Old 4th October 2013, 13:19   #1
Hexogen

Using MP3 Streams in FFDShow

Hey Guys!

I have the following problem: I use Winamp mainly to stream shoutcast radio streams, and most of those are MP3 streams. I already added MP3 to the in_dshow settings under "Input" and took it out of the in_mp3. I want to use FFDshow because the mixer and the LFE crossover allow my 5.1 soundsystem to flawlessly play stereo mp3 files over all boxes with good bass coverage of my subwoofer. Now this setting works perfectly fine with mp3 FILES, so when I actually play a file located on my harddrive, the ffdshow codes pops up and the mixer and LFE crossover work fine.
The problem is, it doesn't work at all for streams. Everytime I try to load an mp3 stream through shoutcast, the URL/IP is opened and then absolutely nothing happens, no sound is played, no buffering, nothing.

So, my question, for those who are more a man of extensive reading when it comes to advanced audio settings than me, is, what can I do to get MP3 streams to run over ffdshow, or atleast achieve the same effects like ffdshow does for me for those streams?

Greetings and thanks in advance,
Hexogen
Hexogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support