Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Discussions

Old 24th April 2018, 19:18   #1
Radio-Alt

Looking for Recommedations of a Shoutcast streaming provider.

I currently have an online station with a provider that hosts my audio files, automation software and the shoutcast server. They still have me on version 1 of the Shoutcast server and are totally unresponsive to my request for technical support to upgrade to the current version of the software.
I'm looking for recommendations on other providers that offer the same services and have a good reputation (actually respond if there is a technical problem or questions). Does one company stand out or is it pretty much the same wherever you go ?
Any advice is greatly Appreciated.
Radio-Alt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2018, 03:00   #2
ram130

Send a message via AIM to ram130 Send a message via Yahoo to ram130
Well I was using my original host and they were good responding and upgrading as went along. They stopped at 2.5.1 and all they said was they would notified the team. That was in February. I've asked for updates and reported issues and my emails have gone unanswered, tickets remain open and some closed without resolved. Just last week they had a centova licensing issue which knocked the servers offline for a few days. No updates about the downtime, server just started working few days later.

Lucky for me, I was in the process of switching over to shoutcaat hosting service, so the impact to our listeners have been minimal. The only thing I don't like is lack of stats and backend support. Got a few tools that pull song info data that don't support the service so I went searching for a free solution. I found Server Room and they seem to be good. I got the free plan with them and had a start up issue, emailed, they replied a two hours later and fixed the issue. So far they seem good, enough that I'd pay for the service if needed. But it does its job of giving my tools song info. As for updates, I'm only one release behind, its at 2.5.5. I'm gonna ask if they plan to upgrade to the next release and see how they reply.

If you want unlimited listeners and no limits. My original host got that. Just know updates and replies come slow and replies have been the oddlately. The new one also have unlimited, just more expensive but give the free plan a try. It's unlimited at 32kbps. Paid plans go up in Kbps. As for others, heard Voscast is ok but I had issues with them, that was few years ago. They also got unlimited. Regardless, I'm mostly happy with shoutcast streaming service and it's helping me save cash.

1. Original host: http://billing.hostingmembercenter.com/aff.php?aff=443
2. New One: https://www.serverroom.net/internet-radio-hosting/

Ramon
ram130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2018, 04:25   #3
Radio-Alt

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it.
Radio-Alt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Discussions

Tags
streaming host providers