Old 9th April 2010, 07:31   #201
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=250371

^Those are the last two times I've ever been pretty noticeably drunk (posts 1 and 10 on that thread).

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2010, 22:05   #202
johngarson111

Send a message via AIM to johngarson111
If you want to get drunk quickly then pick up the cheapest vodka you can find like svedka.
johngarson111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2010, 15:05   #203
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

I try not to get drunk. Just not willing to deal with the morning after any more. I have nothing against others getting drunk so long as they're safe about it, but I'm trying to take things easy these days - too busy sipping something for taste.

Old 24th April 2010, 16:57   #204
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngarson111 View Post
If you want to get drunk quickly then pick up the cheapest vodka you can find like svedka.
Awwww !You're just a kitten, aren't you?
Widdykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2010, 21:53   #205
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to mike-db
So I went to school, and cut out early (because at my school I could do that, wasn't a regular school) anyways, I had gone down to the park where a few friends of mine were.

Turns out they had bought a bunch of Colt 45, Jack Dan's, and Wiser's black label, so because I had not had much to eat I figure a few shots and I'll head home...

A few shots led to us meeting up with other people with booze, then more came, and then even more.

Eventually the cops came, and here I am sloshed drunk no clue what in the hell is going on. I decide to just casually go for a walk around the park, I remember having cops ask me if I've seen some other kids with booze. I pointed in some random direction behind me and they went on their way. I eventually made it to the bus stop in time before my bus. Puking my guts out all over the place, another friend of mine went and bought me a shit load of orange juice.

As soon as I got on the bus, I stole the bus drivers garbage can and yelled "HA! I'm pukin's in this 'ere can!" the rest is a blur.

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
mike-db is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2010, 23:17   #206
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^ Oh, goody! You're gonna' get arrested if ya' fuck up that way. You got lucky. Try and drink in a safe place or get a ride home or sumpin'. We don't have the money to bail you out on a D&D!
Widdykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2010, 07:51   #207
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to mike-db
I have fun.

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
mike-db is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2015, 13:04   #208
Marius Titulescu
Banned

I'm a champagne fan. Guess that makes me quite a picky drinker.
Old 19th December 2015, 01:29   #209
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Been drinking Straub more than any other alcohol-containing drink, mostly because it's decent beer at a decent price, while using returnable bottles. You pay a refundable deposit at time of purchase which in turn reduces the price of your next case when your return the empty case/bottles.

I hear from my most frequently visited distributor that Straub is the only brewery they know of, that still processes returnable bottles. I also hear from that distributor that Straub will soon discontinue the returnable bottles. If that happens, Straub will no longer get purchases from me. I sincerely hope they continue the tradition of reusing bottles. It just makes sense on many levels.

It wouldn't surprise me if places in Europe still do this, but I really do believe that in the USA, Straub is the only remaining brewery that processes returnable bottles for beer.

If you feel the returnable bottle concept is important, give Straub a message.

Here's their web page for contact:
http://www.straubbeer.com/visit-us/contact-us.php

If the direct link doesn't work, it may be because they require you to verify your age before navigating the web site. It's easy to find where you can contact them though.

Old 20th December 2015, 23:35   #210
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

You could always take your empties to one of those places that pay cash for glass, metal etc., although I imagine it is much more efficient to return the bottles to their place of origin, so that they can be reused without being melted and reformed in different shapes or sizes.

We rarely drink at home, and we rarely go out, so we rarely drink full stop ("period"). That said, ShyShy's dad is visiting from the States, so we have bought a few fridge packs of apple and pear cider cans, along with a couple of bottles of whiskey – we're currently working on Maker's Mark (bourbon) and Carlton Club (Scotch).

"My heart hates uggos." –J.D.
iomegajaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2015, 00:58   #211
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Maker's is some fine stuff. They sent me ear warmers both for myself and for the bottle:

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hp...58209002_n.jpg

I got a reply from Straub:

Hi (name),

First off, thank you for your support! We are happy to hear you enjoy drinking Straub Beer from our returnable bottles. We are probably the last Brewery that offers returnable bottles. We will continue to produce returnables for as long as possible. There are several factors that determine how long we will continue distribution. I will share these factors with you. The bottles are not being returned causing a shortage in circulation. A minimum order of these bottles will cause warehousing/capacity issues. The cost, both labor and packaging is at such a value that it could not be passed on to the consumer. The equipment used to facilitate the production of returnable bottles is not readily available. This makes ordering parts expensive and adds more cost to the consumer. The bottle washer also uses an extreme amount of water and chemicals to rinse the glass which causes an impact on cost and environment. Returnable bottles are loved by many. Unfortunately there will be a time when they will no longer be available. The distribution is limited now and will most likely become more local as the shortage of bottles continues. It will be a disappointment for many but Straub will continue to make quality beer in our nonreturnable bottles. I hope this helps or at least informs you of the issue we face with returnable bottles.

