Old 27th August 2011, 06:15   #1
Ambient.Impact

Force close on orientation change, Nexus S

Hi there. I've been having a recurring random force close on my Nexus S (stock Android 2.3.4) fairly often when the orientation changes, if Winamp is the active program (i.e. has to display the Winamp window). If I disable the orientation in the system settings, the problem goes away, but this is hardly ideal. It's been happening for ages, with version 1.1.1 and older versions. I've tried searching for a fix, or even whether it was a known bug, but I haven't found anything. Has anyone heard of this before, or am I alone?
Ambient.Impact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2011, 16:56   #2
soullesssoldier

This happens to me on Xperia X10 2.3.3 too. I think Winamp is simply not optimized for Gingerbread yet.
soullesssoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2011, 02:58   #3
Ambient.Impact

Update: It seems that Winamp on CyanogenMod 7.0.3 (Android 2.3.3) doesn't have this issue. I just rooted my phone recently and installed CyanogenMod, and have yet to get a force close. I wonder if this is an issue with Android 2.3.4 or if CyanogenMod does something different? I guess I'll never know. Problem solved.
Ambient.Impact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2011, 06:36   #4
soullesssoldier

Issue is still apparent on latest PRO version 1.2.2. I hope my donation will go to helping development and fixing this problem.
Old 30th November 2011, 16:06   #5
soullesssoldier

I seemed to have resolved this issue by increasing the VM Heap size of the Android system to 48M, up from 32M. Anyone else having this issue can check out the VM Heap Tool on the Market. You will need to be rooted though.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp for Android