Annoying, since I don't like having the queued items highlighted.
                      well that is the reason for the option to disable it (obviously it helps if that option is working ).

-daz
                      WACUP Project <‖> "Winamp Ramblings" - Indie Winamp Dev Blog

Comment

• bsperan
                        • Dec 2010

OGX and in_vorbis.dll plugin

My issue with this Official Plugin package is with how Winamp interacts with the updated "in_vorbis.dll" plugin. Specifically, Winamp still refuses to acknowledge .OGX as a valid Vorbis audio format - even though this "in_vorbis.dll" plugin already has the capability to support .OGX.

Proof in point:

I can force Winamp to try to play .ogx files (such as by adjusting Folder Options > File Types in Windows). But even then it will not play the file.

However, with this Winamp 5.601 Official Plugin package, by simply renaming an .ogx format music track as .ogg it plays just fine. To me, this suggests a problem with file filtering by Winamp, not the capability of the "in_vorbis.dll" portion of this package.

PS: Why are users prevented from adding new formats in the Preferences > File Types > Associated File Types screen? I realize that file types are normally added by installing additional plugins. But I think if such an option was added to Preferences, a lot of users could solve some file type headaches on their own. (It can get tedious after a while to rename file extensions, esp. if one tends to forget that this is necessary.)

Comment

• Papercutter
                          • Dec 2010

Jump to File - Queue a CD track won't advance queue

Hey. I noticed that if I queue up a track from an audio CD (how quaint, I know) using the Q key in the playlist, my queue will advance to the cd track, but then repeat that track over and over and not advance in the queue.

I tried messing with the settings in the Jump to File Prefs pages, but couldn't seem to find anything relevant.

I'm running:

Windows Server 2008, with Desktop Experience and Aero themes turned on.

Let me know if you need more detail about my setup (like CD player info, drivers, etc.)

Comment

• bsperan
                            • Dec 2010

Adding file info to .ogg (vorbis) damages files

Today, I did discover a problem with the new "in_vorbis.dll" plugin. When an .ogg file (and I'm talking about an actual .ogg and not an .ogx that was renamed) is recorded using a variable bitrate format and winamp is used to play it, I have to remind myself not to change or add any file info.

Specifically, if I right click on an .ogg, select "view file info" and then edit the song title, artist, album, etc., as soon as I click [OK] the file size drops significantly. (Like from 2.8 Mb to 2.4 Mb.) That may not sound like a bad thing, but the average bitrate also drops and the changed .ogg file clearly has worse sound quality than before! I'm not sure how that's even possible, but I suspect the original was recorded at a higher bitrate than the "in_vorbis.dll" plugin supports.

This seems like a major bug because a media player should not damage music files just by adding file info. Maybe I'm just clueless, but I would think that adding file info should only require inserting extra data at the front, not recompiling the sound portion.

Comment

• MrSinatra
                              Forum King
                              • Dec 2004

Originally Posted by bsperan View Post
                              Today, I did discover a problem with the new "in_vorbis.dll" plugin. When an .ogg file (and I'm talking about an actual .ogg and not an .ogx that was renamed) is recorded using a variable bitrate format and winamp is used to play it, I have to remind myself not to change or add any file info.

Specifically, if I right click on an .ogg, select "view file info" and then edit the song title, artist, album, etc., as soon as I click [OK] the file size drops significantly. (Like from 2.8 Mb to 2.4 Mb.) That may not sound like a bad thing, but the average bitrate also drops and the changed .ogg file clearly has worse sound quality than before! I'm not sure how that's even possible, but I suspect the original was recorded at a higher bitrate than the "in_vorbis.dll" plugin supports.

This seems like a major bug because a media player should not damage music files just by adding file info. Maybe I'm just clueless, but I would think that adding file info should only require inserting extra data at the front, not recompiling the sound portion.
                              wow, thats very serious, can anyone confirm? this prob should have its own thread as well. (i don't have, or even know how to make, "real" ogg files)

i doubt this will help, but you might want to check out this thread:

there are a couple of posts towards the end from benski where he gives updated dlls. if you install these and test them on your files, it would be interesting to see if you could still reproduce.

i agree that damaging the audio is unacceptable, i'd like to know though that that is in fact whats happening. we need someone else to reproduce your case above.

this is similar to the bug i reported about how winamp will delete id3 frames it doesn't understand or support, like TCMP/Compilation. it actually "damages" those file's tags upon editing the tag.

but how the audio could be damaged, thats very disconcerting. is the tag and the audio header one and the same in ogg?
                              PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
                              --
                              BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
                              Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
                              Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing

Comment

• Geflapte_Appel
                                • Oct 2008

I have a bug report about Nullsoft MP4 Demuxer v2.3 [in_mp4.dll], or something that has to do with jumping within a track with the following format:
                                Audio:
                                MPEG-4 AAC LC
                                192 kbps
                                Video:
                                jpeg
                                2 kbps
                                300x300

To be more precise, it's about Radio 538 dance department podcasts (RSS feed).
                                These podcasts contain some jpg's that are shown on specific times.

Bug description: It's not possible to jump to specific times of the podcast. When moving the timeslider to some point in time it will jump back to the last change in JPG previous to the selected time.
                                Imaging I want to listen to the track starting at 45 minutes, when the last change in video was at 30 minutes, it's not possible with Winamp to get there without needing to wait 15 minutes. I didn't expect this bug to be still in Winamp, it is introduced, somewhere in 2010, maybe end 2009.

More media info about the type of file:
                                MediaInfo.txt

Comment

Working...
                                X