Old 16th May 2005, 14:55   #1
squakMix
wwwyzzerdd
(Forum King)

Xbox 360 leaked (?)

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000490042605/

Quote:
Can’t tell you how we got our hands on this image, but what you’re looking at is a real live shot of the Xbox 360 that someone sneakily snapped with their cameraphone at Microsoft’s Xbox360 Revealed launch party in Los Angeles last night. Also note the presence of a hard drive attachment up top, the white controller, the Xbox Live headset, and what looks like that EyeToy-like camera peripheral we’ve been hearing about.
Old 16th May 2005, 14:59   #2
Leonhart

Send a message via AIM to Leonhart Send a message via Yahoo to Leonhart
Yup i knew about this a little while ago, i have other sources but i think it looks pants anyways. bring on the PS3.

"To Be Forgotten Is Worse Than Death"
Old 16th May 2005, 15:14   #3
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Hardly a leak when there was a massive worldwide MTV launch of it the other night.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4541961.stm

I'm suprised however that there wasn't a thread about it sooner, even the fake Nintendo got a thread, and that's about as fake as Jordans tit's.
Old 16th May 2005, 15:16   #4
Print
Forum King

If that's the final design it seems like they are attempting to copy the PSX. Either way, Playstation has a real competitor on it's hands this time around. Sure XBox was great, but it got started a little to late in the game. Though I still think PS3 will outsell the next XBox. But I am a little biased

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Jones
Hardly a leak when there was a massive worldwide MTV launch of it the other night.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4541961.stm
Lol.

And fix my CT Jones.
Old 16th May 2005, 23:10   #5
Bilbo Baggins
Wind Chime of the Apocalypse

I dont think they are trying to copy the PS at all, but rather bring the console out of the bedroom and into the living room. The idea of digital media being part of the centre of our lives is a big part of Microsofts current business strategy.
Old 17th May 2005, 04:02   #6
LawnGnome2005
Major Dude

Engadget and Joystiq are liveblogging the Xbox360 E3 Event right...now!

BACKWORDS COMPATIBLE!

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000913043569/

Old 17th May 2005, 06:24   #7
EfaustuS9
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to EfaustuS9 Send a message via AIM to EfaustuS9 Send a message via Yahoo to EfaustuS9
As of today both Micro$oft and Sony have officaly unveiled their respective next gen hardware spec's and all.

===XBOX 360===
Release Date: Winter 05
CPU: Custom IBM PowerPC-based CPU
Three symmetrical cores running at 3.2 GHz each
GPU: Custom ATI Graphics Processor
500MHz processor
10 MB of embedded DRAM
Memory:
512 MB of GDDR3 RAM @ 700 MHz
Unified memory architecture

Overall System Floating-Point Performance: 1 teraflop

Storage/Media:
-Detachable and upgradeable 20GB hard drive
-12x dual-layer DVD-ROM (max capacity 9GB per disk)
-Memory Unit support starting at 64 MB
-Support for DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW,
CD-DA, CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, WMA CD, MP3 CD
-limited Backwards compatibility with XBOX
-Ability to stream media from portable music devices,
digital cameras and Windows XP-based PCs

===Sony PS3===
Release Date: Spring 06
CPU: IBM CELL CPU
Eight symmetrical cores running at 3.2 GHz each
GPU: Nvidia Reality Synthesizer
550Mhz processor
256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHz
Memory:
256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz
256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHz

Overall System Floating-Point Performance: 2 teraflop's

Storage/Media:
-Detachable 2.5" hard drive
-dual-layer BD-ROM (max capacity per disk 50GB)
-Memory Stick: standard/Duo, PRO x 1
-SD: standard/mini x 1
-CompactFlash: (Type I, II) x 1
-Support for CD-DA, CD-DA (ROM), CD-R, CD-RW
SACD Hybrid, DualDisc,DVD-Video, Blu-ray Disk
-Backwards compatibility with PSONE and PS2

You can find more info at either gamespot.com or Ign.com
Old 17th May 2005, 07:59   #8
zootm
Forum King

The "core" count there is misleading because of architectural differences, incidentally.

Old 17th May 2005, 08:27   #9
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Quote:
Originally posted by EfaustuS9

-Backwards compatibility with PSONE and PS2

Really ? *raises eyebrow*, that's a suprise, I expected PS2 emulation but not one, ps1 working on a ps2 was shonky enough, wonder what it'll look like on a ps3.

