Old 31st May 2009, 23:56   #1
KpaxFil

Album Art & Tagging

Alright so I have a few questions here, I'm kind of new at this tagging thing. I'm using Winamp 5.541 and its really a nice feature that theres the 'Download the Album Art' for the individual songs. But, after I get the album art and I put those songs onto my iPod the album art doesn't transer, right? HOWEVER, there are a very small handfull of songs that I have, that somehow keep that album art permanently (since I must've downloaded them that way and it doesn't seem that they have a seperate jpeg, the album art is somehow embedded in the tag, even when you move the songs from folder to folder.) So I was wondering if there is a way after I get that album art downloaded through winamp to somehow plaster it on there more permanently, like do you have to save it somehow or use a special folder? How come some songs just come with the album art and stay with it?Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
KpaxFil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2009, 00:24   #2
Zero2FiftyIn4

Some mp3's have the cover because the album art is embedded in the tag of the mp3. Winamp currently can't do that. I Can't remember if they were working on that functionality or not though. You'll need a separate program like Mp3tag or something if you want to have the art work added to the mp3 directly. Hope that answers your question.

"It is, in the end, whatever the Hell I want it to be,
And when I'm through with it, it's gonna blow a hole,
This wide, straight through the worlds own idea of itself.
They're throwing bottles at your house.
Come on, lets go break their arms."
Zero2FiftyIn4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion