Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Old 5th March 2010, 06:57   #241
rickmastfan67

Scroll Lock gets actived by Winamp

Winamp 5.572 (unknown, but it does say Jan 13, 2010 in the about window)
Clean install, no 3rd-party skins or plugins
Language Pack: None (default English US)
Skin: Bug occurs with Winamp Modern, not sure about the others

Locale: English US
CPU: Athlon 64 X2 6000 3.1GHz
Memory: 8GB RAM
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4850
Sound: Onboard
DirectX 10.1 (fully up to date)

Problem:
Whenever I go into the Visualization mode, depending on if the "Random" mode is activated or not, the Scroll Lock will activate on my computer even if it's off.

Method of Reproduction:
1. Start Winamp up and start to play ANY music file you have.
2. Now, activate the Video/Visualization window (if you have it hidden). If you've never touched the "Random" button and it's on already, click it to turn it off.
3. The Scroll Lock on the keyboard turns on.
4. Change to another window (example, Firefox) and the Scroll Lock turns off.
5. Go back to Winamp and Scroll Lock turns back on right away.
6. Close the Video/Visualization window and Scroll Lock will then turn off Automatically.
7. Then reopen the Video/Visualization window and Scroll Lock will automatically turn itself back on again since the random button it turned off still.
8. Turn the random button back on and the Scroll Lock will turn off again.

So, in other words, this "bug" will show up every time that random is turned off and you have the Video/Visualization window open. So, if you never turn off the Random button, this will not happen.

Also, I happen to have a Logitech Wave Corded Keyboard if that is any help. I also do run SetPoint 6.00.84 x64 and even when I have the Scroll Lock disabled in it, this bug still happens. And it's that SetPoint program that alerted me to this because the Scroll Lock alert kept popping up a message saying it Scroll Lock turned on/off every time I clicked the Random button in the Video/Visualization area of Winamp.

Also, I can test this on my laptop later today to see if it happens there if you need me to since I don't have Winamp installed on it at this time and it has built in keyboard.
rickmastfan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 21:51   #242
mines

i feel free to comment the newly designed osd menu for fullscreen video playback (that seems to be a part of version 5.571):
i liked the old one very much, especially the progress bar without a circle to mark the current position (everytime is see one of them in another program i ask myself 'what do i need that for?') i also liked the minimalistic buttons that did their job very well. in addition they were very small to not hide the video to much. the new osd is much too big in my opinion.
but i like the new display of the current time and name of the video. the button to close fullscreen playback may come in handy in some situations. (it wasn't there before, was it?)
maybe it is possible, to get the old menu back after improving it with the new features of the current osd?

by the way: thanks a lot for this great media player! i am using it for quite a long time now.

mines

(i hope this is the right place for this comment, but in the first post, dj egg welcomed all comments...)
mines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 17:58   #243
Alpha2k6

The bug where you click on a play list.. it asks wich program you choose to use winamp and always want to use that.. and then the next time it asks again.. ad infinitum.

Is that Winamp or Windows ?
latest winamp and windows vista x64 SP2.
Alpha2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2010, 17:19   #244
katech725

This bug appears to be similar to the one reported in posts #114 and #115 in that it involves the Nullsoft Windows Media Decoder 3.4 [in_wm.dll] plugin. However, my problem occurs while playing .WMA files stored on my HDD. I have the latest version of Winamp, just installed with no third-party plugins present. I am running Winamp on Windows 7 64bit with an EVGA GTX260 GFX card.

I launch Winamp via the tray app. and Open/Browse to retrieve my media files. When I select and play any .WMA file, anywhere from 56-59 seconds (never reaches a minute) into any given song, Winamp crashes and gives the following error report:

I can be playing one song, I can select multiple songs, .WMA files cause the player to crash every time. However, if I go through the same steps as above, STOP the player a few seconds into a song, exit, relaunch and replay (the pre-selected songs remain in playlist history), the player will run the songs over and over again just fine with no crash.
katech725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2010, 03:16   #245
Shadowtechnique

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmastfan67 View Post
Problem:
Whenever I go into the Visualization mode, depending on if the "Random" mode is activated or not, the Scroll Lock will activate on my computer even if it's off.
If I've understood your problem correctly, here's the solution:

