Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp for Android

Old 5th May 2011, 04:06   #1
Tsusai

Another solution to missing embeded album artwork (no plugins or separate programs)

Been looking around and seeing this issue. Piecing together some information, I came up with a crazy way to get it to work. Time to give something back

What you get:
Files are untouched going from hard drive to device (I checked w/ file hasher) from Winamp without renaming a folder on android device, or another PC tool. Winamp will treat your android device as a standard USB device.

What you loose:
WiFi sync. I believe I break it. You got to go USB.

What will you need?
A hex editor, I used HxD.

Steps:
1) Close out Winamp
2) Browse to C:\Program Files\Winamp\Plugins (or Program Files (x86))
3) Rename / Relocate pmp_android.dll. Renaming to pmp_android.bak works. This will disable this plugin. Moving it out of the Plugins folder works as well.
4) Backup / make a copy of pmp_usb.dll
5) Open HxD, and open pmp_usb.dll
6) Search -> Find. Put in "android", select text string, and check "unicode". You will get one result.
7) Change 1 letter and save. I like Undroid (see pic below)
8) Open Winamp. It should detect your phone's SD card as a USB device, not an android.

So what happened? We disabled the android plugin, and modified the USB plugin's auto-blacklist search parameter. It was looking for Android or ipod_control to blacklist, now its looking for Undroid. Its been a while since I've coded, else I would've written a patcher. If someone wants to, more power to them.

Enjoy

Tsusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2011, 07:04   #2
c00ller

Oh, the things we have to do to fix what Winamp cannot do correctly../.
c00ller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2011, 07:57   #3
waterpistol

@Tsusai - you're a legend! i followed your process, step by step and it bloody worked! another benefit of this is that my desktop end of winamp now reads the memory card in my SEX10MP really quickly; whereas before it took an age. again; my hat is off to you.
waterpistol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 06:59   #4
kiljaeden

Looks interesting. Will try this when I get home. Thanks Tsusai!

Any side effects to using this workaround? E.g. unable to sync playlist, playlist not found in phone, music not found, etc etc.
kiljaeden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 08:01   #5
waterpistol

not sure if my problems are related to the fix that tsusai detailed but i am having problems with playlists AND album art still. with playlists, it seems pretty random, playlists not showing on device, partially completed playlists... also... for example; i have an 80's playlist and when it goes on my android it doesn't appear HOWEVER i have a genre called Folk, which contains only the tracks supposedly on the 80's playlist. weird. also it seems as though albums which were on the device pre-fix, when deleted from device, then reloaded appear to still not show album art? slight annoyances!
waterpistol is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp for Android