Old 3rd December 2007, 08:40   #1
Robjk1207

Customizing Library

I am having alot of trouble with customizing my library... For one on some of the artists there are multiple albums showing in the album veiw part in library when i went through and changed the names of the albums and there should be only 2 but there is four or so and all of them have that same name under ALBUM even in the album section. Another Problem is On one i cant change the album art? I have pasted loaded and downloaded art and it will not change. I refreshed a million times. It is the art for a whole other album and i cant change it. One more problem is that for my fleetwood mack section there is two albums. I click on Fleetwood mac under artists and there are two albums one with fleetwood mac as the artist and one with stevie nicks as the artist. They are both under one artist in the artist panel but in the album panel they under two diff ones. I am picky about it so i need help PLEASE? thank you,,,
Robjk1207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2007, 23:29   #2
myelectroboi

I'm not sure what causes the duplicates for albums, but for me they have consolidated. Have you tried to batch edit all the songs in the album? I think it was either that which worked for me.

I also have this album art problem, and for some putting the file in a whole new folder with the same name will fix it. Other times, I cannot at all change the album art, and I don't know why.

For the double artist problem, it is most likely because in the file info it says different things for the album artist and the regular artist.
myelectroboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2007, 00:39   #3
Robjk1207

I got a tag editor called audio shell and the info under that is how it Should be but i may try making folders for wach artist and putting there songs in it and see...? thanks
Old 4th December 2007, 00:44   #4
Robjk1207

If i could make it so that all my music files were not win amp media files then it may help so how do i do that?
Old 4th December 2007, 01:32   #5
Robjk1207

I need to know how to delete the players files that store the information i put into the library so that i can start all over fresh. I changed it so that when i import media it doesnt read any of the files information. So if i can get rid of what i put in for my files before i can start fresh. How do i clear it? Do you know what i mean?
Old 4th December 2007, 01:50   #6
J_Darnley
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to J_Darnley
With what you have written in your first post, I do not understand what your problem is. I do understand that part about stevie nicks showing up under fleetwood mack albums. I would suggest that you check that you aren't getting the artist and album artist fields mixed up, Winamp doesn't treat them the same.

If you want to get Windows Explorer to show something other than "Winamp Media File" in its type field then you will have to un-associate that extension from Winamp or use one of these workarounds. I will also suggest that you enable file extension in Windows Explorer which may help you. Tools -> Folder Options -> View tab -> Uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types".

If you want to clear your library then you can remove main.dat from Winamp\Plugins\ml or %appdata%\Winamp\Plugins\ml if using multi-user settings (default in 5.5). You can also nuke the database in Prefs -> Media Library -> Local Media -> Options tab -> Clear Media Library button.

Winamp ATF ReferenceMy cPro timer widgetMy port of AVS
Do NOT email me with general tech support questions.
J_Darnley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2007, 03:24   #7
Robjk1207

I fixed the rest there is just a couple of albums that i cant change the art for it stays the same and the picture it uses is not even in my folder where all of the rest of the album art is?
Old 5th December 2007, 11:34   #8
J_Darnley
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to J_Darnley
Do these files have embedded art? Are there hidden files in the folder? WMP creates hidden folder.jpg files but you should be able to override these with an image that Winamp will load first (%album% or cover).

Winamp ATF ReferenceMy cPro timer widgetMy port of AVS
Do NOT email me with general tech support questions.
J_Darnley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 10:17   #9
dd_wizard

Robjk1207, just click on library instead of audio and select all the tracks. Then hit delete and they're gone.

Robjk1207, the behavior you described in your first post should be considered a bug, or at least a non-standard usage of the tag that supports the "Album Artist" field used in Winamp and Windows Explorer.

Three of the frames (tags) defined in the id3v2.4.0 standard located at www.id3.org/id3v2.4.0-frame that Winamp uses are:

4.2.1 TALB Album/Movie/Show title
4.2.2 TPE1 Lead performer(s)/Soloist(s)
4.2.2 TPE2 Band/orchestra/accompaniment

Album = TALB, Artist = TPE1, and "Album Artist" = TPE2 in Winamp. In the tag editor Mp3tag, ALBUM = TALB, ARTIST = TPE1, and BAND = TPE2. If you think about what information TPE1 and TPE2 are intended to hold, grouping albums by Album AND "Album Artist" makes no sense.

Let's say Eric Clapton releases a compilation CD with three songs from his "Derek and the Dominoes" days, two from his "The Yardbirds" days, and four from his "Cream" days. I'd populate TALB with the album title, "Eric Clapton is OLD", for all nine tracks. TPE1 would be "Eric Clapton" for all nine tracks, and TPE2 would be "Derek and the Dominoes" for three tracks, "The Yardbirds" for two tracks, and "Cream" for four tracks. The same strategy works for an album containing tracks of Pavarotti singing with three different orchestras.

The current behavior of Winamp would generate THREE albums in the library, which is not what I intended. Some may say that two "Album Artists" might use the same album title. That should be handled by using different values in TALB (Album), not by subverting TPE2 ("Album Artist" or BAND). For example:

TALB = "Unoriginal Album Title - Unoriginal Band One" for the tracks from the first album and
TALB = "Unoriginal Album Title - Unoriginal Band Two" for the tracks from the second album.

This solves the duplicate album title problem without compromising the standard usage of TPE2, or "Album Artist" as Winamp calls it.

What would be really great, would be the ability to temporarily group by Artist or "Album Artist" in the library. But that is a new feature. In the short term, it would be great if there was a check box that disabled using "Album Artist" as part of the group by function that generates albums in the library.

Please consider doing this, or if there is an entry in either Winamp.ini or studio.xnf that controls album grouping when adding media to the library, please post it.

Thanks,
dd_wizard

Last edited by dd_wizard; 10th December 2007 at 11:01.
dd_wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 20:53   #10
dd_wizard

Too bad I can't edit my previous post any more, but it looks like a bug. And now that I've played with the ML some more, I see you can group by Artist and "Album Artist". I'll post the bug in the bug forum. In the Eric Clapton example in my previous post, you see the following behavior:

Toggle Album Art off, and you see just one album.
Toggle Album Art on, and you see three albums.

So turn off Album Art for now.

dd_wizard
dd_wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 21:37   #11
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
Quote:
Originally posted by dd_wizard
you see the following behavior:

Toggle Album Art off, and you see just one album.
Toggle Album Art on, and you see three albums.
Well, using Winamp 5.51 beta, I see the following behavior:

Toggle Album Art off, and I see no album art.
Toggle Album Art on, and I see all album art.

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Nunzio390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2007, 07:23   #12
iceman_gc

Hi Guys, long time user of WinAmp, first time posting.

I need to move my Media Library to an external hard drive.

Its currently in c:\%appdata%\Winamp\Plugins\ml\ etc. I've backed-up and restored a few times in the past but now my c: drive has hit the limit.

I can copy all the media to the new 400gig and re-add to library but I lose my play counts and ratings and I can't bear it.

I tried with a hex editor to convert all references to c:\ to g:\ but it didn't work

I tried copying like an ipod but it doesn't retain the ratings and playcounts any more (use to years ago)

Can anyone help ?

Gary
iceman_gc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support