• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • helios399
    • Jan 2011

<audio> tag Safari v10 HTTP/0.9 failed

HI all,

A freelance developper have developped for us a tiny player with the <audio> tag

It's works with the most browser except on Safari v10 for Mac OS >= 10.12
    The Apple report security update => https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207157

We use 8000 to 8098 ports for our radios

I found this post about this issue in this forum

I use sc_serv v2.2 for 5 years and I'm wondering if a newer version can solve this problem. I'm not sure...
    Does a newer version of sc_serv use an other version of HTTP, not HTTP/0.9 ?

If you have an experience, or ideas to solve this problem, you're welcome

Thanks

P
  • neralex
    Major Dude
    • Mar 2011

I'm working with DNAS 2.5.5.733 (sc_serv2_linux_10_10_17) on a linux box and it works fine with the audio-tag in Safari on the latest High Sierra build. You can find it here.

BUT using the audio-tag as stand-alone solution is not really the best choice with SHOUTcast servers because you get other issues along this way. I'm using since some years an very well supported/coded jQuery player called 'NATIVE HTML5 RADIO PLAYER', which you can find here. Keep an eye on it.

Comment

• helios399
      • Jan 2011

Thanks
      Good news !

I work with sc_trans for many years and it seems that is not supported with newer version of Shoutcast server. All my radios system works with it.
      How do you encode your radio on a linux system ?
      I can imagine that I should find many posts in this forum talking about this subject.

I bought this player some weeks ago, but the developper told me that he can't customize the player with only one button Play/Stop...I don't known why !

P

Comment

• neralex
        Major Dude
        • Mar 2011

Originally Posted by helios399 View Post
        How do you encode your radio on a linux system ?
        With liquidsoap.

Comment

• helios399
          • Jan 2011

Sorry for my late reply
          THANKS
          P

Comment

Working...
          X