Old 21st October 2003, 09:46   #1
BongFish

Add more than one playlist at a time to ML

I like many others have a playlist file for every album on my computer so I can just load up the playlist if I want to hear the album in its entirety and in the correct order.

The Media Library in WA5 only allows you to add one playlist to the playlist section at a time which sucks, 200 playlists @ 5 click each = 1000 clicks!!

Would it be possible to add a feature where by you could add a whole directory of playlists in one go?

Apart from this I think WA5 rocks.
BongFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2003, 23:17   #2
Dipso

Yea, i posted about this to. Its prolly gonna happen, its quite obvious.

I played around with the new player and as i spotted the import playlist feature i thought to my self "hey finaly" imagine my agony when i tried to hold down shift, and found i had to do this like 30 times over.... sigh
Dipso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2003, 02:34   #3
dougieha

Yeah...I've been asking for this ever since WA2.9 came out.

Dougieha

My skins: Sony MPFX3-WA5 (Just for WA 5.x!!) and Sony MPFX3.
dougieha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2003, 17:41   #4
BKDotCom

Would my suggestion "B" work for you?

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=153605
BKDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2003, 19:23   #5
BongFish

Yep that sounds like a good idea.

I tries copying all my playlists to the ml direcotry where all the playlists are saved with names like sgg353 in the vain hope that the ML would see them
BongFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2003, 20:54   #6
Dipso

Even if that (B) option is implemented there is no reason for why the import playlist file function shouldn't accept the user selecting more then one file.
Old 23rd October 2003, 01:17   #7
dougieha

I agree with both of your points...(B) sounds like a good idea, and even so, mass-importing should be enabled.

Dougieha

My skins: Sony MPFX3-WA5 (Just for WA 5.x!!) and Sony MPFX3.
dougieha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2003, 01:55   #8
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Well, with the current method, you need to type in a display name for the new playlist first . . . so if that step can be eliminated, then I suppose it shouldn't be too hard to implement adding multiple playlists, where it automatically creates the display name based from the filename . . . but then you'd get people complaining that they want to specify the display name before adding the playlist, like it is now... so you've then got to right click and rename them all.
I suppose it's ok for people who've got all their playlist files named accordingly, but plenty haven't.

Maybe an "ask for playlist display name before adding playlists" option in the prefs?

Admittedly, BKDotCom's suggestion sounds good, but whether or not it can/will be implemented is a different matter.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2003, 02:29   #9
BKDotCom

hmm.. I guess "fancily" named playlists wasn't a concern of mine...
perhaps a new playlist file line/tag:
#EXTNAME: "my crazy play / list name"

winamp would save it with the filename "my crazy play  list name.m3u" (forbidden filename characters removed)

I'm pretty adament about being able to manage my "media player / winamp" playlists outside of winamp / media-library. and skipping the whole "import/export" step altogether (if playlists saved in designated automagic folder of course)
Old 23rd October 2003, 15:29   #10
Dipso

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
Well, with the current method, you need to type in a display name for the new playlist first . . . so if that step can be eliminated, then I suppose it shouldn't be too hard to implement adding multiple playlists, where it automatically creates the display name based from the filename . . . but then you'd get people complaining that they want to specify the display name before adding the playlist, like it is now... so you've then got to right click and rename them all.
I suppose it's ok for people who've got all their playlist files named accordingly, but plenty haven't.

Maybe an "ask for playlist display name before adding playlists" option in the prefs?

Admittedly, BKDotCom's suggestion sounds good, but whether or not it can/will be implemented is a different matter.
Actually it already names the playlist after the filename if you use the import function. it did for mine anyways.
Old 23rd October 2003, 17:27   #11
BKDotCom

Quote:
Dipso Said
Actually it already names the playlist after the filename if you use the import function. it did for mine anyways.
That's what it gets named in the left views pane.. but the new playlist file it creates in the ml plugin dir is something like "plf1D87.m3u"
Old 23rd October 2003, 23:04   #12
Dipso

ah yea hehe

problem is, as i posted in another thread is if you want a playlist with a symbol like ? or / in the title that woulnt be saved, but those spesific sighns could be replaced with some sort of code i guess. (&qmrk& or whatever)
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist