Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions

View Poll Results: Is Hunting Right or Wrong?
Right 12 46.15%
On the Fence 6 23.08%
Wrong 8 30.77%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11th June 2003, 11:45   #41
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Quote:
Originally posted by dlinkwit27
ever see a cat jsut leave the mouse there and not eat it? (i honestyl havn't, of couse, i don't watch cats, we'll haave to ask widdy on this one )
We are "practicing". Originally, we weren't fed by people.
Kittens raised by Cats that don't hunt, don't hunt!
Picture is of Aunt Emily...family doesn't discuss her much!

Widdykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2003, 13:19   #42
_Blackdog_
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to _Blackdog_
Quote:
blackdog, are you illerate? hunting and killing is ok as long as it is for food. I don't agree with people just going out an dkilling things so they can be hung on their wall.

/and really, the cows mcdonalds are bred to be eatin. They wouldn't last if we jsut sudenly release them out into the wild.
i dont know... what illerate mean?

maybe you mean illiterate? no, i'm not illiterate. but maybe you are since you assumed my post was in response to yours, even though I never mentioned your name
_Blackdog_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2003, 13:23   #43
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
bah, spelling is the devil! I assumed your post was iin respocne to mine since you didn't quote anyone else, and it came right after mine. oh well.
dlinkwit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2003, 14:11   #44
J_Bloggs
Major Dude

Quote:
...still tastes damn good [refering to McDonalds?]
If I was so close to dying of starvation that I had a choice between eating McDonaldas, my foot, or just dying, I'd choose my foot.

Anyway, hunting. It is derived from the basic instint of survival, from a core part of survival: sustainence.
Long ago, several steps back in our evolution, we survived on vegitation. Our life was survival: eat, sleep, procreate, but we didn't have the brain power for anything more, there wasn't the energy in the food, the brain takes up a lot of energy you know.
Anyway, somewhere in our evolution one of our more kinky, adventurous realatives decided to eat meat. Meat has a lot of healthy things in it, none the least being energy. The mere fact of eating meat allowed our brains to develop larger.

Now, sure sure, I've gone of topic just a wee bit, but think for a second. Hunting, eating meat, is an instinct brought down though generations of evolution. Quite a long time, in fact I'd guess almost as ingrained onto our minds as procreation.

Now to answer the question, do I think hunting is right or wrong? I think it's fact. Sure, in modern socity we can "go down the road to get our meat", but thats like saying milk comes from bottles. Fact is, you don't know where that meat comes from. Ether way, an animal dies so I can live. I think I'd respect something that has lived it's life freely and that I had caught with my own hands than something I merely purchased on the way home from my drab existence.
Wether you are for hunting or not, it is your choice. I urge you to respect the choices of others.

OK, all that serious hurt my brain, haven't done that in a while.

And yes, I have seen a cat just leave a mouse, and a lizard, and a bird, mainly because she was on a strict diet of a special type of dryed food and chicken. Sure, she didn't really know she was on a strict diet, but she did know she could get chicken whenever she wanted and that was better than mice.

I'm done

¯¯¯¯Joe Bloggs____
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
J_Bloggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2003, 14:57   #45
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

We leave mouse creatures because we don't know we are suppose to eat them. Hunting, although, somewhat more instinctual in cats, really is taught. If mommy don't hunt, kittens won't either. Well fed Widdys that have been taught to hunt, will hunt but not eat it. Usually we bring it home alive. What's a toy without batteries? But cats are not people! We are proffessional stalkers! Also please see above picture. It is not "altered"...unlike some of us!
Widdykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2003, 17:25   #46
gt55x

Quote:
Originally posted by prodangle
It's called killing one of our own, which is obviously not for the greater good.

What about when a shark kills a human, just for fun (well maybe for a little bite or leg/arm, but most of it'll go to waste). I'd say the shark was killing for sport. Is that wrong, or is it just nature?
They kill you and eat you....or one of youre body parts.....

Killing for sport is ok once you eat what u catch.

Fishing for example is a sport.........when u catch the fish you eat it.

gt55x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2003, 17:40   #47
Orgone_Man
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by _Blackdog_
the only people who can say hunting is wrong are vegetarians. if you say hunting is murder, and then you go to down to mcdonalds and get a burger you are a hypocrite! killing animals is okay as long as i don't see it get killed? and make no mistake about it, big food corps do NOT kill animals in a more humane manner than hunters. its actually quite the opposite.
Actually, McD's burgers are like 95% soy based now (correct me if i'm wrong) and they plan on becoming 100% meat free in the near future. No BS.
Orgone_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions