Old 19th July 2003, 14:33   #1
stbendal

New feature - Ruler in playlist

One feature I miss in the Winamp playlist is a option at the Add menu that would put in a Horizontal ruler in the playlist, this would let me have a more organized playlist.

I've figured out one way to do this. I've made an mp3 file named ________________.mp3. This is very helpful. But I really would appreciate if there was added a feature like this in the Add menu.

Anyone else who miss this feature?
stbendal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2003, 21:41   #2
The_Drake

What version of Winamp had this capability? I don't ever remember seeing it.

Now that you mention it, though, that does sound like a good idea. I would also like to see this feature in Winamp. I think it would be a very helpful way of grouping files in a playlist.
The_Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2003, 12:40   #3
stbendal

There is no version that has this capability. I mean, it is a suggestion to a new feature of a new version of Winamp.

I hope it will come in Winamp 2.x or 3.x too. I personally don't like winamp 3.
Old 20th July 2003, 14:40   #4
-Maukka-

A kind of ruler is the thing I was asking for future Winamp versions.
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=141948

I just need something to indicate where are the limits of some directory I have loaded into the playlist.
But a .mp3 file that shows its self like ______ - _____ in playlist could also do the trick for me!

Thaks for that tip!
-Maukka- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2003, 14:54   #5
The_Drake

I guess I misunderstood. When you said the horizontal ruler is a feature you "miss", you made it sound like it was a feature that was put in and then later taken out. It's kind of hard to "miss" something that never existed in the first place.
The_Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2003, 16:03   #6
stbendal

Sorry, my fault...
Old 20th July 2003, 18:34   #7
UltraZelda64

That would be useful, something I've been wishin Winamp would have. Winamp3 has a feature where you add the entry "stopdammit" to the playlist, and it'll stop right there. Very useful. I'd like to see something like this in Winamp 2. Also, a timer to stop playing at a certain time would be useful. And options to either permanently delete files or send them to the Recycle Bin (which would be better anyway), and an option for Winamp to either warn or not warn before permanently deleting files would be good.
UltraZelda64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2003, 13:34   #8
discoleo

Playlist enhancement

Basically I had a similar wish. I posted it on http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=142178. (If you're using IE, that post will look strange as the dots are replaced by copyrights.)

I wanted a broader possibility to separate different albums (aka subdirs). I wished to create something like a header:

*<spaces><space>*
* Aritst - Album *
*<spaces><space>*

As multiple spaces are displayed as 1 space I used <spaces> to show this. Of course I wished this to be done via the playlist, but it doesn't work: every EXTINF not followed by a filename is ignored, and IF you supply a filename to the EXTINF that doesn't exist, when Winamp trys to play it, it will display the filename instead of the EXTINF text (and you cant always create a nice looking filename: e.g. you can't use * or / or ? ... in the filename).

I hope that when more people have such wishes, the Winamp team will implement such a feature.

Kind regards,

discoleo.
discoleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist