Old 21st March 2010, 05:28   #1
thinktink
Forum King

Send a message via Skype™ to thinktink
New beta DSP

http://stashbox.org/829990/LiveWire0_0BETAInstall.exe

BogProg LiveWire 0.0 BETA now available for testing. The target audience is SHOUTcast DSP users who wish to mix in a secondary audio signal into their station audio stream. A DSP stacker plugin is required to make it work with the SHOUTcast DSP but it does function all by itself.

The two main features of this DSP is it's ability to automatically mix in incoming audio; and to select a different audio source like a Virtual Audio Cable, another sound card, or a USB headset.

None of the buttons, knobs, or boxes are labeled yet so you'll have to figure out what it all does by just playing with it.

The buffering is rather large so expect to see a large amount of memory allocated. This is normal. Once it stabilizes though you should see little to no changes in the amount of memory being used (except during song transistions.)

Not recommended for systems with processors under 900MHz with less than 500Mb of ram (although it will still function... ...sorta.)

Feedback is welcomed.
thinktink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 15:08   #2
thinktink
Forum King

LiveWire Bug fix

Oops. Fixed a bug where at certain levels the plugin would cause an error window to pop and processing stopped. Also fixed a potential clipping issue. The above link no longer works. New link to updated BETA below:

http://stashbox.org/832618/LiveWire0_0BETAInstall.exe

I also forgot to mention in my previous post that everything about the plugin is BETA, including the name. I'm taking suggestions.
Old 27th March 2010, 18:16   #3
thinktink
Forum King

Fixed memory issues! All of them! WH00T!!!

The above links no longer work. New link to updated BETA below:
http://stashbox.org/837281/LiveWire0_1BETAInstall.exe

I think this will be the very last BETA version for this plugin. If there are no other comments or suggestions soon I will probably be submitting this for official review.

Please

Attached screenshot.

Last edited by thinktink; 18th September 2010 at 19:52.
Old 27th March 2010, 21:37   #4
DrO

if it's intended for ShoutCast usage then it may be an idea to post something in the ShoutCast discussion forum to get some feedback & usage results to see if it is fitting in with what people need/use as i wouldn't really expect much feedback from people browsing this forum.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2010, 22:58   #5
thinktink
Forum King

Thanks for the pointer.
Old 20th April 2010, 18:40   #6
otisore

does anyone know if this fixes the freezing (i.e. not responding) issue that many were experiencing with the previous DSP plug-in? i'm still trying to correct this on my machine. thanks.
otisore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2010, 20:21   #7
DrO

otisore: from looking at your posts i'd doubt it as it sounds like there's something wrong in the shoutcast dsp plug-in whereas this is completely different plug-in which doesn't handle the shoutcast broadcasting.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2010, 20:48   #8
otisore

ohhh, thank you for clarifying. i'm a noob and still not sure what specific differences are between different plug-ins. i was ignorantly assuming the 'DSP' meant it also handled the same shoutcast broadcasting. i will continue my search for answers. thanks again! :-)
otisore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2010, 14:16   #9
elmar3rd

This is amazing and seems to work with Windows 7.
No Stereo-Mix needed!

A Talkover-Button, which raises "Manual Mix-In" while pressed, would be very useful.

Thx.
elmar3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2010, 07:34   #10
thinktink
Forum King

Wow! I thought this thread died! lol

I have been thinking about putting P.T.T. functionality in LiveWire but with the large~ish buffering required it becomes an issue of timing which I haven't figured out in my head to do yet without turning it into a larger memory hog.
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development