Old 1st June 2009, 18:20   #1
bark

Delete files from library + computer

Hi,

Is there any way I can delete files from both my library and computer (physically from the disk) during playback? I've searched the forum, but the only thing I can find is the option of going into Media Library, right click the file and choose Remove > Physically Remove.

Is this the only way, or is it possible to do it faster and without going into Media Library each time? Normally I only use the Playlist, since Media Library doesn't jump to the playing file as the Playlist does. And when I want to delete a song it requires "too much work", because I have to open Media Library first, search for the song, start a new song (since I cannot delete the first song while it's playing), and then right click and go through the delete confirmation. Phew...

I've noticed that I can just click Del in the Playlist view, and this is great, but it still doesn't remove the file from the computer :/

So my questions are these:

1) Is it possible for the Media Library to jump to the file I'm playing, for each now song?

2) Is it there any option such as "Delete all files from the computer which you have Deleted from the Playlist"?

3) Is there any faster method for deleting files during playback, which doesn't require "too much work"?

4) Or is there a plugin for this? I cannot find any plugins that is compatible for Winamp 5.

I have a somewhat huge library, and I just want an easy way of deleting files fast and easy as I play through the library

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by bark; 1st June 2009 at 19:06.
bark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2009, 00:01   #2
Zero2FiftyIn4

Click the [-] symbol on the playlist then select Remove..>Physically Remove selected file(s)

"It is, in the end, whatever the Hell I want it to be,
And when I'm through with it, it's gonna blow a hole,
This wide, straight through the worlds own idea of itself.
They're throwing bottles at your house.
Come on, lets go break their arms."
Zero2FiftyIn4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2009, 00:19   #3
DrO

search for 'playlist file remover' which should cover most of the options that you're looking for to quickly remove files from the playlist, the computer and it can also remove entries from the media library.

may involve a bit of reading through the plugin's thread/preference options but should be reasonably easy to get going - you can even have it do removals via hotkey(s) to make it viable to remove file(s) whilst woring in other apps. will note that setting up hotkeys with the plugin isn't ideal in the build available but newer builds will resolve that 'quirk'.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2009, 21:21   #4
bark

Thanks!

Hi,

The Playlist File Remover tool did the trick! I tried the beta version first, but Winamp crashed when I tried to open Preferences. I then tried v 2.2.2, and it works like a charm. Now I can even delete files when I'm working in other programs. (And yes, I've used a very complicated key combination, to avoid accidents )

Great plugin!

Thanks
Old 3rd June 2009, 07:41   #5
DrO

a few people have been saying about the crashes when opening the preferences though i've not been able to reproduce it consistantly (only way i managed so far was with the playlist undo plugin installed and that was very random).

can you try renaming gen_jumpex.dll in the plugins folder to gen_jumpex.off and see if it still happens please.

-daz
Old 3rd June 2009, 19:28   #6
bark

Sorry, it didn't.

I uninstalled Winamp, and deleted the folder afterwards. Then I installed 'winamp5552_full_emusic-7plus_en-us', followed by 'Playlist_File_Remover_v2_5_Beta_1'.

I renamed the file, but it still crashes. I tried with the original name, but that crashes as with the last time.

Windows 7 64-bit RC1 here btw
Old 4th June 2009, 18:56   #7
DrO

strange i've tried it on 5 different machines including the Win7 x64 RC1 i've got as well and couldn't get it to crash. can you post what crash message appears when it happens please?

-daz
Old 4th June 2009, 20:26   #8
bark

"Winamp has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem..."

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\winamp.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Winamp.exe
Application Version: 5.5.5.2435
Application Timestamp: 49df8239
Fault Module Name: gen_play_remove.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 49eb9677
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000078f0