Old 4th July 2014, 15:10   #1
wcradio

A source is already connected

If i try connecting to the server via winamp plugin to broadcast live, i get this error "ERROR [SRC XX.XXX.XX.XXX sid=1] Source rejected. A source is already connected" from the admin tailing log.
wcradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2014, 15:15   #2
DrO

the message is pretty clear. the source cannot connect to stream #1 as there's already a source connected on stream #1. other than checking that you're trying to connect to the correct stream and that what is connected currently on stream #1 is correct, i don't know what else to tell you as the DNAS is just reporting what it knows.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2014, 21:11   #3
wcradio

The only known source connected to it is the AutoDJ.

I get the error when i use the admin password. but when i connect with the DJ accounts, i get invalid DJ/password.

Just tried another software and its connecting very well to the server without no error just that i have to stop the autoDJ manually cos it connects in V1 mode only, The reason why i liked the WINAMP plugin is that it disconnects the autodj automatically.
wcradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2014, 22:56   #4
DrO

the adminpassword will not work for source connections. it might have done so for v1.x setups (and if it did, it's one more reason to stop using the v1.x DNAS), but its not allowed for with a v2.x DNAS unless you've set the passwords the same (which is also not recommended to do).

the most likely cause of "invalid DJ/password" if connecting to the DNAS is that you're:
a) using either an old version of the Source DSP
or
b) you're running an older version of the DNAS that doesn't support the DJ field being filled (i.e. anything prior to v2.2.x)
or
c) you're connecting with the correct details to the wrong thing (i.e. mixing up the DNAS and autodj)
or
d) like 'c' but you've instead used the wrong password for the stream # required to connect to

the Source DSP plug-in should not be causing other sources to disconnect if you're connecting to the DNAS directly.

if you've got an autodj already connected, then that is completely explaining the message you're getting.

so based on what i've probably not got right as to what your setup actually is, you either need to connect the DJ via the autodj (if it's one that has the means to do that) or you need to disconnect the autodj first and then connect the DJ to the DNAS. if that's a wrong assumption, you really need to properly describe the whole setup that you're working with.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support