Old 2nd March 2007, 03:03   #1
JohnnyGnote

Problem With Onine Offline scripts

Howdy People,

I've was running an online offline script, everything was fine and the online image was working great. My servers went offline just recently so I decided to check on the offline part of the script and this is what I get.

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to coloradofreeradio.kicks-ass.net:8003 in /home/www/coloradofreeradio.com/OnlineOffline/status.php on line 16
Along with another similar error.

I thought it may be the script so I changed scripts and the same thing happened.

I'm using DynDNS to keep my IP address updated for my servers so I don't have to go in and change everything every time I shut down my router.

My SCXML is running fine I have it in an iframe. Any ideas or thoughts about this would be appreciated,

Thanks

JohnnyGnote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2007, 03:34   #2
djSpinnerCee
Forum King

It's just a warning, sent because the server could not be found -- your script should continue and handle this possiblity, so you just want to have PHP not display warnings (destroying the script output):

/* keep warnings from our output */
error_reporting(E_ERROR);

Use this early in the script -- (line 1 would be a good place) -- this tells PHP to only interrupt the script output for FATAL errors (errors that halt script execution anyway).

Obviously, you should use this with all production code (those warnings expose the underlying host filesystem in a bad way) -- and comment it out while debugging.
djSpinnerCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2007, 06:45   #3
JohnnyGnote

Excellent, Thanks DJS, I'll look in to it tommorrow, and add the lines to the script. much appreciation.

JG

JohnnyGnote is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions