Old 2nd June 2009, 19:28   #1
geiss
Nullsoft Visualization Developer

Natal

Hey all, Mr. Geiss here, dropping in to let you know that I can finally talk about the secret project I've been working on for the past year! I'm sorry to say that it's not MilkDrop 3, but, I hope you'll find it cool enough to forgive me...

Please check out my what's new page for details!

Hope you like!

Peace!
Ryan
geiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2009, 19:29   #2
geiss

p.s. I know this is the wrong forum, but I wanted to address the preset authors in particular, so I hope you'll forgive me!
Old 4th June 2009, 22:29   #3
Nitorami
Major Dude

Yeah, have read about this project in a newsmagazine a few days ago. Sounds exciting indeed, and I fully understand your enthusiasm, although I must say I would have appreciated a follow-up of milkdrop.
I quite envy you for having got this opportunity - makes me painfully feel the boredom of my own plain industry job.
Nitorami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2009, 00:30   #4
Flexi
wellspring of milk
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Flexi
They made me do it
Flexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2009, 11:16   #5
ryan
not fucked, not quite.
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to ryan
When did you start working for MS?

I made a thread about this in the game forum a few days ago when I saw the trailer on xbox live.

Be nice to see some full body FPS games. Teabagging in halo would be so much more satisfying
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2009, 16:35   #6
RLP

Yeah I checked it out too, Ryan. Looks cool enough. God I would imagine me and my friend in the same room with that thing and be slapping each other back and fourth.

HELLO BOYS!!! I'M BAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!
RLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2009, 22:48   #7
ShadowHarlequin

Congratulations!

I must admit i saw the 'advert' video and thought it looked a little dubious and was even more doubtful when i found out it was MS developing something that seems to push them even more in the direction of Nintendo with the Wii (which i personally think is terrible despite the 'potential')

Im glad to hear someone such as yourself is working on it though! Makes me alot more hopeful that it will turn out to be something special

I do have a couple of questions, i take it you dont have to wear anything for it to track you, but if this is the case how does it work in a normal white living room with bright lighting if you wear a white shirt? I thought that would confuse it a little

You should slip a milkdrop app into there with motion control, that would be sweet

"human is the music, natural is the static..." - john updike
[Set Zero] [themilkFACTORY]
ShadowHarlequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2009, 17:47   #8
Flexi
wellspring of milk
Major Dude

let's play "Funny Games"
Old 7th June 2009, 22:21   #9
Flexi
wellspring of milk
Major Dude

get in the game
Old 8th June 2009, 01:30   #10
geiss

ShadowHarlequin: if you dig around the news articles a bit, you can figure out what the underlying technology is, and you'll see that white clothes vs. white background is not an issue at all.

A lot of people are skeptical - I know I would be. But the best part of this project is the look on the skeptic's face, after they stand in front of it for the first time... they just can't believe it...

Also, btw, in my spare time (if it exists), I'm definitely planning to do some kind of body-interactive music visualizer, or body-driven music synthesis program. I'm a bit wary of attempting a visualizer, because you just can't beat MilkDrop, with so many brilliant people contributing for so long now... we'll see... but I'm pretty confident that in the music synthesis space, with this kind of control, there are some cool experiences to create!

Alright, I'm going to shut up now before I get myself into trouble... :P
Old 8th June 2009, 09:21   #11
Flexi
wellspring of milk
Major Dude

I haz a bucket

Definitely nice to hear something from you after that long time. and the stuff you're doing is great!
It's just that it feeded my paranoia a little bit: My dad is working on a quite similar project but with normal video input. (It's about markerless motion capturing for running analysis)

it's like a planetary alignment from the 2D-Boy project to the Go-3D stuff that is going on in my region. In between there's this Free Willy/Finding Nemo/Speaking Whale/Fnord stuff that i have put myself into. well, it's a complete headcase - but i'm a little scared

I love my Wii. i have no TV, so i'm playing with a projector on a wall of about 3 meter in diagonal
A natal-driven visualizer that is as easily customizable as Milkdrop would be a purchase rationale!

check out the work of the guys of the graffiti research lab:
http://blog.makezine.com/archive/200...urban_pro.html
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Presets