Old 22nd February 2009, 17:37   #1
MrTea

Question Can't get gapless to work on some albums

Hi

This plugin seems great but my 2nd Gen Nano won't play some albums gapless for some reason.

I have tried using the add gapless info function but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

I guess it is a problem with old encoders as one of the albums in question was encoded with LAME 3.93, however if I transfer the same album via iTunes it plays gaplessly on the Nano.

Is there any way to enable this? Please let me know if you need any more info.

I'm using version 3.08 of mlipod

Thanks
MrTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2009, 22:30   #2
fatcerberus1
Major Dude

Gapless support in ml_iPod, IIRC, requires the gapless info to already be present in the mp3. LAME can do this, but I'm not sure which version the feature was introduced in. I think Winamp might have a gapless scanner too, but I'm not positive about that...

The reason it worked in iTunes is because iTunes does it itself: It scans the mp3s to create the gapless data, and then uses that info.

Windows 7 Beta
iPod touch (Second Generation), 8GB
Winamp 5.55 with ml_iPod 3.08
fatcerberus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2009, 19:13   #3
MrTea

Thanks the encoder delay info is missing in the header for this particular album encoded with LAME 3.93.

A different album ripped using LAME 3.90 has this info so gapless was supported back then.

I guess whoever ripped it turned off the gapless info when it was ripped with LAME 3.93 for some reason...

I wonder if there's any chance this missing encoder delay info could be added by ml_ipod when the album is uploaded to the ipod like itunes does
MrTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp iPod Plugin Discussion