Old 22nd March 2018, 22:40   #1
MadJack

Switching to SHOUTcast streaming service

I've been running a non-profit station on my own for nearly 5 years now and websites, directories and the like, have the same link to listen. I've been considering the streaming service. My question is, will my current links still be valid and available on the platforms I'm "advertising" if I switch?

thanks!

Event Horizon Internet Radio - It's radio for your head.
MadJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2018, 04:06   #2
keijo

Hello.
If what you provided to the sites is a shortened URL where you can control what it points to, then you're good to go. Just change the destination to whatever SCSS spits to you for listening.

If, on the other hand, that URL points to your DNAS server, switching to SCSS will certainly change that, since SCSS is not self-hosted, more like a "We host the DNAS server, you just point the source to us" solution. You may lose the precious age and reputation of your link.

Finally, if you're managing your DNAS server from the RMO control panel (meaning you have an authhash), there's a shortened link to your stream under "Settings -- Activation", below the "You are done" section, that will also likely change if you go with SCSS.

Hope it helps,
keijo!

I have no ties to Radionomy/TargetSpot in any way. My posts/replies are my own so any advice I can give, try at your own risk.
KDPST - Keijo Grooving Moods -- (Where Music Is Your Mood) --
http://listen.shoutcast.com/kdpst-keijogroovingmoods
keijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2018, 05:47   #3
MadJack

That's exactly what I needed to know. thank you for your time!

Event Horizon Internet Radio - It's radio for your head.
MadJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Streaming Service & Monetization