1. Open Winamp
2. Open Preferences (Ctrl+P)
3. Under Plug-ins on the left column, select Visualization
4. On the right column, select MilkDrop, then select Configure
5a. A new window should open with MilkDrop's options
5b. Select the "MORE SETTINGS" tab
6. Look for the checkbox labeled "Start milkdrop with preset lock [scroll lock key] ON"
7. If the box in step 6 has a checkmark, remove it to disable this feature
8. Click OK (MilkDrop window), click Close (Winamp preferences window)

This should fix it for you.
Shadowtechnique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2010, 13:06   #246
rickmastfan67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtechnique View Post
6. Look for the checkbox labeled "Start milkdrop with preset lock [scroll lock key] ON"
7. If the box in step 6 has a checkmark, remove it to disable this feature

This should fix it for you.
when I got to that point, that box didn't have a checkmark. So, for the fun of it, I clicked it to make it active. Then went to the Visualization screen again. Scroll lock kept turning on/off depending on if I had the "Random" button turned on or off. Then I went back into the Preferences to unclick that box and it was already unclicked again without me doing it.

So, I really think there is a bug here.
Old 4th May 2010, 12:56   #247
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.e.e.d View Post
removing duplicate entries causes playlist loose the ability to retrieve tag info, only displaying filename info like if don't have id3 tag(artist/music).
to reproduce:

1. clean install
2. add a folder with more files that the playlist can show
3. add some duplicate files from this same folder(or the entire folder)
4. remove duplicate entries (via shift+delete shortcut or button doesn't matter)
5. result > playlist show some music with id3 tag info and the others without, only filename. (scroll if necessary).
i think i've managed to fix this for the next jtfe release to get it to allow Winamp to refresh the title if it effectively wasn't formed. i'd also suggest changing the title reading option to also read things in the background (4th option on the titles prefs page - maybe that should be changed to the default action but not sure).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2010, 13:00   #248
DrO

Quote:
when I got to that point, that box didn't have a checkmark. So, for the fun of it, I clicked it to make it active. Then went to the Visualization screen again. Scroll lock kept turning on/off depending on if I had the "Random" button turned on or off. Then I went back into the Preferences to unclick that box and it was already unclicked again without me doing it.

So, I really think there is a bug here.
it's how the handling works in that it'll cache the current state and then flip it on/off as required when Winamp/Milkdrop's focus is changed.

however as the thing keeps coming up as an 'annoyance' to some people (when its understood this is something implemented for VJing/before there was a visual indicator in the (at least) modern skins it makes sense to have some other form and the scroll lock is sort of ideal for that), there will be a change made to the plug-in for the next client release as detailed in http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=318800. hopefully that will simply resolve such reported issues.

-daz
Old 4th May 2010, 14:24   #249
rickmastfan67

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
it's how the handling works in that it'll cache the current state and then flip it on/off as required when Winamp/Milkdrop's focus is changed.

however as the thing keeps coming up as an 'annoyance' to some people (when its understood this is something implemented for VJing/before there was a visual indicator in the (at least) modern skins it makes sense to have some other form and the scroll lock is sort of ideal for that), there will be a change made to the plug-in for the next client release as detailed in http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=318800. hopefully that will simply resolve such reported issues.

-daz
Sounds good. Because with the software I have with my keyboard, the popup that shows up when Scroll Lock is activated can get annoying. Heck, it still even happens when I have the Scroll Lock disabled in my Logitech's control panel (SetPoint) when hitting the random button. And trust me, that's really annoying. No program should be able to turn it on/off if I have it disabled.
Old 4th May 2010, 15:21   #250
DrO

Quote:
And trust me, that's really annoying. No program should be able to turn it on/off if I have it disabled.
well the underlying OS api which allows apps to fake keypresses disagrees with your view but there will be a resolution to the issue so that should keep things all nice now.

-daz
Old 6th May 2010, 13:58   #251
Alpha2k6

Winamp 5.57 build 2789 (16th Dec 2009)
Winamp 5.57 build 2792 (17th Dec 2009)
Winamp 5.571 build 2810 (21st Dec 2009)
Winamp 5.572 build 2830 (13th Jan 2010)

anything new beeing worked on ?
Alpha2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 14:19   #252
DrO

stuff is being worked on but that's about it i'd say (with a fair few fixes of reported bugs) and it's not been 'that' long since a release (especially when there was a post a few weeks ago saying there were too many releases again *shrugs* )

-daz
Old 19th May 2010, 13:27   #253
hawke

What happen? Winamp 5.572(Build 2928) have some bug.
Is it version 5.572 or 5.58?
hawke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2010, 13:59   #254
DrO

was meant to be an installer only related change from what i understand (am a bit uncertain) though it looks like someone's messed up some parts of the installer contents so i wouldn't get it. am sure more information/clarification will follow once it's known.

