Old 3rd August 2017, 22:17   #1
Jannes01

Stream title is not changing

Hi,

I am trying to change my streaming title.
I have probably did this wrong the first time, so i tried a second time
with a new authash, but now my station is showing in de yp on shoutcast only with the first try, and if i make any changes to the second, nothing happends.
Anyone knows what i'm doing wrong?
ps my station name is Reestdalteam, and im trying to change the title to Reestdalteam 24/7 the greatest hits or something like that.
Jannes01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2017, 11:09   #2
dopelabs
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to dopelabs
are you referring to the song title or the stream name?

in any case this should be handled by the source software you are using to stream or overriding the source by specifying in the config file.

if you are using the RMO site to create the station you might have spotted the notice by the station name field which basically states to choose it carefully, because you can not make changes to it. you may have to create a new station.
dopelabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2017, 14:51   #3
djSpinnerCee
Forum King

yeah, changing the station name is tough -- you can't just choose anything you want -- the RMO creates a listen url from the station name that will look plain wierd or not work if you get too creative (especialy with punctuation) with your station name.

not like the v1 days and pre v2.5, when you could put nearly anything and it would fly.

one thing you may realize is that your dsp (or other source) title settings will be ignored once your stream is public. if your stream is private (no authhash set), source settings rule.

tip/trick/hack/workaround: use a v2.4.xxx dnas with your same authhash and you can change stream title.
djSpinnerCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support