Old 5th January 2011, 14:01   #1
damenace

How can I edit a great skin?

Hi all,

I am using the "cPro__Bento.wal" skin (the one with the head-banging lamas :-) ).

There are just two things I would like to change, but I do not know how :-(

For one, in the playlist, the currently playing song is only slightly lighter in color than the rest, which makes it quite difficult to spot the currently playing song in a long playlist.

Is there any way of changing that color?
e.g. in cPro__Bento Big City Night the color is yellow, which is easier to find.
As a matter of fact, all the highlighted text is yellow, which is quite good (active tab etc.).

Hope you guys can help me :-)
damenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 15:49   #2
midiwriter

Very easy to do...
Go into Winamp/Skins/ and find cPro_Bento.wal. Rename this file to .zip, then extract to a folder. You'll see colors.xml in the folder...look for the line <!-- List: Background (Selected)--> in this file, and rename the colors to what you want, use any text editor (Google "RGB COLORS" to find a good color list). There are lots of colors you can change in this file. Then either zip the whole folder back up and rename back to .wal, or just delete your original .wal file and copy the new version (folder) back to your skins folder. Hit F5 to refresh your skin.

If you want to get fancy you can instead use the color-presets.xml file and change via the colorthemes sets....anything set at 0,0,0 is the default color theme; then you can find your favorite color theme and get it just right. These are gamma colors and need different color codes, from -4096 to 4096, 0 being neutral.

p.s. or just hit the space bar to center the playlist on the currently playing song
midiwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 16:43   #3
Michgelsen
Major Dude

There's this very neat little tool I've always liked to use when editing color themes. See here: http://www.rpeterclark.com/Apps.asp
Michgelsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 16:49   #4
damenace

Perfect, thank you very much! :-)

Stupid me, didn't know I could just open it as a zip. Thought it was kind of like an .exe to ensure it could not just be altered.

I have another question, but not sure if maybe this is somehow coded into Winamp, because I couldn't see it as code in the skin.

Is it possible to:
a) swap the Playlist-window on the right with the list of tracks on the album selected in the album-art-view?
b) remove the enlarged album-art of the currently playing track (top right) and instead widen the album-art window in the center?
c) move the list of album available underneath the media-library list?

edit: I can't see the image I posted. maybe you can.
if not, this is the link http://img534.imageshack.us/i/rearrange2.jpg
damenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2011, 09:26   #5
Frankestien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michgelsen View Post
There's this very neat little tool I've always liked to use when editing color themes. See here: http://www.rpeterclark.com/Apps.asp
Mate the link you have given in your post is not working properly for me..So check it yourself and then repost the link..
Frankestien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2011, 16:50   #6
Michgelsen
Major Dude

I checked it and it works. Have you tried going to the homepage, www.rpeterclark.com ?
Michgelsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2011, 09:33   #7
MusiX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michgelsen View Post
I checked it and it works. Have you tried going to the homepage, www.rpeterclark.com ?
Hey cool thanks for that one !
MusiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins