X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Himem Kilobyte
    • Jun 2010

classic.shoutcast.com malfunction

The classic.shoutcast.com website with the original user interface is not working -- when you visit, you get the newer user interface to the website.

Now, one might immediately think that classic.shoutcast.com is being decommissioned, however right at the top, it still plainly displays the text with weblink to classic.shoutcast.com:

Miss your old SHOUTcast Radio?
    Classic SHOUTcast Radio 1.0
    I personally prefer the classic interface over the newer interface and hope that it can be repaired and brought online as soon as possible. If there are plans to decommission it, please let us users know!
  • tdo
    • Feb 2003

yes, please bring back the old website! I like it more too...

Comment

• mikeman400
      • Jun 2010

Unfortunately I think they have finally decided to can the classic interface. The original URL that winamp used http://yp.shoutcast.com now redirects you to shoutcast.com

I wish more people would speak up, but unfortunately most people probably dont care enough to do so.

I really like the original interface compared to the new one. It kinda brings back memories like using winamp vs newer media players. That and its simple and fast. Doesnt lag at all loading up unlike the new graphics intensive page.

Comment

• Busby
        • Apr 2004

Yes, bring back the classic version!
        Go easy on me...
        https://1mix.co.uk

Comment

• SC_faisal
          SHOUTcast (Alumni)
          • Sep 2008

Classic is being sunset to make way for bigger and better things to come. Please see this post for more information: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=320011

Thanks
          f.
          SHOUTcast | Winamp

Comment

• grimsleeper
            • Jul 2010

This might be good for some, but it's really bad for me. Is there any way to have a classic option available? I live by shoutcast, listening all the time through my Pocket PC (Windows based iPaq) through wifi hooked up to my stereo. It worked perfect with the classic shoutcast, but will not work at all with the new version! If there is no fix, I guess it's no more shoutcast.com for me :-( Is there any way???

Comment

• mrk.czns
              • Jul 2010

Originally Posted by grimsleeper View Post
              This might be good for some, but it's really bad for me. Is there any way to have a classic option available? I live by shoutcast, listening all the time through my Pocket PC (Windows based iPaq) through wifi hooked up to my stereo. It worked perfect with the classic shoutcast, but will not work at all with the new version! If there is no fix, I guess it's no more shoutcast.com for me :-( Is there any way???
              Similar problem here. I have an Android phone which worked beautifully with classic shoutcast + streamfurious. Since the change over I am unable to listen to any new streams on my phone, I don't think streamfurious have caught up yet. A classic option would be awesome

Comment

• Squonkify
                • Jul 2010

Classic version of Shoutcast lives at shoutcast.net

I've located the classic, black version of Shoutcast at http://www.shoutcast.net

I assume that it will stay there indefinitely, but it couldn't hurt to spread the
                word, lest AOL discontinue it due to lack of use.

Comment

• Squonkify
                  • Jul 2010

Maybe I spoke too soon

10 hours ago, I mentioned here that the old version of Shoutcast
                  was available at http://www.shoutcast.net

But now that address redirects to the new "improved" version.
                  Maybe someone at AOL saw my post and said, "Someone's
                  enjoying one of our services! Well, we'll fix that."

Comment

• Photovoltaik
                    • Jul 2010

SHOUTcast Radio is intended for general audiences and for personal and information use only. We may add, change or discontinue any aspect of SHOUTcast Radio at any time, in our sole discretion and without notice to you. We may offer certain applications, services or features for a fee, which will be subject to separate payment terms that will be binding on you.

Comment

• winmanus
                      • Jul 2011

I wish more people would speak up, but unfortunately most people probably dont care enough to do so.

Comment

• macelius
                        • May 2010

damnit at least u used to be able to switch winamp to classic, the damn new interface is clunky, and buggy, every time you click a fracking station it resets your search wtf

Comment

Working...
                        X