Old 25th July 2013, 21:18   #1
cahaba

No such file or directory error on startup

I apologize if this in the wrong place or format, but I'm stumped.

I have a Shoutcast 2 server up and running on a VPS just fine, but have run into trouble attempting to install a second Shoutcast 2 server on another similar VPS. I can't get the danged thing to start.

sc_serv reads the config file just fine, but then reports a missing file or directory:

2011) starting up...
2013-07-25 21:06:13 I msg:[MAIN] PID: 6607
2013-07-25 21:06:13 I msg:[MAIN] Loaded config from sc_serv_basic.conf
2013-07-25 21:06:13 I msg:[MAIN] Calculated CPU count is 1
2013-07-25 21:06:13 I msg:[MAIN] Starting 1 network threads
2013-07-25 21:06:13 E msg:No such file or directory
2013-07-25 21:06:13 I msg:[MAIN] Runner shutdown
2013-07-25 21:06:13 I msg:<***> Logger shutdown

I've researched this until I'm blue in the face, with no resolution.

This particular VPS is running CentOS 6.4 x64 and the Shoutcast DNAS is version 2.0.0.29

Could a kind soul give me any suggestions on where to go to further research this?

Thanks so much in advance!
cahaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2013, 21:21   #2
DrO

basically there's little you can do without a newer build of the DNAS (other than making sure you've not got destip=xxx set in the configuration file which may help).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2013, 21:14   #3
cahaba

Nothing I can do to resolve this? And there's no more recent DNAS than version 2.0.0.29, which I'm running?

I do find it curious that the error message on start-up simply says

msg:No such file or directory

... and I appear to have all the directories and files needed to make this puppy bark.

Anyone reading willing to have a look at this server for me?

Thanks anyway ...
Old 26th July 2013, 21:23   #4
DrO

it's a flaw in the DNAS so there's nothing else that can be done.

there is no newer build for public usage at the moment (and everytime i try to get a new build out other things come up so there's no eta on an update being available).

it hasn't got anything to do with directories, just it shows it as the error code due to the networking side of things and how such things are interchangeable on linux.

the only other thing i can remember is a host name not being properly set on the host (checkable via ulimit -a iirc). otherwise if that is set, then looking at the server is not going to have an help on the issue when it's the DNAS at fault.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2013, 15:09   #5
cahaba

Resolved!

Thanks to everyone for their helpful comments. Despite having configured and operated a Shoutcast DNAS previously, I encountered perplexing issues this time.

Lo and behold, the suggestion about a host name not being correctly configured for the server was my issue. I apparently had a glitch with the IP address.

So ... if you experience the dreaded 'no such file or directory' error when starting your Shoutcast server, look long and hard at your host name configuration.

And I should mention that host name configuration is something completely outside the scope of installing and running Shoutcast, but action you take with your server. The web abounds with good tutorials, but here's one for CentOS that might get you started: http://sharadchhetri.com/2012/12/23/...centos-redhat/

Good luck!
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support