Old 29th August 2009, 16:19   #41
kingo'mountain
in need of banned aid

Quote:
Originally posted by rockouthippie
Servings per container: 10... LOL!
chip bags today are practically air seasoned with chips, bastards, capitalist pigs
kingo'mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2009, 17:35   #42
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
They're close to full upon filling, they settle. Plus they leave some extra unfilled bag area with air pushed out so that if you take them on a plane there's room for expansion without explosion.

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2009, 17:59   #43
QOAL
[STILL a retard!]

Oh the air in crisps(chips) packets is so they don't get broken into dust whilst being transported.

count!last.fmdastylishplanner
QOAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2009, 19:59   #44
kingo'mountain
in need of banned aid

that's what they want you to think
Old 29th August 2009, 20:50   #45
Rellik
Major Dude

ugh, I don't like Fritos, or that Flamin hot stuff. makes me sick.
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2009, 02:28   #46
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

@p$ycho: Dog food probably would be healthier
ShyShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2009, 09:38   #47
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by swingdjted
They're close to full upon filling, they settle.
Yeah, it usually says that on the bag, but it's a conspiracy like 40 pound bags of dog food that are 38.
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2009, 09:44   #48
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by ShyShy
@p$ycho: Dog food probably would be healthier
Does dog food taste better than spam?
Old 30th August 2009, 17:49   #49
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Quote:
Yeah, it usually says that on the bag, but it's a conspiracy like 40 pound bags of dog food that are 38.
Your post sparked my curiosity... I just so happen to have an unopened "50 lb." bag of Alpo (I like to mix it in with generic to save money while keeping some good stuff in). It weighs in at 46.5 pounds on both of our scales, with the bag included. Either the scales are consistently off by 3.5 lbs, or Alpo owes me some more food. Bastards.

Old 30th August 2009, 22:53   #50
rockouthippie
Banned

I wouldn't feed a pooch Alpo or generic. Alpo is nasty. Generic? You don't know what it is. I give Daisy the costco brand which seems to be good food. Pedigree isn't too bad on a budget.

Some dogs tolerate cheap food better than others and the telling is in how their coat looks. If they have dandruff that's usually a bad sign. You'll also notice they smell better. Sometimes you'll find they're allergic to one food or another. You can try another medium priced brand.

If I gave Daisy Alpo she would look like it was snowing.

I used to think that it didn't make any difference and that I should save a buck. Experience showed me that not having an itchy, farty dog was worth a little. But lets not get too carried away... like some people just are nutty and buy the $75 a bag stuff...

Last edited by rockouthippie; 30th August 2009 at 23:15.
Old 31st August 2009, 02:06   #51
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

So far, they eat it up like it came from elsewhere on the junk food thread, great coats, no dandruff visible, perhaps a bit too energetic at times though.

Old 1st September 2009, 03:55   #52
aFfLiCtEd
Major Dude

As long as they all smell like dogs ... it's all good!

Dam ... I just noticed this thread went from Best junkfood to Best dogfood.

Cooincidence?? I think not!
aFfLiCtEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 06:11   #53
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

Quote:
Does dog food taste better than spam?
"My dog eats his own poop. I don't think that dog food is designed to appeal to my tastebuds..."

^
ShyShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2010, 07:54   #54
veronica98
Banned

I used to love English muffin pizzas. My mother used to let us make them in the toaster oven for lunch. Sometimes makes me want to have them tonight for dinner.
veronica98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2010, 08:44   #55
rockouthippie
Banned

For junk food I like a 7-11 Red Hot Beef and Bean burrito with a lot of hot sauce and a quart of chocolate milk.

Don't ask me why. It needs the chocolate milk.

It's also a fair hangover cure for some reason.

I don't think English muffins really qualifies as junk food, but I eat a lot of those. They freeze good, so it's something I always have around. Eggs Benedict is good too. I've got this nuker egg poacher, which is pretty marginal if you really wanted a poached egg, but it's just dandy for eggs benedict. A little ham, some hollandaise sauce or velveeta on top. English muffin bottom. Yum.
Old 21st July 2010, 16:49   #56
triplezseoservi
Banned

My dog eats the Cuben food.
triplezseoservi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2010, 22:47   #57
fc*uk

I eat you.
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2010, 23:29   #58
kingo'mountain
in need of banned aid

anything italian for me, which is basically fat with touches of food
Old 22nd July 2010, 11:18   #59
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingo'mountain View Post
anything italian for me, which is basically fat with touches of food
I love and cook a lot of Italian food. But, Southern Italian cooking is a lot of Seafood.(See Food...eat it)
Chicken Cacciatore'
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/e...ipe/index.html
Not a bad recipe. I do my own. *Paddles...CLEAR*
Widdykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2010, 11:39   #60
kingo'mountain
in need of banned aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widdykats View Post
Southern Italian cooking is a lot of Seafood.
Old 24th July 2010, 13:19   #61
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^ Well, it's too rich for a youngster. You'd like my food KOM. For junk food, I love those candied beer nuts.
Old 24th July 2010, 13:31   #62
fc*uk

Nice recipe Widdy. I'll have to try that one out when I allow myself to eat real food again.
Old 24th July 2010, 14:51   #63
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^ You sick? Or...is it four thousand degrees where you are,also? *sweat*
Old 24th July 2010, 15:26   #64
fc*uk

it's about four thousand degrees here in michigan too, which does significantly reduce my cooking skills.

I'm not sick, but I am on a diet, which prevents me from eating good food like, well, what you posted. I went on vacation for about a week and indulged in a few too many things and ended up gaining about 20 pounds. I would say probably 5 to 7 of those pounds was due to high salt content in food/drinks and I've lost another 5 to 7 in the three weeks I have been dieting .... almost there ....

Ok fine, maybe it was not as much the food I ate as the number of margarita's and beers I drank.
Old 24th July 2010, 15:49   #65
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^ Well, more important, did you have a great time?

Weight you can always lose!
Old 24th July 2010, 16:18   #66
kingo'mountain
in need of banned aid

salty food make you dehydrated, or at least thirsty like hell, soft drinks and flavored sodas make you thirsty too cause of all the artificial sweeteners and sugar, i believe coca cola company used to actually put drugs (or legal addictive substances) in there to make you drink more, like... ever wonder why you keep eating certain junk food when you know it won't do your body good? mainly because fatty junk food just tastes better, anything fried, deep fried, greased, coated, saucy... will just taste better due to that fat... why? ... i don't know
Old 24th July 2010, 16:40   #67
rockouthippie
Banned

Coca Cola originally had a little cocaine in it.

Some people think processed foods are addictive because of the magic sugar/salt/fat combination. Just the right combination to make you want to eat too much. High fructose corn syrup also seems to be controversial because it's in nearly everything.

I think the tipping point..... I turned 48 yesterday and like most guys I've picked up a few extra pounds... is soda pop. At least that works for me. I almost completely quit drinking soda pop. That took 10 pounds off. I think diet soda is a bad idea, because you tasted sugar and your body wanted sugar. That will make you find some sugar.

I saw on TV once that our ancestors didn't have all of these health problems because their diet was simpler. I sort of consider a rule of thumb. "Would grandpa have ate this?"

Really, having de-programmed myself from wanting a diet of refined sugar, saturated fat and salt, I don't find junk food very appealing.

Iced tea or iced coffee is sweet with about half the sugar of a soda. It's pretty tasty without any sugar at all. Getting used to not consuming massive amounts of refined sugar and salt, I think I've sort of lost the taste for all the sugar and salt. I have noticed I like carbs like cereal and bread a lot more.
Old 24th July 2010, 17:45   #68
kingo'mountain
in need of banned aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockouthippie View Post
Coca Cola originally had a little cocaine in it.
that's how they got their "coca" in their name? coincidence? (like sloppy joe)

Quote:
Some people think processed foods are addictive because of the magic sugar/salt/fat combination. Just the right combination to make you want to eat too much. High fructose corn syrup also seems to be controversial because it's in nearly everything.
corn syrup (if i understand correctly) is there to act like "starch", like... to make cornflakes, chips, some candy... crunchy, isn't it the same stuff that covers those candy apples?

Quote:
I almost completely quit drinking soda pop. That took 10 pounds off. I think diet soda is a bad idea, because you tasted sugar and your body wanted sugar. That will make you find some sugar.
as a little kid i was forbidden from drinking anything "diet" because of this aspartame thing, i was told it's only for older diabetic people who can't drink the normal drinks, and this will harm me, later in life i learned it does nothing bad really.

when you withdraw from sugary drinks and food after regularly consuming them, you can have serious sugar drops in your blood, i've experienced one not so long ago, i didn't faint or lose balance or anything, just felt really really really lifeless and tired, almost to the point of losing consciousness, weird part is, when it happened, i thought i was faking and pretending to do that for attention, and because i was aware of it all, i tried snapping out of it, but couldn't, my mom caught me in time and gave me a soft drink to get some sugar back in there, i used to eat chocolates, candy and highly sugary food when i was depressed and i think i'm very close to being diabetic, now i don't eat the same amounts anymore, but i can't avoid it.

Quote:
I saw on TV once that our ancestors didn't have all of these health problems because their diet was simpler. I sort of consider a rule of thumb. "Would grandpa have ate this?"
depending how far are you talking about, and there's 2 timelines and each tells a different story, one is the big bang theory > primal beings > humans... and the other is the bible...

i don't remember what food existed in the bible except some tidbits due to bible event related jewish holidays, but i'm pretty sure all what our primal ancestors ate was meat, raw meat before they discovered fire and all that.

Quote:
Really, having de-programmed myself from wanting a diet of refined sugar, saturated fat and salt, I don't find junk food very appealing.
i think that's sort of denial, which is not bad if it keeps you away from the problem, i have a gambling addiction, yet i don't gamble live money anymore, i found alternatives to keep my urges at bay, and i don't have to pay a single cent
Old 24th July 2010, 18:54   #69
fc*uk

Widdy: yes we had a good time. The wife and I realized that it had been eight years before we went on a vacation that lasted a week together. Not good!

Kingo': yeah, salt does make you more thirsty. However, it throws off the electrolyte balance throughout your body. Long story short, this makes all of your cells start to retain water until you stop ingesting as much salt ... the electrolytic balance in your body is restored, and the water comes back out of your cells. Soda's also make you thirsty because many of your preservatives are salt based. There is a reason for that, which I won't get into...

As for junk food; yeah I really don't eat it. Maybe drink one can (12 ounce, 355 mL) of soda a day at the most. When I do drink soda, it's generally for the greater good of an alcoholic beverage. Have maybe two to three pieces of candy/chocolate a year, cake on my birthday that takes me three months to eat, I'm not fond of ice cream, cookies are too many calories for too little food for me to see them as worth while (kinda like yogurt too).

It's really the damn beer. When it's hot I want one, or 10, which makes it even worse ... it was quite hot where we were and it is quite hot at home as well right now ...
Old 25th July 2010, 06:41   #70
rockouthippie
Banned

Corn syrup like Karo is not the same as high fructose corn syrup.

Quote:
you can have serious sugar drops in your blood, i've experienced one not so long ago
Yeah, you need to replace the empty calories you were consuming with something. I like bread and butter if I'm a little low. Oatmeal is good too.

I probably consume about 3 pounds of sugar in a month and I actually know what I'm consuming. That's down, I'm guessing from somewhere around 10 or 12. Most of that was 3-6 sodas in a day.

Check out something sort of appalling. You might add 5 or 6 teaspoons of sugar to a 20 oz glass of iced tea to make it sweet. A pop contains 17! Orange juice contains 5.

I'm not sure you could get that much sugar to dissolve in a glass of water using a spoon.

With reduced sugar consumption, I'm a cheap date for getting wired on sugar. I noticed I don't tend to binge and eat a bag of Almond Joys to get over low blood sugar.

It's kinda weird. Just because I got tired of screwing with pop cans. Cutting my sugar consumption made me crave sugar less. I'm drinking an iced coffee right now with no sugar. It's hella good
Old 28th July 2010, 18:43   #71
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to mike-db
Bacon weave...

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
mike-db is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2010, 21:03   #72
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^ Paddles...Clear!!!!!
The Bacon Weave, folks
http://www.holytaco.com/if-i-die-bac...-it-be-because
Old 29th July 2010, 22:05   #73
PtStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzinno View Post
Popcorn with parmesan cheese.
Sounds nice but doesn't your stomachic hurt after this? Mine seems to be resistant against junk food. But wait, my stomachic has taken german food for almost 20 years... Maybe I should get in the USA to make my body more tough.
PtStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2010, 08:54   #74
gillcrist32
Banned

burger and Noodles
gillcrist32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2010, 19:56   #75
fixpod

did any one tried shwarma ? its a great food .
fixpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2010, 20:14   #76
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

I didn't wanna' "google" that. What's Shwarma? And does it know where I live?
Old 10th August 2010, 22:03   #77
ujay
Forum King

It's become the traditional coming home from the pub food. Known as doner kebab over here.

Shwarma is a little different and comes in more of a variety of flavours/meats. Doner is usually lamb(allegedly).

Probably as big a take away as fish and chips nowadays.

I like it if they take a bit of care over the dressing.

UJ
ujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2010, 10:13   #78
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

We have that, sorta', over here at Greek Joints.
Old 11th August 2010, 14:16   #79
ujay
Forum King

Comes under various names, all cooked on rotating vertical spits. The meat is built up on the spit in layers and grilled. The meat is cut off the sides in strips as it grills, and the layering and cross cutting makes the meat very tender.

Shwarma in Arabic
Doner in Turkish
Gyros in Greek

In the same way that many 'Indian' takaways are really Pakistani, many Doner places will be run by Greeks,

Think it's not so common in the US because it came to Britain with the Cypriot communities (Turkish from the North, Greek from the South).
Kebab shops started opening up and soon became an established feature on most high streets.

Earlier, there were already Shwarma Kebab places in some Arabic areas, but not many of them. Britain doesn't really have Arabic quarters, most came here originally with plenty of money looking to live the Western life. Edgware Road is probably the closest to it. They are much tastier though.

UJ
ujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2010, 16:22   #80
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Over here they look like

From http://www.theosmetrorestaurant.com/lunch_menu
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions