Old 5th April 2015, 20:12   #1
Number_1

wish better OS integration / more sync options

Hi there
can't wait for the next update :-)

I would like to see optimized OS support like drag&drop and high dpi monitor support (Interface is very small at high dpi) and a faster programm start. (It needs now more than 10 seconds to start with a rather small-medium library and almost no plugins)

Integrated sleep timer (with fade out option) would be great. Can't find a similar thing... (standalone sleep timer aren't that good)

And better support of mobile devices like android phones and usb-sticks would be great.
I would like to sync my selected playlists and the files that are in there - instead of sync the whole library. (for now im using "Playlist Copier" plugin to manually copy the files)

Thanks for reading...
Number_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2015, 22:34   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi Number_1,

Better support for drag & drop and app scaling would be nice.

An integrated sleep timer would also be useful. I'm using the standalone Winamp Sleeper Application (http://uploadgeneration.info/Winamp/...on/138943.html). It works well to shutdown Winamp or my computer after the adjustable time period, but no fade out.

What version of Winamp are you using? Mine (v5.666.3516) starts up in 3 seconds. I'm using 15 various 3rd party plug-ins and the cPro skinning plug-in and a cPro SUI skin, along with most of the official plug-ins. I have about 6,500 files in my library and I'm loading the library database and also rescanning my watch folders at start-up. Ten seconds to start-up is not normal. You could post an extended report of your Winamp configuration (http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=328932). Maybe there is something wrong with your configuration or computer hardware. I'm using an SSD drive on a SATA 2.0 port instead of SATA 3.0 (due to old mobo), but I don't think it's saving me 7 + seconds.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2015, 07:32   #3
Aminifu
Forum King

The Winamp Queue Manager (QM) has an option to stop playing or shutdown Winamp after the list of items in the queue are played (or log off or restart or shutdown or put the computer in standby mode). So if you use the "Send to:" context menu command to add some items to the QM and use it instead of the Playlist Editor to control playback; this is currently the closest to an integrated sleep timer function you can get (again no fade out of the last item played).

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Old 6th April 2015, 14:12   #4
Number_1

Thanks for you answer.
I measured 11 seconds on my (slightly outdated) dual core 2GHz Win8.1 machine.
And 6 seconds on a 1year old Win 8.1 i3 notebook with SSD. (almost fresh install without library) Windows starts in only 10-15 seconds on the notebook - so 6 seconds for a slim music player is not little in that relation...

I've tried the winamp sleeper. Very simple but useful. Thanks
Just my keyboard led keeps lightning. Normally it turns off when I shutdown Windows.

But what do you mean with Queue Manager? I don't think that this will be a solution for me bec. its not based on time but on the files icluded in the playlist.
Old 6th April 2015, 14:13   #5
Number_1

btw. Im using newest winamp (same you mentioned above)
Old 6th April 2015, 17:19   #6
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number_1 View Post
Thanks for you answer.
I measured 11 seconds on my (slightly outdated) dual core 2GHz Win8.1 machine.
And 6 seconds on a 1year old Win 8.1 i3 notebook with SSD. (almost fresh install without library) Windows starts in only 10-15 seconds on the notebook - so 6 seconds for a slim music player is not little in that relation...

I've tried the winamp sleeper. Very simple but useful. Thanks
Just my keyboard led keeps lightning. Normally it turns off when I shutdown Windows.

But what do you mean with Queue Manager? I don't think that this will be a solution for me bec. its not based on time but on the files icluded in the playlist.
Even though the start-up and shutdown times will vary for each individual software & hardware configuration, efforts were made in the current Winamp version to reduce these times. More improvement is expected in the next release. I think I'll start a thread in the Discussions sub-forum to ask users to post their start-up times (including an extended configuration report and specs on their cpu, RAM, and storage drive). I'm using Win 7 - 64-bit, running on an old AMD cpu (4 core, 3Ghz) with 6 MB of DDR2 RAM (G.SKILL F2-6400CL5D) and the SSD (Crucial MX100 256GB) I mentioned before (running about 2/3 of it's nominal speeds).

My keyboard has no lights (Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5000 keyboard & mouse). What's the make and model of yours? The 'sleeper' is an old app and may have a problem in that area.

Yes, you can't easily select an exact time for shutdown using the QM, but you can get close to what you want (e.g. about 30 minutes, 1 hour, etc). After selecting some songs in the Playlist Editor, the total run-time of the selection is shown at the bottom of the panel/window (to the left of the run-time for the entire listing).

Right click on any song in the selection and use the "Send to: Add to queue" command. If this command is not shown, it will need to be enabled in the General Preferences options. The official "Jump to File Extra" general purpose plug-in may also be needed. In addition to the 'sleeper' app, I've been using this method to put Winamp to 'sleep' for so long I don't remember if this plug-in is needed or not.

After adding songs to the queue, use the main player's right click menu to switch to the "Queue Manager" panel/window (the keyboard shortcut keys are <ALT + Q>). Right click on the 1st song (or any song) in the QM listing and select the "On end of queue" command to make a choice of what will happen. The default is to return to the Playlist Editor and continue playback from there (there are General Preferences options to control the point of return). Finally, double click on the 1st song in the QM to start playback. Of course there are also General Preferences options to control how to start playback in the QM. Winamp has a TON of options.

Old 6th April 2015, 19:37   #7
Number_1

I´m planing to upgrade the Hardware for a while, but there is no hurry

Keyboard is Logitech UltraX - nothing special (only bright numlock light), but I realized that other timer apps have the same behavior regarding Lights-on.

I cant find the QM contextmenu option. Seems to be a feature of jump to file extension or something else.

report attached if someone cares
Attached Files
File Type: zip Winamp_Info_Report_04-06-2015.zip (18.0 KB, 213 views)
Old 11th April 2015, 18:04   #8
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number_1 View Post
I cant find the QM contextmenu option. Seems to be a feature of jump to file extension or something else.
Sorry for the delay in replying. The "Jump to File Extra" plug-in is needed for the Queue Manager feature.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist