Old 12th October 2011, 00:56   #1
Rexus

Error 480 cannot see your station/computer

Hello, everyone.

I searched around but I am not entirely certain anyone has had the same problem I have. Allow me to start off by sharing the log from my last Shoutcast session;

2011-10-09 12:37:22 I msg:[MAIN] Logger updating log file to use
2011-10-09 12:37:22 I msg:[MAIN] Loaded config from sc_serv_simple.conf
2011-10-09 12:37:22 I msg:[MAIN] Calculated CPU count is 4
2011-10-09 12:37:22 I msg:[MAIN] Starting 4 network threads
2011-10-09 12:37:22 I msg:[BAN] Banned 0 IP's (0)
2011-10-09 12:37:22 I msg:[MICROSERVER] Listening for connection on port 8000
2011-10-09 12:37:22 I msg:[MICROSERVER] Listening for connection on port 8001
2011-10-09 12:37:45 I msg:[SRC 127.0.0.1:50081 sid=1] SHOUTcast 1 source connection.
2011-10-09 12:37:45 E msg:[YP2] No authhash found for stream config #1. Aborting registering stream with YP.
2011-10-09 12:37:45 I msg:[ADMINCGI] Title update [Steve Jablonsky - Lost Signal]
2011-10-09 12:37:57 I msg:[YP2] Connecting to yp.shoutcast.com
2011-10-09 12:37:57 I msg:[ADMINCGI] Updating configuration file(s)
2011-10-09 12:37:57 I msg:[YP2] Connecting to yp.shoutcast.com
2011-10-09 12:38:00 E msg:[YP2] /yp/resp/updatefreq missing
2011-10-09 12:38:00 E msg:[YP2] Connection attempt failed. YP2 error code is 480 (Cannot see your station/computer (URL: http://xx.xxx.xx.xx:8000) from the Internet, disable Internet Sharing/NAT/firewall/ISP cache.)

I've been getting the 480 error every time I run the server. I can create the authash with no problem, the DSP Winamp plugin links to the server with no problem, and I can administrate the server from the localhost page, as well as access the admin page from my router's address, the 192.168.xx.xx address that all routers have.

But I cannot look into it from my machine's address (censored above for privacy reasons).

Furthermore it cannot see my station/computer as per Error 480 noted in the above log.

Here's the thing. It worked before, about two weeks ago.

The only thing that changed between this week and two weeks ago is that my house got a new router.

Now I know what you're going to say; check the ports. That was the first thing that was done when the new router was installed. We opened/forwarded all the ports just like with the old one; 8000 and 8001. We did the same for the minecraft server I still run on the same machine that I am running this shoutcast server.

Yet the Minecraft server still works despite the new router.

Shoutcast does not.

Has something been overlooked with regards to the installation of the router perhaps? Any help would be appreciated.
Rexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2011, 01:07   #2
thinktink
Forum King

Send a message via Skype™ to thinktink
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexus View Post
Hello, everyone

---->The only thing that changed between this week and two weeks ago is that my house got a new router.<----

That is your key. If since the time you've changed your router your SHOUTcast stopped working (regardless of whether or not any other server works) then that is your problem ipso-facto no if's, and's, or but's.

I would say to double check that you've forwarded the right port to the right private IP address and that the private IP address of the computer that the DNAS server is running hasn't changed since you've installed the new router. Verify with both the computer itself and the router that the IP address hasn't changed. If possible, post screenshots of ipconfig and your router port-forwarding and IP-assignment administration pages. The devil is probably in the detail.
thinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2011, 18:41   #3
leegreaves

I may have an answer for this problem....I came across it last night after having the SAME problem. It seems to me that everyone is either putting their internet IP or localhost in as the connection. Now this solution is for people who are behind a ROUTER. Enter your IP as your local network address, ie 192.168.x.xxx, in my case this would be 192.168.1.100

Now when your in SAM broadcaster, make sure in your mp3 encoder that you enter the Server IP as your network address (as above). The same applies to the Shoutcast Statistic Relay. Enter the IP as your network address (192.168.x.xxx) and the server port in both these should be the port you have configured in your config file. Restart sc_serv.exe, restart SAM broadcaster and (hopefully) hey presto ALL should be well and you should now be broadcasting and listed on the shoutcast yp!!!

Happy broadcasting!!
leegreaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2011, 18:42   #4
Rexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinktink View Post
That is your key. If since the time you've changed your router your SHOUTcast stopped working (regardless of whether or not any other server works) then that is your problem ipso-facto no if's, and's, or but's.

I would say to double check that you've forwarded the right port to the right private IP address and that the private IP address of the computer that the DNAS server is running hasn't changed since you've installed the new router. Verify with both the computer itself and the router that the IP address hasn't changed. If possible, post screenshots of ipconfig and your router port-forwarding and IP-assignment administration pages. The devil is probably in the detail.
I have a static IP address now, and as I have already said, the appropriate ports have been forwarded/opened. I have checked myself so there is no need to post screenshots. I cannot post screenshots anyway due to security reasons.

I can check my ipconfig, but I don't know what you're talking about with regard to the IP-assignment administration pages. Please provide me with a more detailed description of what I am looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leegreaves View Post
I may have an answer for this problem....I came across it last night after having the SAME problem. It seems to me that everyone is either putting their internet IP or localhost in as the connection. Now this solution is for people who are behind a ROUTER. Enter your IP as your local network address, ie 192.168.x.xxx, in my case this would be 192.168.1.100

Now when your in SAM broadcaster, make sure in your mp3 encoder that you enter the Server IP as your network address (as above). The same applies to the Shoutcast Statistic Relay. Enter the IP as your network address (192.168.x.xxx) and the server port in both these should be the port you have configured in your config file. Restart sc_serv.exe, restart SAM broadcaster and (hopefully) hey presto ALL should be well and you should now be broadcasting and listed on the shoutcast yp!!!

Happy broadcasting!!
Where will I be putting my IP address in the network address? You mean under the connections tab for the Shoutcast DSP plugin in Winamp?

And when you mean local network, do you mean the Default Gateway or the IPv4 Address?

What is a SAM broadcaster? I do not use this for the purposes of streaming. I have the DNAS server, Winamp, and the DSP Winamp Plugin and from what I have been told (and what I did before this problem started happening) that is all that was necessary.
Old 15th October 2011, 20:10   #5
bjc535

I am having this same issue. The difference is that I have not had a server prior to this issue. I have tried just about every ip configuration i could think of to get the YP to see my computer, and i have had no luck.....I even disabled my routers firewall completely just to see if that would help but i still got the 480 error, so I enabled it again.

SAM is another broadcasting software that you can use with shoutcast. I looked into it, it seems to be good if you want to pay an arm and a leg for it. I might do this in the future if i find what i am trying to do worth it.
bjc535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2011, 13:17   #6
Rexus

Can no one help me and bjc535?
Old 21st October 2011, 13:29   #7
DrO

bjc535 is broadcasting now after thinktink worked out the issue as per http://forums.winamp.com/showpost.ph...91&postcount=7 - maybe it's something similar again for you?

if you're still not able to access http://xx.xxx.xx.xx:8000 (as per the first post) despite forwarding port 8000 (and 8001 if accepting remote source connections) then the only thing which can really be is double-check and make sure that it is correctly done and that the IP of the machine hasn't changed on the network (can and does happen) which would then break the routing rule.

otherwise i take it you've only got one network adapter in the machine and not doing funky things like trying to run the DNAS on a secondary adapter (which is something that's in-progress (i.e. internal builds only) on being improved so setting destip should allow the v2 DNAS and YP to work correctly in that setup).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2011, 03:11   #8
Rexus

DrO, what is updatefreq and why would it be missing?

Also, what do you mean by 'the IP of the machine hasn't changed on the network'.

If I know what my machine's IP address is, do I have to tell the server what it is? I don't see any way to input my machine's IP address into the server configuration files.

I'm still getting that blasted error.
Old 22nd October 2011, 14:50   #9
bjc535

try using the config builder in your shoutcast folder. I found that the config builder was a great help. There is an input for your server IP

Once you open the config builder folder, click on the HTML file.

You will be directed to a page that allows you to put in information, while it builds the code for you. (if you do not know what some of the fields mean, mouse over the text box and it will give you a description on the right side of the screen)

Once you have done that click the download buttons on all the codes at the bottom of the page. It will automatically put the files in your shoutcast folder. Also download the launcher programs. (the download button might not work, if not then you need to allow it via the flash website)

some things to keep in mind:

1. The only config that matters is the one you are going to use. I had a problem thinking all the configs had to be set up, and that is not the case. (so only focus on the config builder config)

2. Your ports have to be forwarded if you are behind a router. My problem is that I was unaware that i was behind two routers. I didn't realize my most recent cable modem was also a router, and it was hooked up through my old router. I had forwarded the ports on my known router, but the cable modem router was blocking it.....my solution was to take out my old router, and forward the ports on the cable modem/router.
bjc535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2011, 15:03   #10
DrO

Quote:
DrO, what is updatefreq and why would it be missing?
that's just something from how the DNAS handles the xml response back from the YP (i've removed it from the next release and can be ignored).

Quote:
Also, what do you mean by 'the IP of the machine hasn't changed on the network'.
i mean that the machine you're using, the IP it is allocated by the router (as sounds like you're working with) has changed from what it was previously. that means if you set a rule to open port 8000 to 192.168.2.3 in the router, if the machine you're using isn't assigned 192.168.2.3 anymore then that rule won't work.

Quote:
If I know what my machine's IP address is, do I have to tell the server what it is? I don't see any way to input my machine's IP address into the server configuration files.
there should be no need to specifically tell the DNAS the IP (especially not one from the lan) - the only case would be the external IP as the YP or people not on the LAN would see via the destip option, but that is not recommended (or fully working in the DNAS build you're using).

Quote:
I'm still getting that blasted error.
that will happen if the YP cannot see you. from everything else, your setup appears to be ok, it's just the network setup (port forwarding) which doesn't seem to be correct and really only point #2 of bjc535's post needs to be observed.

-daz
Old 28th October 2011, 03:54   #11
Rexus

Solved the problem.

It was freakin' windows firewall blocking the connection. Despite granting the DNAS server executable exceptions to blockage, it was preventing external connections from linking into my computer.

Can anyone recommend better firewall software?
Old 28th October 2011, 10:41   #12
DrO

hmm, the Windows firewall should have shown a prompt on the first attempt to run the DNAS on how / what to allow through for it. as for a recommendation, the Windows one is actually ok (ignoring the issue you've experienced), but i'm not the best person for recommending things otherwise.

-daz
Old 14th March 2012, 16:45   #13
MrFoffof

Similar problem

Hey, I appear to be having this same problem. I have tried making sc_Serv and exception in Windows Firewall, and even turning off the firewall altogether. I've tried turning off my antivirus too. Only thing I can think of is the port-forwarding. My router only allows for port-triggering, is there a specific set-up for this?
MrFoffof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2012, 17:29   #14
DrO

you'd need to consult the documentation for the router you are using and see if there's a preset rule or details for setting it to allow a SHOUTcast server through.

-daz
Old 15th March 2012, 18:32   #15
MrFoffof

So I forwarded all the necessary ports after converting over to a static IP. Still can't connect to yp2 though.
Here's the log;

2012-03-15 18:29:14 I msg:[YP2] Connecting to yp.shoutcast.com
2012-03-15 18:29:18 E msg:[YP2] /yp/resp/updatefreq missing
2012-03-15 18:29:18 E msg:[YP2] Connection attempt failed. YP2 error code is 480 (Cannot see your station/computer (URL: http://86.22.132.128:8001/stream/1/) from the Internet, disable Internet Sharing/NAT/firewall/ISP cache.)
2012-03-15 18:30:14 I msg:[YP2] Connecting to yp.shoutcast.com
2012-03-15 18:30:17 E msg:[YP2] /yp/resp/updatefreq missing
2012-03-15 18:30:17 E msg:[YP2] Connection attempt failed. YP2 error code is 480 (Cannot see your station/computer (URL: http://86.22.132.128:8001/stream/1/) from the Internet, disable Internet Sharing/NAT/firewall/ISP cache.)
2012-03-15 18:30:32 I msg:[MAIN] Exiting loop

Any ideas anyone?
MrFoffof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2015, 05:30   #16
lengendcaster

2012-03-15 18:30:17 E msg:[YP2] Connection attempt failed. YP2 error code is 480 (Cannot see your station/computer (URL: http://86.22.132.128:8001/stream/1/) from the Internet, disable Internet Sharing/NAT/firewall/ISP cache.)
2012-03-15 18:30:32 I msg:[MAIN] Exiting loop

That is the essential part of the error message, I was getting the same error until i continued to read through the other threads.The issue is not you server its your internet connection. you have to turn your internet sharing to off , mine got turned on because i allowed my brother to set up folder sharing in the house and it was password protected check any setting or anything you may have done via antivirus,firewall or w/e
lengendcaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support