Old 26th March 2001, 10:48   #1
CaStR8oR

Send a message via ICQ to CaStR8oR
is there a plugin AND a sckematic to make my own winamp remote, if not, your a bunch of cyber gerbil smart heads, get on it, everyone with access to a tronics store would make one, especially me.
Old 26th March 2001, 15:30   #2
a-arse
Banned

So you come one here, Insult us because we haven't made remote control for winamp. Then you claim you could write one. WTF?
Old 26th March 2001, 15:38   #3
. - .... .- -. ....
Backpacking

Send a message via ICQ to . - .... .- -. .... Send a message via Yahoo to . - .... .- -. ....
ok, I'm going to spell this out VERY carefully for you, ok.

First, if you go to the tab that says PLUGIN, and click on it, it gives you the plugin page. If you then go to the SEARCH box, and type in "remote", lo and behold, it returns the following link to a plugin called Amparod:
http://www.winamp.com/plugins/detail...omponentFlag=P

Quote:
Ampapod lets you use a $25 univeral remote control to operate Winamp
Ok, what I gather from this line is that basically, if you go out and buy a $25 Universal Remote, this plugin will allow you to control Winamp with it. Therefore, problem 1 is solved.

If on the other hand, you are inclined to build your own, and are looking for the schematic, take note that http://www.winamp.com is a software site, and what you want to build is known as a piece of hardware. So basically you are looking in the wrong place.

Now I do know how to build a remote, but I'm fucked if I'm gonna send the schematic to an arrogant little shit like you. So look up the address of the nearest "tronics store", and make the thing yourself.

Like my photography? Buy some here....
Old 27th March 2001, 05:59   #4
CaStR8oR

ok first of all, i never requested software, second i have been using winamp from the early stages and you can get rid of the arogant shit comment. when did i claim i could make one ya fat head?

and last but not least, for the egosentric man with the know how, if i buy a universal remote, how the fuck is the computer going to recive the infa red or radio signal? there is no reciever, thats why i need a schematic, so does anyone have what im looking for? im sure this would be of use to a number of people.

this is not a software site, this is a winamp site, i want to make a winamp remote.
Old 27th March 2001, 06:28   #5
Majin_Tost

Send a message via ICQ to Majin_Tost
just go buy one $35-60 at any electronics superstore(like futureshop)it comes with a reciever
Old 27th March 2001, 10:45   #6
. - .... .- -. ....
Backpacking

Send a message via ICQ to . - .... .- -. .... Send a message via Yahoo to . - .... .- -. ....
Quote:
Originally posted by CaStR8oR
when did i claim i could make one ya fat head?
Here....

Quote:
everyone with access to a tronics store would make one, especially me

Old 27th March 2001, 12:57   #7
CaStR8oR

politically correct ethan hawk from gattaga:
i meant write one

Quote:
So you come one here, Insult us because we haven't made remote control for winamp. Then you claim you could write one. WTF?
and im an aussie and i dont have a infa red remote at dick smiths tronics with receiver, i need a schematic, also as for the winamp dancer and the winamp valentines thing, does anyone know how to get the pictures out of the .wad files and edit them then replace them? (its not just a renamed zip like all the quake pak files) i want a nakie dancer.
Old 27th March 2001, 13:37   #8
. - .... .- -. ....
Backpacking

I'm going to point out a few things here for you, so read carefully.

Politically correct means to conform to a belief that language and practices which could offend political sensibilities (as in matters of sex or race) should be eliminated.

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary

The situation here was that you wrote one thing, denied it when it was pointed out that you were wrong, and then said that you wrote it but meant to write something else. And I'm in the wrong because I didn't realise that. Thats not politically correct - thats called reading minds, something I haven't managed to do yet.

Secondly, it's Gattaca, not Gattaga, and sorry to disappoint you but my user name doesn't come from Ethan Hawke.

And the main point is that you came in here, bitched that you couldn't find a plugin or schematic to suit your needs, and then insulted the people here and claimed that you could make one yourself anyways. It took a total of about 20 seconds to find the plugin that you were looking for.

Winamp is a software site - it distributes software, either in the form of Winamp itself, or the plugins associated with it.

Quote:
i never requested software
Yes, you did:

Quote:
is there a plugin.....
Plugins are software.

