Old 11th December 2002, 20:27   #1
golferboy32531

Finals week cometh :eek:

Well it's that time again. Time to chew your nails off and go insane whilst studying for impossible exams. Who shares in my pain? State thy rants (if any) and what classes you have fears about.

I fear English Comp II and Philosophy.

When driving a Classic Mopar, be sure to run over as many Geo/Chevrolet Metros as possible.
golferboy32531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2002, 20:43   #2
Some1
Forum King

Finals week is this week out here...though the one of the inherent beauties of going to college at Hawaii Pacific University is that I don't have to worry about finals...I have several times the innate level of intelligence possessed by some 95% of the student body, so they have to work their asses off to come up to my level, and I can just kick back with the knowledge that as long as I show up, I will do fine, because if a final is so hard that I fail it, it means that everybody else in the class is going to fail it as well, and the teacher will be forced to curve. The only final that annoys me is the one for history class...there's just so much material to know, and NONE of it is interesting or even has any practical usage whatsoever...history should be discontinued as a subject of study, or at least confined to grade school. As a college student, I do not need to be bother with it.
Some1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2002, 21:02   #3
hestermofet
Major Dude

SUCKERS! Finals was last week for me

Now it's a cool long month of night after night of movie rentals, going out on a regular basis again, and sleeping-in

For the freedom to express myself in my own way without fear of being censored or banned.
hestermofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2002, 21:07   #4
Some1
Forum King

rentals??? Doesn't Canada have broadband? DivX (and now XviD) was invented for a reason you know...
Old 11th December 2002, 21:10   #5
hestermofet
Major Dude

I don't have broadband. Besides, you don't get the extra features with Divx that you do with DVD, and the quality of 80% of the rips out there is shite. That is, if they are rips at all. A frighteningly large percentage of movies floating around on the Internet are poor quality VHS bootlegs.

For the freedom to express myself in my own way without fear of being censored or banned.
hestermofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2002, 21:48   #6
Some1
Forum King

Quote:
the quality of 80% of the rips out there is shite.
I don't know about that...I have a 1.4 gig rip of LotR whose quality is absolutely perfect, with the exception of the fact that every ~20 minutes, text will scroll across the bottom of the picture that says something like "This screener DVD is property of the MPAA. If you beleive that you have obtained a pirated copy of this DVD, please contact our anti-priacy number at 1-800-whatever." Also, most newer movies with file sizes of 600MB+ have perfectly enjoyable quality levels, and the 700 MB Xvid rip of Eight Legged Freaks that I downloaded a couple days ago had excellent quality. Perhaps you are getting your rips in the wrong place, or not sorting the list by filesize and then downloading the largest one...the only time I have problems with quality is when I knowingly download a cam bootleg of a movie that just came out, and in such a case the quality is low because the input source was a cam, not because of any problem with the encoding process...

Quote:
A frighteningly large percentage of movies floating around on the Internet are poor quality VHS bootlegs.
You must be looking in the wrong place then. I've never once downloaded a 700 MB file labeled "DVD Rip" and had it turn out to be a low quality VHS rip...perhaps you need to be a bit more discriminating about what you download?
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions