Phat
Major Dude

Anandamide - Android's Demise

For pixel shader 3...

http://www.eos4life.com/visuals/Anan...s%20Demise.zip
Phat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2008, 14:45   #2
neebster

Impressive shit. On a side note, feels very repetitive...
neebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2008, 17:06   #3
Phat
Major Dude

Yea, there's really only so much work we're willing to put into a milkdrop preset though. Considering PS3 only works on Nvidia, and presets that I've been making on my ATI card seem to look quite different on my Nvidia card, plus the fact that changing the aspect ratio of the monitor distorts milkdrop... Really there isn't much of a way to tell if what I'm seeing is what everyone else is. (Commonly even changing mesh size will wreak some presets) The fact that you can't import animations severely limits you also. I have some stuff that won't bore you coming up, promise

What's your framerate like on this? You can just press F5 while it's running to tell. The faster the framerate, the better it responds, this preset looks best at 60+. If it's going less then 30 it looks kinda stale and detached.

Last edited by Phat; 21st October 2008 at 17:31.
Old 21st October 2008, 17:47   #4
Phat
Major Dude

also, if you have an Nvidia card check out these presets http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=298249
Old 27th October 2008, 01:38   #5
neebster

yes you're right, this does look better at 60fps. But don't get me wrong though, i didn't mean to say you didn't put a lot of work into it. I was just commenting on how it "feels" repetitive. I think it's because the ball in the middle keeps getting big and small in a loop that makes the visual feel repetitive. I think if the ball's zooming in/out motion went with the beat, the whole visual would appear to have more variety. The bee back to basics one (which i really like btw) is relatively plain and static compared to this but the fact that the 'main animation' goes with the music makes you want to keep looking at it.

Anyways all the Anandamide visuals have been really impressive so far and i can't wait for what you guys will come up with next.
neebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Presets