What you also asked for was hardware, which is not specifically associated with winamp at all. You requested the schematic diagram for an infra-red receiver that could be plugged into one of the ports (COM) at the back of the computer, and could interract with winamp itself to control its functions. All the hardware does is receive the signal from the remote control, and convert the TTL/CMOS signal to an RS-232 signal, most likely by using a MAX232 chip or something similar. The software that you requested then interprets these signals. Therefore my point still stands - the hardware you requested has nothing to do with Winamp - it interfaces to the PC. The plugin does the rest of the work.

If you are such an experienced user of Winamp, go and build a remote comtrol, and when you are finished post it back here, and I'm sure everyone will be grateful. If not, then maybe if you come here and ask nicely, people will be more willing to help you, and maybe send you a schematic and tell you how to do it.

Old 28th March 2001, 05:40   #9
CaStR8oR

ok sport, tell me a bunch of shit i already knew and then insult me and claim ive done the same, i dont give a shit if you get a warm fuzzy feeling inside to beable to read my words and pick out the slightest error, i dont give a fuck if you dont give me your schematic, being an experianced winamp user doesnt mean ive spent my days hovering over a soldiering iron, i dont know shit all about tronics. dont assume so much mate, and get off your high horse, this place is here to help people, not to antagonise them. and just too keep up my usuall idiocy in insults and statements, my dick is bigger than yours ya two bit user in a 32 bit world.
Old 28th March 2001, 08:10   #10
. - .... .- -. ....
Backpacking

Quote:
is there a plugin AND a sckematic to make my own winamp remote, if not, your a bunch of cyber gerbil smart heads, get on it, everyone with access to a tronics store would make one, especially me.
To be fair, I think your last post was pretty honest. I did not insult you anywhere in that post - I pointed out that it was you that was throwing the insults around. You are right - these forums are here to help people, not to antagonise them, and the help that they give you is voluntary. Therefore, it doesn't hurt to have a little bit of respect for the people whose help you need. Personally, I don't give a shit what you think of my replies, but I'll bet that anyone else that has read your post has been thinking along the same lines, and chances are the nearest thing they'd give to a reply would be telling you to go fuck yourself.

I have no intention of helping you - it's not that I don't know how to, it's because I think everything that I said so far is true - you are an arrogant little shit that knows shit all about either hardware or software, and is too much of a child to be able to ask nicely. My guess is that you are about 15 years old.

Quote:
ya two bit user in a 32 bit world.
Try coming up with something more original than a line from Weird Al - It's all about the Pentiums.mp3

Old 28th March 2001, 13:02   #11
CaStR8oR

is it my imagination or do you spend more time on the computer than you do sleeping? i dont care how good you think you are or how good you are, or how many of my errors you can point out, nobody else goes around shouting their opinion on how a post is presented and how that indicates things about the authour of the post. i have to go and have some fun now, see ya wank breath
Old 28th March 2001, 15:27   #12
Twilightseer
Frenchoderator

CaStR8oR

I'll keep it short: either you stop acting like a jerk or you're out of here.
Come on now. Make my day.
Old 28th March 2001, 15:31   #13
. - .... .- -. ....
Backpacking

Thanks Twilightseer - I'm glad to get a second opinion This guy was beginning to piss me off

Old 28th March 2001, 15:32   #14
Twilightseer
Frenchoderator

Quote:
Originally posted by ethan_h
This guy was beginning to piss me off
You know what ? It started to show
Old 28th March 2001, 15:36   #15
. - .... .- -. ....
Backpacking

Ya think???

Old 29th March 2001, 07:26   #16
CaStR8oR

revenge of the nerds 2
what will i do without the tecnical support forum?
Old 29th March 2001, 07:54   #17
Twilightseer
Frenchoderator

Go back to the kindergarten, maybe ?
Old 29th March 2001, 11:56   #18
. - .... .- -. ....
Backpacking

Piss off the users - get a reply
Piss of the moderators - get banned

simple as that.

Old 29th March 2001, 12:02   #19
Twilightseer
Frenchoderator

Simple indeed. Especially when I'm not in the mood for that kind of stuff
Old 29th March 2001, 12:07   #20
. - .... .- -. ....
Backpacking

By the way - I do have the schematics and instructions for an IR receiver that you plug in to the serial port. So if anyone out there is looking for it, let me know.

Old 30th March 2001, 06:27   #21
CaStR8oR

get off your dingo both of you, relive your testosterone elsewhere, we dont need to impress eachother here
Old 30th March 2001, 07:57   #22
. - .... .- -. ....
Backpacking

Small problem with that - You're not exactly a person that I put a whole lot of thought into, because basically you aren't worth it. So impressing you (or anyone else) is the least of my worries.

Old 30th March 2001, 08:07   #23
Twilightseer
Frenchoderator

Quote:
get off your dingo both of you, relive your testosterone elsewhere, we dont need to impress eachother here
Let me yawn.

[Edited by Twilightseer on 03-30-2001 at 03:23 AM]
Old 30th March 2001, 08:10   #24
. - .... .- -. ....
Backpacking

yamn?????

Old 30th March 2001, 08:24   #25
Twilightseer
Frenchoderator

Thanks for pointing that out
Old 1st April 2001, 04:43   #26
Supergibbs

Another Option...

There is a kit called "Mp3 Anywhere" by X-10 it includes an RF (radio freqency) reciever and a "6 in 1 universal remote" that works with most TV/VCR/SAT/CBL etc plus it can control winamp (along with your DVD/CD player and lots of other progs like WMP, RealPlayer etc)

-Supergibbs

ps-sign up for their newsletter and get GREAT deals on their stuff

pps-I'll admit it now that the link is also a referal program, I am not trying to hide that, but I do honestly recomend their products
Old 1st April 2001, 06:37   #27
CaStR8oR

this man just got money for himself whilst helping me and others out, ethan hawk has failed to realise that you dont gain anything from pointing out peoples flaws. thankyou my good friend, shame ehthan and his big moderator buddy couldnt have used your strategy some people refer to as karma.
Old 2nd April 2001, 08:50   #28
Twilightseer
Frenchoderator

Quote:
Is THAT what you call "karma" ?
Old 2nd April 2001, 11:53   #29
. - .... .- -. ....
Backpacking

That "big moderator buddy" of mine, as you put it, also has the power to ban your ass from this forum. So if I were you I'd drop this thread very quickly......

Old 2nd April 2001, 11:58   #30
Twilightseer
Frenchoderator

Quote:
Originally posted by ethan_h
That "big moderator buddy" of mine, as you put it, also has the power to ban your ass from this forum. So if I were you I'd drop this thread very quickly......
100% true, ethan_h
No need to ban him though. His arrogance lacks style
Old 2nd April 2001, 12:03   #31
. - .... .- -. ....
Backpacking

I'm not saying that he should be banned. The forums are about being able to say what you want, whether I like it or not. I'm just pointing out that the option does exist. Anyways, I have to agree with you - he's not worth banning.

Old 2nd April 2001, 12:07   #32
Twilightseer
Frenchoderator

On the other hand, a nice custom title...
Old 2nd April 2001, 12:10   #33
. - .... .- -. ....
Backpacking

Pleeeeeaaaseeeeee!!!! Just for 24 hours or so....

Old 2nd April 2001, 12:11   #34
Twilightseer
Frenchoderator

Let's wait for his next post
Old 3rd April 2001, 10:47   #35
CaStR8oR

ethan, ya mum

first of all, i dont practice what i preach, karma comes in many styles, that has nothing to do with karma, i was incouraging you lot to stop pretending to be top shit by being here all day and do something productive. second, if you have to ban me to gratify yourself it says allot about your debating skills, and last but not least, ethan, you need to wake up and relise that you dont measure your life success in how high you are in the winamp forum power game.
Old 3rd April 2001, 11:02   #36
Twilightseer
Frenchoderator

CaStR8oR

"Debating skills ?" That's a good one. You've started this thread by insulting people who could have helped you. And now, you're telling us that WE have a problem. Get lost.
Ethan_h was kind enough to give you an answer despite the fact you behaved like a moron (and you still do, obviously). If you're so perfect, cool and talented, then why did you post here to ask for help ? Do your stuff and leave us alone.
And please, give us a break with your bullshit about "life success" and "power game". You're certainly not the kind person who should give morality lessons. Just for the record, we're on these forums because we like this place, not because we want to achieve some sort of stupid goal. We're also here to help people who can show cleverness and respect (don't fret, you're not concerned here).
I hope I've made myself clear.
Old 3rd April 2001, 14:38   #37
. - .... .- -. ....
Backpacking

Re: ethan, ya mum

Quote:
first of all, i dont practice what i preach, karma comes in many styles, that has nothing to do with karma, i was incouraging you lot to stop pretending to be top shit by being here all day and do something productive. second, if you have to ban me to gratify yourself it says allot about your debating skills, and last but not least, ethan, you need to wake up and relise that you dont measure your life success in how high you are in the winamp forum power game.
Well there isn't really much that I can add to Twilightseer's post. Just a couple of things - if you think that you are getting to me by calling names and trying to insult me and the other people here, then I hate to disappoint you. At the start it did, when I thought that you were just ignorant, which can be changed, but as the posts go on I realised very quickly that the problem is that you are childish. I'd love to know what age you are - with a name like CaStR8oR I think that the next thing you have coming is high school.

As for me thinking I'm "top shit" and doing something productive - when I'm not here I teach computer programming and electronic systems, and I see people like you every day - immature, childish, and think that if they sulk for long enough that people will come around to their way of thinking. But at least after a couple of weeks they grow up. So I don't live in the winamp forums as you suggest, and I have nothing to prove here. As Twilightseer said, we are here to help, because we like it, and we like talking to the other people here.

I'm on a power game, huh?? Let me see, what have I gained by replying to this thread. A whole 15 more posts to my name. If that was all I was after I could simply search through the forums and make up the same number in about 20 minutes. If you have a problem with the forums, or the people that are in them, then go somewhere else - simple as that. I have more to be doing with my time than replying to your bullshit.

Old 3rd April 2001, 21:11   #38
Abraxa

>your a bunch of cyber gerbil smart heads, get on it

I don't think that this is meant to be insulting - I see it as a compliment combined with a request for schematics and a plugin which enables one to use IR remotes to control winamp. By saying "everyone with access to a tronics store would make one, especially me" I think that he wants to tell that there is demand for it.

I really think you guys should stop your IMO childish behaviour. May CaStR8oR's inital expression be wisely chosen or not, it's not the behavior of mature adults to piss him off the way you do.
You can have way more fun in the real life.

Regards,
-Søren
Old 3rd April 2001, 21:16   #39
Supergibbs

Amen
Old 3rd April 2001, 21:31   #40
. - .... .- -. ....
Backpacking

Hold on a second...have you actually taken the time to read through the comments that were made here???!!!! If you haven't, here's a few examples....

Quote:
when did i claim i could make one ya fat head?

...and last but not least, for the egosentric man with the know how, if i buy a universal remote, how the fuck is the computer going to recive the infa red or radio signal

....ok sport, tell me a bunch of shit i already knew and then insult me and claim ive done the same, i dont give a shit if you get a warm fuzzy feeling inside to beable to read my words and pick out the slightest error, i dont give a fuck if you dont give me your schematic.....

....and just too keep up my usuall idiocy in insults and statements, my dick is bigger than yours ya two bit user in a 32 bit world.....

...i have to go and have some fun now, see ya wank breath...

...revenge of the nerds 2
what will i do without the tecnical support forum?
etc, etc....

Now go and take a look at any of the posts submitted by either myself or Twilightseer. Do you see anything similar there?? I don't think so. On the contrary, the posts that are there are prety calm and collected, and everything said within them seems to be true. No-one came in here with the intention of "pissing him off" as you suggest, in fact, the opposite seems to be the case. The more that it is pointed out that he/she is pissing people off, the more he/she goes ahead and does it. Childish behaviour on our part would have been to have replied in more or less the same terms that he/she was using, and this didn't happen. If you read again, you'll even see that it was pointed out that the thread should be dropped, but it wasn't. Nobody said that he should be banned either - when he started on one of the moderators it was pointed out that the person he was insulting has the power to ban him.

I'm not on any power trip or whatever else that was suggested here, because there are plenty of people here that know a lot more than me, and I have better things to be doing. But at the same there should be a certain amount of respect shown for the other people here, especially when in the same post you are asking for their help.

Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support