Old 1st December 2010, 02:11   #1
kustodian

Where is the changelog? Nothing is Fixed!

Can the devs provide a changelog for Winamp 0.9.2?

I didn't see that many bugs fixed tbh. Wifi sync works nicely now (for me at least), but you still cannot select the default directory for music files while using Wifi sync, which is a major bug from previous versions. I will test out some other bugs an make a details report.

Pretty disappointed with this release. I was expecting more
kustodian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2010, 03:47   #2
iron2000

I suppose the changelog (though it somehow felt a bit like a feature list instead of "recent changes") is in the text of the market page:

Recent changes:
*SHOUTcast Radio (2.2 & above)
*Improved Wi-Fi sync and iTunes library import
*Large & small widget players
*Artist Info
*Easy to use interface with persistent player controls
*Play queue
*Scrobbling
*Playlist shortcuts
*Lock-screen player
*Languages: English, German, French, Polish, Russian, & Portuguese (BR)

I was hoping for FLAC playback support.

Thanx
iron2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2010, 07:58   #3
kustodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron2000 View Post
I suppose the changelog (though it somehow felt a bit like a feature list instead of "recent changes") is in the text of the market page:

Recent changes:
*SHOUTcast Radio (2.2 & above)
*Improved Wi-Fi sync and iTunes library import
*Large & small widget players
*Artist Info
*Easy to use interface with persistent player controls
*Play queue
*Scrobbling
*Playlist shortcuts
*Lock-screen player
*Languages: English, German, French, Polish, Russian, & Portuguese (BR)

I was hoping for FLAC playback support.
That's not a real changelog, since almost all those were features from the previous version...
Old 1st December 2010, 10:16   #4
bemymonkey

Unfortunately, nothing is fixed is still completely right.

After leaving Winamp on in the background on my Android device for a few hours and restarting Winamp on the desktop a few times, my Android device finally showed up and was paired in the Devices section. I was even able to delete a few songs... however:

1. When I try to add music to the device, it uploads the first song, then gets stuck on "Connecting..."
2. There's still no option to specify where Winamp should put the music on the SD card for WiFi Sync. It'll probably end up all over the root directory again - just imagine uploading a soundtrack to the device, with a different artist for every track
3. USB Sync still lists all media files from the SD-card - even those from folders with a .nomedia file...
4. USB connected device shows that the files I deleted via WiFi Sync are still there... what a jip.

This is definitely not what we're used to from the Winamp dev team... sure, a few niggling bugs every now and then aren't the end of the world, but this is just pure broken functionality.

Weeeeeeeeeeee
bemymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2010, 14:35   #5
Jaguubig

these are great guys! thanks..
Jaguubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2010, 15:17   #6
cca

WiFi sync is indeed not usable, in my case it transfers about 5 or 6 files then hang on "connecting...".
cca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2010, 15:19   #7
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

The default sync dir (for USB & Wifi modes) HAS been changed to X:\Music on clean installs.

Whilst in usb mode, go to: Winamp -> Prefs (Ctrl+P) -> Portables -> Android Drive X -> Advanced tab
and make sure the File Name Format string starts with X:\Music\

If Winamp is listing your device as USB Drive X instead of Android Drive X
then this means there was an Android detection problem.

Create a new "Android" folder in the root of the SD card/drive

When in USB mode, Winamp will then detect the device as an Android instead of USB.

I haven't been able to reproduce the connecting/hang issue yet....
Though that's assuming you're using WInamp 5.6 build 3081, not 3080.

There's a bit of a WFA changelog in the Winamp 5.6 Released thread (end of 2nd post).
Though said changelog also includes changes made in ml_pmp, ml_devices & pmp_android.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2010, 16:01   #8
kustodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Egg View Post
The default sync dir (for USB & Wifi modes) HAS been changed to X:\Music on clean installs.

Whilst in usb mode, go to: Winamp -> Prefs (Ctrl+P) -> Portables -> Android Drive X -> Advanced tab

Create a new "Android" folder in the root of the SD card/drive

When in USB mode, Winamp will then detect the device as an Android instead of USB.

I haven't been able to reproduce the connecting/hang issue yet....
Though that's assuming you're using WInamp 5.6 build 3081, not 3080.

There's a bit of a WFA changelog in the Winamp 5.6 Released thread (end of 2nd post).
Though said changelog also includes changes made in ml_pmp, ml_devices & pmp_android.
Thanks for the info, but there are still many bugs that were not fixed. I will compile a list once I check them all.
Old 1st December 2010, 16:03   #9
KillerOfBeers

Thanks DJ Egg. Couple questions though. By "clean install", do you mean I should uninstall Winamp on both my desktop and Android phone before installing the latest versions? Also, will it automatically sync to the "Music" directory then, or do you still need to go into Prefs and specify it? And last, can you specify a music directory at any point, or will it always default to X:\Music?

Thanks!
Jim
KillerOfBeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2010, 16:27   #10
bemymonkey

Quote:

Am I to understand that the setting from USB mode is also used for Wifi? Why is there no setting in Preferences -> Portables -> Wifi device?

It's unfortunate that you seem to be unable to reproduce the wifi sync issues people are having, because they seem to be incredibly widespread...

Weeeeeeeeeeee
Old 1st December 2010, 16:34   #11
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

No, you don't need to do a clean install. Just that Winamp will still be reading whatever was set previously. For USB, you can just change the setting manually via Prefs.

Wifi sync is now hard-coded to \Music\ folder (was previously hard-coded to root dir).

[EDIT]

Re: replies below

No, it's not just a simple case of copying the code for the usb Advanced tab so you can manually change the sync folder for wifi in the settings.
You can only configure an absolute path if the device is mounted as a drive.
In Windows, it's not a drive when connected over wifi, it's just a wifi-connected device with an internal drive.
This is not to say that we can't implement said feature at a later date....
All in good time, things can only get better (and will).
Old 1st December 2010, 16:39   #12
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@bemymonkey

Are you using Winamp 5.6 build 3081?

There was a bug fixed since 3080

-Fixed: [pmp_wifi] Hang on connection closed (usually from uploading album art that's already present) (info)

Also, there's a new build of WinampForAndroid app just been uploaded to the Android Market
which fixes the reported 'Force Close' issues on Dell Streak & Samsung Galaxy tablets (and maybe other similar models).

Syncing & deleting files over wifi is working ok for us on all models tested (Desire, Droid, Nexus1, Evo, Wildfire, etc)
Old 1st December 2010, 16:44   #13
bemymonkey

Quote:
@bemymonkey

Are you using Winamp 5.6 build 3081?

There was a bug fixed since 3080

-Fixed: [pmp_wifi] Hang on connection closed (usually from uploading album art that's already present) (info)

Also, there's a new build of WinampForAndroid app just been uploaded to the Android Market
which fixes the reported issues on Dell Streak & Samsung Galaxy tablets.
Yep, 3801, and the newest Android app. No connectivity problems on the Android device, Windows firewall is completely disabled for testing purposes, and Winamp still won't find the phone more often than not. And when it does find the phone, deleting files over WiFi doesn't work, and neither does loading files onto the phone.

Is there an error log or something I could retrieve and upload? I doubt a Logcat of the (failed) sync process would help much, would it?

Weeeeeeeeeeee
Old 1st December 2010, 16:46   #14
kustodian

Quote:
No, you don't need to do a clean install. Just that Winamp will still be reading whatever was set previously. For USB, you can just change the setting manually via Prefs.

Wifi sync is now hard-coded to \Music\ folder (was previously hard-coded to root dir).
So basically this means we need to use the \Music folder if we want to sync over Wifi. Was it that hard to copy-paste the code from USB settings to wifi settings to be able to set the music folder?
Old 1st December 2010, 16:48   #15
bemymonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kustodian View Post
So basically this means we need to use the \Music folder if we want to sync over Wifi. Was it that hard to copy-paste the code from USB settings to wifi settings to be able to set the music folder?
Not only is not being able to set your own music folder annoying, it's also a major UI design philosophy no-no. Every other pane in the WiFi device preferences looks the same as in the USB device preferences - why not the folder-structure/supported filetypes page?

Weeeeeeeeeeee
Old 1st December 2010, 18:48   #16
cca

Well, using the latest build of both the Android app and the Windows program, WiFi sync is no go. The phone is found, but when I try to upload music, as previously stated it stops after a few song, stuck at "Connecting...". This is beta alright...
cca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2010, 19:01   #17
PaulRwebster

No fix for the Xperia X10 issue - it plays the first song and then force closes when the second song is played.
PaulRwebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2010, 20:27   #18
nmoline

Why doesn't shoutcast play the requested stream?
nmoline is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp for Android