Old 26th July 2008, 09:22   #1
myelectroboi

album art edit

i know this might be a long reach...

the ONLY reason why I ever used mediamonkey was because it can fully edit and write the images to the tags.

is there a winamp plugin that allows you to write the images to the tags only AND allows you to fully edit the images (embeded images won't delete for me sometimes in 5.5)

thanks!
myelectroboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 23:35   #2
exponentpower

I am with you

Hello,

I am with you on that. I actually am in the process of moving all my music into a new folder on a new drive and switching to Media Monkey. Plus they have the standardizing playback volume feature.

I like WinAmp but have a lot of problems with Art. The moderators dont seem to responde to threads about it. Problem may be differnt, so not going into it, but if you find a solution for, post it here, so I can share in the research...want to go back to Winamp again.
exponentpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2008, 17:09   #3
MikeBertolino

I feel the same way. After I rip CD's, (in CDex), I then use Media Monkey to add album art and then play the MP3 file in Winamp. Media Monkey works ok but there's got to be a way for Winamp to embed the artwork into the MP3 file. This way I can skip the Media Monkey step. I don't care if the file size is a little bigger. I've got plenty of storage on my MP3 Player.
DJ Egg - Any plans on having this feature in a future release?
MikeBertolino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2008, 17:25   #4
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
Quote:
Originally posted by exponentpower
I like WinAmp but have a lot of problems with Art. The moderators dont seem to responde to threads about it. Problem may be differnt, so not going into it, but if you find a solution for, post it here, so I can share in the research...want to go back to Winamp again.
exponentpower...

Although you can not embed album art into the actual files with Winamp (yet), since you stated that your problem is different but you are not "going into it", I'll take a shot and assume that it may have something to do with the art that is being displayed for you. Based on that assumption, read my response here. It may/may not be helpful to you but it's still something that you should read.

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Nunzio390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2008, 20:33   #5
MikeBertolino

Hey Nunzio,

You said Winamp can't embed Album Art into the MP3 file, yet....care to elaborate?
Is it on the roadmap? Is there a tentative schedule?

Last edited by MikeBertolino; 2nd August 2008 at 22:25.
MikeBertolino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2008, 22:34   #6
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
No tentative schedule but it's on the Wishlist. Many times, Wishlist "wishes" are implemented, many times not.

And there have been LOTS of requests for this particular feature, so don't rule it out - not at all.
Nunzio390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2008, 02:36   #7
GullyF

album art edit

Uh, myelectroboi, what do you mean by "fully edit the images"?

I use Mp3Tag for embedding album art.

And for many other things, like fully editing the metadata in my music files. From the website:
Quote:
It can rename files based on the tag information, replace characters or words from tags and filenames, import/export tag information, create playlists and more. The program supports online freedb database lookups for selected files, allowing you to automatically gather proper tag information for select files or CDs.
GullyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support