Thank you,

(name)

This is in response to what I had written:

Good evening.

It brings me great sorrow to hear a rumor that I hope is not true. I was told by a beer distributor that I visit more often than others that Straub is considering or has already decided to end the sale of beer in reusable bottles.

My family has bought your beer almost exclusively, but only in the returnable/reusable bottle packaging. This has been going on for far longer than my entire life, and I was born nearly four decades ago. I’m sure my family’s tradition of enjoying Straub beer in returnable bottles goes back much further than I could ever measure. I live in a place where returnable-bottle Straub isn’t even available for sale locally, yet I still make sure to always buy enough/stock-up while near family members to ensure that I can always have Straub in the refrigerator when desired and when gathering with friends/family.

I’m not very outspoken when it comes to environmentalism or anything like that; but the practice of using returnable bottles just makes sense in more ways than would be necessary to type here. It’s just plain obvious that this practice is good practice on many levels. I have many family members, friends, and co-workers that buy Straub more often than any other beer for the simple fact that the distributor tells us that Straub is the only known brewery with returnable bottles. Why not advertise this fact and capitalize on it? I honestly believe many more would buy from you if they knew this. Most beer drinkers that I know do not know this.

Although you do brew good beer, so do seemingly countless other breweries. The motivation to buy from you as often as we do would nearly disappear if you ever stopped using returnable bottles. We are firm believers that for better or worse, money speaks louder than almost anything else in the world we live in. It speaks louder than our voices, our writing, our actions, and even our votes, despite the fact that we wish it weren’t quite so true. I must say with absolute certainty that without the returnable bottles motivating us to continue buying from Straub, we will likely buy from competitors instead.

I hope that the rumors we heard are not true. If this is the case, please reply and let me know so that I may put people’s minds at ease.

If the rumors are true, please reconsider your decision. If it is a cost issue, just make the deposit higher in price so that the beer remains affordable for those that are responsible enough to return the case and bottles. I understand that not everyone returns your bottles, but simply raising the refundable deposit while keeping the beer itself reasonably priced would eliminate any damage done. If there are other costs associated that do not stem from people failing to return, then it could still be understood that an increase in overall price would be necessary.

I sincerely hope that I may continue in my family’s tradition of drinking Straub from returnable bottles. It means a lot for those that mean a lot to me.

Please reply to this message, at least enough to honestly say that it has been received by someone with the decision making authority to consider these words.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

(name)

Old 23rd December 2015, 20:33   #212
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

Sad. All major brands here are using returnable bottles

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever
Warrior of the Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2016, 16:31   #213
gaekwad2
Foorum King

If enough people protest they might reconsider.

Makers Mark is a bit too sweet for my taste. In that price range I prefer Bulleit.
gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2016, 22:03   #214
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

Turns out the cheap-as-chips Carlton Club isn't half bad.

I haven't had any of the Maker's Mark, as it's more so the father-in-law's than mine.

"My heart hates uggos." –J.D.
iomegajaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2016, 13:38   #216
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Canadian?

Ok, their "feud" with Neil Young was blown out of proportion, but...
Old 17th January 2016, 17:47   #217
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

I put in Coleman Hawkins, a jazz great.

It told me Corona?

Excellent idea for a web site tool, but poorly implemented.

Alright, lets try again. Sonny Rollins, another jazz great. It says one bottle red wine. I suppose that's more fitting. Note that it didn't say 5 oz. or one glass or something like that. The whole bottle.

Miles Davis... One ounce heroin. Serve neat. Stir slowly, garnish with salt.

They even had Anal Cunt available.

I guess it's a decent site afterall.

Old 17th January 2016, 18:22   #218
webthing
Forum King

“THE AC/DC”

2 oz. Old Rip Van Winkle Bourbon
2 oz. Red Bull
12 oz. Lemon vodka
Combine in shaker and strain into cocktail glass. Serve.

12 oz. of vodka. Sounds about right for AC/DC. lol
webthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2016, 18:24   #219
webthing
Forum King

“THE BLACK SABBATH”

1 bottle Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey
1 bottle Tonic water
8 oz. Ice Cream

Combine in highball glass and serve. Garnish with olive. LOL
webthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2016, 19:20   #220
gaekwad2
Foorum King

“The Minor Threat”

8 oz. Woodford Reserve Bourbon
8 oz. Tomato juice
12 oz. Monster Energy Drink

so straight edge

“The Boyd Rice

1 bottle Pinot Noir

It's like they aren't even trying.
(Actually iirc most of them are just based on last.fm's genre tags.)
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions