Old 7th September 2009, 17:40   #1
liamstears

Repeat problem

I have a repeat button:

<nstatesButton id="rep" x="257" y="60" w="57" h="28" image="cd.butt.d" downImage="cd.butt.d.pres" hoverimage="cd.butt.d" activeimage="cd.butt.d" autoelements="0" rectrgn="1" extendedSongtickerMessage="Repeat: Playlist;Repeat: Track;Repeat: Off" nstates="3" tooltip="Repeat" cfgattrib="{45F3F7C1-A6F3-4EE6-A15E-125E92FC3F8D};repeat" cfgvals="0;1;-1" />

it works fine.

i have txt that says repeat which lights up when repeat is on:

<togglebutton id="rep" x="135" y="106" image="cd.lcd.rep" activeImage="cd.lcd.rep.on" ghost="1" cfgattrib="{45F3F7C1-A6F3-4EE6-A15E-125E92FC3F8D};repeat" cfgvals="0;1;-1" nstates="3" />

That also works fine.

I also have 2 other bits of text, one says track, other says all:

<togglebutton id="rep" x="175" y="113" image="cd.lcd.all" activeImage="cd.lcd.all.on" cfgattrib="{45F3F7C1-A6F3-4EE6-A15E-125E92FC3F8D};repeat" />

<togglebutton id="rep" x="153" y="113" image="cd.lcd.track" activeImage="cd.lcd.track.on" cfgattrib="{45F3F7C1-A6F3-4EE6-A15E-125E92FC3F8D};repeat" />

at the moment they light up if repeat is on all or track, how can i change it so they light up in respect to the repeat????

I.E :

<togglebutton id="rep" x="175" y="113" image="cd.lcd.all" activeImage="cd.lcd.all.on" cfgattrib="{45F3F7C1-A6F3-4EE6-A15E-125E92FC3F8D};repeat" />

Only lights up when repeat is repeating my whole playlist and

<togglebutton id="rep" x="153" y="113" image="cd.lcd.track" activeImage="cd.lcd.track.on" cfgattrib="{45F3F7C1-A6F3-4EE6-A15E-125E92FC3F8D};repeat" />

Only lights up when repeat is repeating a single track?????????????????????????????
liamstears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 19:37   #2
liamstears

Problem Solved!

Solution:

Changed all 3 togglebuttons to:
<nstatesbutton id="rep" x="135" y="106" nstates="3" image="player.songinfo.repeat" downimage="player.songinfo.repeat" activeimage="player.songinfo.repeat" hoverimage="player.songinfo.repeat" tooltip="Toggle Playlist/Song Repeating" cfgattrib="{45F3F7C1-A6F3-4EE6-A15E-125E92FC3F8D};Repeat" cfgvals="0;1;-1" rectrgn="1" />

and added:
<bitmap id="player.songinfo.repeat1" file="cd/cd.lcd.rep.PNG" x="2" y="2" h="13" w="51" gammagroup="DisplayElements"/>
<bitmap id="player.songinfo.repeat2" file="cd/cd.lcd.rep.PNG" x="2" y="23" h="13" w="51" gammagroup="DisplayElements"/>
<bitmap id="player.songinfo.repeat0" file="cd/cd.lcd.rep.PNG" x="2" y="43" h="13" w="51" gammagroup="DisplayElements"/>

Now works fine!

Please lock thread!!!
Old 9th September 2009, 10:35   #3
SLoB
Major Dude

Yay, see you didn't really need to bosh the issue I think it helps to get you thinking though even though no-one replied and good that you followed it up with your solution, most people don't bother
SLoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 12:56   #4
liamstears

Quote:
Originally posted by SLoB
Yay, see you didn't really need to bosh the issue I think it helps to get you thinking though even though no-one replied and good that you followed it up with your solution, most people don't bother
Im just glad I worked it out, was racking my brains for hours to come up with the solution but found it when goin through the xml for the standard modern skin
Old 10th September 2009, 09:24   #5
SLoB
Major Dude

If you get stuck on things, then look at SC, we're pretty much the main Winamp skins community for coding
SLoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 01:55   #6
Michgelsen
Major Dude

So that's why there's so little posting over here these days.
Michgelsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2009, 08:41   #7
NighTTripper

where exactly does that code go to? What file?
NighTTripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2009, 09:56   #8
Michgelsen
Major Dude

In the .xml file of the window where your repeat button would be part of, probably the main window.
The <bitmap id.../> things should be in the file where you define all the images you will be using.
Old 17th November 2009, 05:22   #9
NighTTripper

Quote:
Originally posted by liamstears
Problem Solved!

Solution:

Changed all 3 togglebuttons to:
<nstatesbutton id="rep" x="135" y="106" nstates="3" image="player.songinfo.repeat" downimage="player.songinfo.repeat" activeimage="player.songinfo.repeat" hoverimage="player.songinfo.repeat" tooltip="Toggle Playlist/Song Repeating" cfgattrib="{45F3F7C1-A6F3-4EE6-A15E-125E92FC3F8D};Repeat" cfgvals="0;1;-1" rectrgn="1" />

and added:
<bitmap id="player.songinfo.repeat1" file="cd/cd.lcd.rep.PNG" x="2" y="2" h="13" w="51" gammagroup="DisplayElements"/>
<bitmap id="player.songinfo.repeat2" file="cd/cd.lcd.rep.PNG" x="2" y="23" h="13" w="51" gammagroup="DisplayElements"/>
<bitmap id="player.songinfo.repeat0" file="cd/cd.lcd.rep.PNG" x="2" y="43" h="13" w="51" gammagroup="DisplayElements"/>

Now works fine!

Please lock thread!!!
What editor do you use for adding that info into and what FILE? I'm not a programmer. Would it be possible to email me the file it's in as an attachment? My email is mstraume@gmail.com.
NighTTripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2009, 14:46   #10
Michgelsen
Major Dude

Any editor will do. You can use notepad. I'm not going to do it for you, because I don't skin anymore. I just received a notification email, saying that someone had posted in this thread.
I'm also not a programmer. You don't have to be. I skinned for fun when I was in high school, that's all. All you have to do is some active learning: try to understand how a modern skin is built. Apparently you haven't done that.

Anyway, if you don't know what file this should be in or how to find or edit it, I'm not sure you have a clue what you're trying to do... I thought you were making a skin, but when I read it now, I guess you're trying to modify a skin by adding an extra button. Is that it?
I can't tell you exactly what file this piece should go into, because that depends entirely on the specific skin.

Try to do some reading about modern skins. Once you unzip one it should be quite easy to find an appropiate .xml file to edit. It's better to try it first with a not so complicated skin. Mine (see signature) are not and the xml 'code' has some comments in them as to what does what, so the could be a starting point. There are also even less complicated skins out there.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins