Old 30th April 2010, 11:56   #1
jedxavior

Winamp/aol orgler sucks!!!

I find that when I'm playing a track in Winamp while Orgler is enabled, in the browser it shows a completely different artist for example I was playing "Pink - So What - Funhouse", and winamp/aol goes on and changes it to "Pink Floyd - So What (From Funhouse)", that so sucks, and winamp/aol orgler should change their freaking code to leave artist and track names as they are instead of changing them to completely different artists.

http://xavior********/TEMP/index.php

I think orgler is a good plugin other than that fact, and it would even be better if the creators of orgler made an orgler app for facebook and increased the amount of playback history that orgler collects and keeps.

Well, I hope winamp/orgler/aol stops changing/fixing the track info winamp shares with the web.
jedxavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2010, 13:55   #2
QOAL
[STILL a retard!]

I seriously suggest you try Last.fm then.
Orgler is basically a poor clone of Last.fm. (Which works with Winamp and loads of other things too.)

count!last.fmdastylishplanner
QOAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2010, 18:07   #3
DrO

not typing things in a post in an extremely large bold font would be nicer as well (first post has now been changed).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2010, 20:25   #4
jedxavior

Last edited by jedxavior; 1st May 2010 at 21:33.
Old 1st May 2010, 20:29   #5
jedxavior

bold, italics, underline, align text center, left or right, etc

• youre a goddamn genius mr. moderator, i never thought youd be such a great help. you might also want the reprogram this forum so that members are not allowed to use rich text formatting.

Last edited by jedxavior; 1st May 2010 at 21:33.
Old 1st May 2010, 21:22   #6
DrO

acting in a childish way is going to help how? and i'll note for the record that i have nothing against rich text formatting but there is a time and a place for it and you've clearly shown that is not something you're aware off.

now i was going to see if i could look into the issue to reproduce it (and attempt a fix if it's a clientside issue) but with your posts and that you've not bothered to post a full plug-in list (as is requested for tech support issues and can help to work out configuration conflicts) plus your childish behaviour, i don't see any point in pursuing the issue further or wasting the freetime i have for coding currently.

-daz
Old 1st May 2010, 21:30   #7
jedxavior

am not acting childish, you just wanted to discriminate against a 'blind' person like me, yeah, am blind and use large fonts so that i can see even at a greater distance.

and I don't think it's winamp's fault that aol changes track info which is posted to it by winamp.

i don't see why i should post a plug-in list for a simple web browser issue.
Old 1st May 2010, 22:14   #8
robdog2004
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to robdog2004 Send a message via Yahoo to robdog2004
in the original concept of this topic
it seems to me that the id3 tags you files have are saying one thing
when it gets transfered to orgler it is searching for them and isnt finding the correct tag and goes with the closest match it has on the server (i.e. pink coming out pink floyd
now why its doing this i cant tell you since i personnaly use the last.fm plugin and the winamp plugin for facebook to update/show the songs im listening to

hopefully this glitch is being fixed and will be completely fixed for the next release of winamp (keep your fingers crossed)

thanks rob
(c)rob 2013 (picture & SN)

(please note) As users we can't give others help unless we get full details of the problem that you are having
robdog2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2010, 22:18   #9
jedxavior

I am now using Audioscrobbler : http://xavior********/TEMP/. It's much better. I agree...
- Just download the plugin from here...

http://www.spibey.com/scrobbler/
http://kalel********/audioscrobbler_w_1_1_9_b3.exe

- And Sign up for a last.fm account and you are good to go.
http://xavior********/TEMP/audioscrobbler.jpg

hehe.
Old 1st May 2010, 22:22   #10
robdog2004
Major Dude

as for size i do feel your pain on being basically blind (im real nearsighted)
i can recommend using the zoom in features on browser that are available to see what you are typing so that when your post is posted it wont come out as big as you see it to other users
other way is to decrease the screen resolution in windows (ie from 1028X768 down to 800X600) if this doesnt work right or you still cant see it try increasing the font size within windows itself

other than these options i can recommend typing what you want in the bigger font and then reduce it back down before you hit submit/post
hope this helps you

thanks rob

(please note) As users we can't give others help unless we get full details of the problem that you are having
Old 1st May 2010, 22:36   #11
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedxavior View Post
...you just wanted to discriminate against a 'blind' person like me...
i'm not psychic so how would i know that is the case as typically users with issues make it obvious via their forum signature or in their initial post if there is such an issue as now has been stated. it also doesn't help that the funky formatting makes the posts flag up as spam so removing it i was giving the benefit of the doubt as unfortunately most spam posts make use of rich text formatting in some form).

--------------------------------------------------------------------

http://nunzioweb.com/daz/AudioScrobbler/ has the recommended version to use if you're going to use the external AudioScrobbler plug-in (instead of their official client) as the one on spibey's page is massively out of date and doesn't work correctly with recent Winamp clients from the last year or two.

-daz
Old 1st May 2010, 22:39   #12
jedxavior

i can see that u now got it in for me,
Old 1st May 2010, 22:43   #13
jedxavior

it works okay with my winamp 5.572, thanx for moderating my posts
well anyways u havent got in it for me and i appreciate your remorse
Old 9th May 2010, 13:55   #14
stopasking
Banned

if you are blind, how are you even able to read this... blind people use screen readers, larger fonts don't help in any way
stopasking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2010, 16:32   #15
robdog2004
Major Dude

there is a big difference from being blind and totally blind
totally blind means you cant see anything not even shadows
regular blind means you can see shadows and figures but have a hard time making them out even with corrective lenses (most ms patients have this type of blindness)
blind in the sense of this person is that you have to blow up everything to a bigger font so it becomes more legible
blind in my sense is that without high powered corrective lenses i wouldn't be able to see past 2 inches in front of my face

check out wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blindness

thanks rob

Last edited by robdog2004; 9th May 2010 at 16:38. Reason: added hyperlink
Old 2nd June 2010, 08:32   #16
psycho_maniac
Major Dude

so any help with the crappy orgler? how did you get your name to show up? i have this:
http://music.aol.com/api/charts/getU...p&appid=winamp

and if we use autoscrobbler or whatever. how do we get that to show up like how the orgler is doing?
psycho_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2010, 09:12   #17
psycho_maniac
Major Dude

also. i just created my account on last.fm will this take awhile to show up? i read something about my profile being private for 14 days but i set it to public.
Old 2nd June 2010, 11:03   #18
QOAL
[STILL a retard!]

Hmm?

Last.fm profiles are created instantly and as far as I know they're always public.
Just go to last.fm/user/YourAccountName (or just http://www.last.fm/home and click on the link.) -- Fiddle with the settings to taste.

(I have no idea what ogler is like to use since I got my barge pole out when I saw it.)

count!last.fmdastylishplanner
QOAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2010, 22:38   #19
psycho_maniac
Major Dude

man i am an idiot. i had my username spelt wrong LMAO
Old 6th June 2010, 23:48   #20
Shadowtechnique

Being blind doesn't give you the right to be a dick.
Shadowtechnique is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Tags
aol orgler, winamp orgler