-daz
Old 19th May 2010, 19:03   #255
Hanschke

[content deleted - sorry]

dont kill me
Hanschke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2010, 19:56   #256
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

It was supposed to be a silent 5.572 update/upload with just a couple of installer tweaks,
but alas, some 5.58 beta resources accidentally made their way into the build
(whatsnew.txt, lang packs, gen_jumpex - the latter two which wouldn't work with 5.572 anyway).

2928 is probably quite crashy and I don't recommend anyone should download it.

It (2928) should be replaced by a new 5.572 final build 2933 shortly.
The sooner, the better....

There's no need to download it if you've already got 5.572.
The only differences between 2830 & 2933 will be a couple of minor changes in the installer.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 18:34   #257
Hanschke

dj egg 2933 is released or is this wrong?
Old 20th May 2010, 18:38   #258
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Yes, and hopefully shouldn't contain any leaked 5.58 beta stuff anymore. But as Egg said before, there was just an installer change. It's really not worth to update, if you're already using 5.57.2.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 20:08   #259
Hanschke

my last build was 2830 and so there are much more changes inside the 2933 build that is named 5.57.2.
Old 20th May 2010, 20:57   #260
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

There are no changes. Only installer stuff, like the OpenCandy ad page in installer was added, otherwise it's identical to the last public build, which is out since a few months now.

Non of the features, you've read about in the changlog are present in 5.572.2933. They mistakenly used the Whatsnew.txt and lnguage files from 5.58 for the compile, this it is.

5.57.2.2830 is except for the installer change identical to 2933.

So if you really need that installer ad page, download the build. All other users should wait for a release, which is worth to download. 5.58 in that case, whenever it will be released.
Old 20th May 2010, 21:41   #261
Hanschke

thank you for this.
Old 28th May 2010, 00:13   #262
/usr/bin/Tux

Another new build without any notice.
10 builds later...

More information would be highly appreciated.

Winamp user since v1.something.
/usr/bin/Tux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2010, 00:25   #263
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

There's nothing new, nothing to tell.
Just a couple of installer script tweaks, that's all
(mainly a new OpenCandy spam page, heh).
That's why it was a silent update, and it's still 5.572.

If you've already got 5.572, then there's no need to download/install it again
(because all player components are exactly the same, ie. nothing's changed).

Note, this applies to both silent updates (2933 & 2943) and all build types (free full, lite, pro, bundle).
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2010, 00:40   #264
/usr/bin/Tux

I hope the OpenCandy spam will be deleted in 5.58 again. Gosh, this is annoying stuff. A toolbar AND eMusic AND OpenCandy... you really need the money, don't you?

Winamp user since v1.something.
/usr/bin/Tux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2010, 08:07   #265
boelectronic

Send a message via ICQ to boelectronic Send a message via AIM to boelectronic Send a message via MSN to boelectronic Send a message via Yahoo to boelectronic Send a message via Skype™ to boelectronic
Does it affect Winamp Pro setup?

Call me Omid!
Hardware: Intel T7200 (CPU), NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GS 256MB VRAM (GPU), 2GB RAM
Software: Win7 Ultimate, Avira Premium Security Suite, Winamp 5.61 Pro, Win7Codec Pack (Shark007).
boelectronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2010, 08:27   #266
DrO

i would have expected any installer change to be rolled out for all downloads offered but there's no need to install it if you've already got a 5.572 Build 2830 installed.

-daz
Old 29th May 2010, 16:04   #267
alexjoey

FR version corrupted

Hi thank you for this new release.
I'm just telling you that the fr-fr version of this release is corrupted (I ain't know about the bundle one lol) cause I've got a very poor speed connection in French Guiana ; but of course we can have the ALL version which works fine.

I'm keep loving Winamp.
alexjoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 19:53   #268
Serpher

What are the changes in build 2943?

Sorry for my bad English
=====================
MB: Gigabyte P35C-DS3R || CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (3.00 GHz) || RAM: 8 GB Kingston DDR3 1333MHz || Audio card: ASUS Xonar D2X || Video card: GeForce 460 GTX || OS: Windows 7 SP1 || DirectX: 9.0c (latest) || Winamp version: latest || Winamp skin: Modern
Serpher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 19:59   #269
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Probably more ad page tweaks. Please read the above postings again. If there would be any significant changes made, you would read about it here.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion