Old 23rd November 2012, 15:20   #1
BestNoob

There are Some Bugs

Hello,
im from germany and i decided to use this awsome player cause the WMP12 is biggest shitt i ever seen and Microsoft doesnt fix bugs (typical Microsoft).

But .......
Winamp Player has also some bugs.

I use the German language Player Winamp 5.63 version. And the first bugs i see

When i rightklick on a Cover/Album some options doesnt work.
the last 3 options 1. "Album Cover aktualisieren" 2. "Verzeichnis öffne"n 3." informationen zum Interpreten abrufen"
(in english 1. get Album Cover 2. open Directory 3. get Interpret informations)

1 & 2 take no effect option 3. open the directory but that has option 2 to do ...

And the Player doesnt load any Album Covers
And the media keys of my keyboard doesnt work ive the Logitech Media Keyboard 600

Forgive me my worse english greeds from germany

Hallo,
ich habe beschlossen den Winamp Player mal aus zu probieren, da der WMP12 Fehler hat die Microsoft einfach nicht beheben will was typisch für den Verein ist.

Doch auch der Winamp Palyer hatn paar Bugs die mir sofort aufgefallen sind da ich genau diese Funktionen nutzen wollte.

Wenn man rechtsklick auf ein Album/Cover macht funktionieren die letzten 3 Optionen nicht
"Album Cover aktualisieren" & Verzeichnis öffnen " haben keinen effekt. Wenn mann auf "informationen zum Interpreten abrufen" klickt öffnet sich statdessen das Verzeichnis.

An sich läd der Player keine Cover.
Meine Medientasten der Tastatur funktionieren auch nicht.
Ich habe ein Logitech Media Keyboard 600

Ahh und das anhängen von Dateien an den thread hier funktioniert auch nicht
datei ist .jpg und hat ne größe von 179 kb und trotzdem funktioniert es nicht.
Gruß
BestNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2012, 15:33   #2
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestNoob View Post
When i rightklick on a Cover/Album some options doesnt work.
the last 3 options 1. "Album Cover aktualisieren" 2. "Verzeichnis öffne"n 3." informationen zum Interpreten abrufen"
(in english 1. get Album Cover 2. open Directory 3. get Interpret informations)

1 & 2 take no effect option 3. open the directory but that has option 2 to do ...
is a known bug, will be fixed in the next release (no eta).

Quote:
And the Palyer doesnt load any Album Covers
not sure what you mean as there are different parts of Winamp which can show artwork - screenshot may help instead of trying to explain.

Quote:
And the media keys of my keyboard doesnt work ive the Logitech Media Keyboard 600
you may need to alter the options in the 'global hotkeys' plug-in in the preferences. not all keyboard drivers play nicely with the hotkey system in Windows (and Logitech are known to be troublesome).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2012, 15:35   #3
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi BestNoob,

The native support in Winamp for downloading album covers was removed. See thread linked below. 3rd party tools will now have to be used to download artwork. Winamp will still display artwork embedded in files or stored in separate image files in your song album folders.

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=351573

EDIT:
Sorry, I see that DrO was responding at the same time as me and clicked submit first.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2012, 15:38   #4
BestNoob

Ah okay thank you.

ähm ... i cannot upload screenshot there is a error i tried to upload an .jpg with 1280 x 739 px and a filesize of 173 KB
WHAAAT ? Why no longer cover downloads with Winamp ? 3rd party plugins arent united
BestNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2012, 19:03   #5
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
the forum unfortunately has silly size limits for uploads. use something like www.mediafire.com instead and link it.

also, their art source contract ran out, so get your art elsewhere. i use EAC to rip, and u might like it as its in german.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2012, 21:47   #6
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Mediafire is very good. I have my own music, my XML-File and my TXT-files on Mediafire (the download-links are in my journals, blogs and notices in deviantART, MySpace, Last.fm and Facebook). But I can recommend also Photobucket to upload screenshots. In this case I think, it's better to use Photobucket:
http://beta.photobucket.com/
I have uploaded my first photos on Photobucket today, although I am there so much longer, because I don't want to try it with an attachement here. The original-size of my own screenshots is 1920x1200 pixel. I wanted to tell the others, what I myself see...
After the uploading You can post the link(s) here...
Greetings from Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2012, 21:53   #7
DrO

Quote:
ähm ... i cannot upload screenshot there is a error i tried to upload an .jpg with 1280 x 739 px and a filesize of 173 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
the forum unfortunately has silly size limits for uploads.
what was attempted is well within the limits of what can be attached for images.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
bugs, cover, error, fehler