Old 20th January 2009, 20:01   #1
trh222

winamp and itunes DRM

Hi,

was wondering since itunes is lifting DRM of their music files will it be legit now to be able to transcode previously bought itunes music?
If so will there be a transcoder that will do it?
I dont like itunes generally but have several albums i got from their due to gift cards I got or whatever, but would like to transcode those to mp3 so Winamp will be able to play them.
Thanks
trh222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 23:22   #2
Sawg
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to Sawg Send a message via AIM to Sawg Send a message via Yahoo to Sawg
new songs are DMR free, with the old ones it doesn't magically go away. You can "upgrade" the tracks with apple for 30-cents eeach.

| Brought to you by ^V ^C | The one... the original... no seriously!
Sawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2009, 00:16   #3
robdog2004
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to robdog2004 Send a message via Yahoo to robdog2004
the only way to get rid of the drm from the old files is either repurchase the songs like sawg says, purchase the drm stipping software (expensive), play and record the song at the same time(time consuming and very lossy), or (as i do) create a audio cd within itunes itself (depending on how many files are drm encoded) and then encoding the cd within winamp to mp3 format (or any format you prefer)

thanks rob
(c)rob 2013 (picture & SN)

(please note) As users we can't give others help unless we get full details of the problem that you are having
robdog2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2009, 04:57   #4
trh222

good idea robdog as far as making a CD and re-ripping to mp3. Still lossy, but I guess it all comes down to whos listening if you can tell a difference? beats giving money again to those itunes crooks to get your music DRM free!
trh222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion