Old 26th June 2018, 13:11   #1
raylan

Angry Streaming service w/ Buffer issues

Hello friends.

Is anyone else having buffering problems with the ShoutCast streaming service?

It's been a long time since I've been experiencing these issues, which causes audio cuts, especially when there is an increase in listeners on the servers.

I tested on each server where my radio is allocated:

streaming312
streaming307
streaming308

I saw some people reporting the same thing here in the forum, someone else is having this problem?

There have been several times written for the support, but no answer let alone a solution.
raylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2018, 18:22   #2
ram130

Send a message via AIM to ram130 Send a message via Yahoo to ram130
I had the same issues, what worked for me was either lower it to 128 on MP3..or going fully AAC...so far smooth..

Ramon
ram130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2018, 11:20   #3
silversilver

Been like it for months even years if I am honest.... emailed over and over, PMed Egg on here. Nothing they / he can do.... or email is ignore never replied too.

I think they think it's the users and not their problem, or they don't have the budget / skills to buy legit bandwidth....

Free is great, but not at the expense of providing a professional quality listening experience.
silversilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2018, 15:18   #4
ram130

I agree. Their support is terrible and it’s always consistent excuses. Shoot,even their forums doesn’t support mobile. They hardly, if ever, come here or follow up. And if they feel your question is too complex, they send you a copy and paste answer.

Ramon
Old 28th August 2018, 15:49   #5
raylan

They told me that they are developing a new streaming platform and that my radios will migrate to this new platform. But it's been several weeks, and nothing has changed :/
raylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2018, 16:06   #6
ram130

Quote:
Originally Posted by raylan View Post
They told me that they are developing a new streaming platform and that my radios will migrate to this new platform. But it's been several weeks, and nothing has changed :/
They say a lot of things, preview of the platform here: https://radiomanager.shoutcast.com It's such a"downgrade" than what we have. I'm afraid common sense isn't at their side. How can you develop a new platform with less stats and features, and no input from current station leaders? I wish we had competition man. Plus they plan on charging us monthly for certain things, might as well switch back to self hosting.

I'm only frustrate because they don't communicate, they don't say anything, they're inconsistent, when problems happen they don't tell us, etc. Here's an example of good support: https://www.reddit.com/r/backblaze/c...ith_externals/ They can learn a thing or two.

Ramon
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Streaming Service & Monetization

Tags
issues, streaming