Still, it amazes me that people will still be playing ps1 games on a 3 to start with, never personally played any of my ps1 games on the ps2, just didn't seem worth it when there were already so many versions of the same game already out and looking and playing better on the PS2 to start with.
Old 17th May 2005, 09:18   #10
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

PS3?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4554025.stm
Old 17th May 2005, 15:45   #11
Print
Forum King

Quote:
Still, it amazes me that people will still be playing ps1 games on a 3 to start with, never personally played any of my ps1 games on the ps2, just didn't seem worth it when there were already so many versions of the same game already out and looking and playing better on the PS2 to start with.
Agreed.

Though it seems Playstation isn't going to be XBox's little bitch in terms of performance this time around. That's definately good to see.

I just hope (though I really don't need to) that they will find a may to modify them. I've alway's loved having a 50 game archive on my XBox Though I should really start buying games
Old 18th May 2005, 01:38   #12
sgtfuzzbubble011

It's nothing more than specs...
Old 18th May 2005, 06:34   #13
EfaustuS9
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to EfaustuS9 Send a message via AIM to EfaustuS9 Send a message via Yahoo to EfaustuS9
If you want more then specs check out either the pages I mentioned above or tune into G4 TV.

Nintendo has released some info about their console as well. It Will be about the size of three dvd cases stacked. It will be backwards compatible with Gamecube games, they will also offer a service where one can download nes, snes, and N64 games from the net on to the console. They will have an online presence this time around and the controllers will be wireless. Also they are changing their stance in that their next console will play dvd movies.

Old 18th May 2005, 06:38   #14
LawnGnome2005
Major Dude

Quote:
If you want more then specs check out either the pages I mentioned above or tune into G4 TV.

Nintendo has released some info about their console as well. Will be about the size of three dvd cases stacked. It will be backwards compatible with Gamecube games, they will also offer a service where one can download nes, snes, and N64 games from the net on to the console. They will have an online presence this time around and the controllers will be wireless. Also they are changing their stance in that their next console will play dvd movies.
The new GB Micro thing looks awesome too!

Old 18th May 2005, 15:05   #15
SonicEchidna

Send a message via AIM to SonicEchidna Send a message via Yahoo to SonicEchidna
PS3 or Xbox 360?

It's a tough decision to see which one will win over the punters best.

In my opinion, it's how the games will play, not simply the power of the systems. I've never really been a fan of the Xbox, so I'm definitley looking more forward to the PS3, but Xbox 360 looks pretty damn sweet.

Who knows, maybe I'll just have to get both.
Old 19th May 2005, 00:54   #16
gaekwad2
Foorum King

PS3
Old 19th May 2005, 01:05   #17
sgtfuzzbubble011

Old 19th May 2005, 01:29   #18
Psythik
Got his CT back
and didn't pay $10
(Forum King)

The PS3 logo looks like the Spiderman 2 logo, and the controller looks like something two lesbians would use to pleasure themselves.

This is a sig of some nature.
Old 19th May 2005, 13:52   #19
PAK-9
Major Dude

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Quote:
... even the fake Nintendo got a thread, and that's about as fake as Jordans tit's.
zzzzzzing

http://PAK-9.deviantart.com

...innit
Old 19th May 2005, 14:50   #20
squakMix
wwwyzzerdd
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by sgtfuzzbubble99
Agreed
Old 19th May 2005, 16:29   #21
Print
Forum King

Hey but the fact that PS3's medium can hold much, much more than XBox's is great for Playstation. That adds great possibilities for PLaystation. Think about it, one reason almost every Gran Turismo game only comes with a certain ammount of cars is because they only have so much room for their excellent models. Have a medium with a larger capacity means more maps, possibly more levels, and overall more content. Sure you can do the same with a few DVD's.. but how often do games use multiple discs? It's just not as good for running a game.
Old 20th May 2005, 01:13   #22
LawnGnome2005
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by blueprint_n9ne
Think about it, one reason almost every Gran Turismo game only comes with a certain ammount of cars is because they only have so much room for their excellent models.
That's a false statement. At least with GT4. GT4 only uses around 5GB of a 9GB disc (forget actual size of dual layer disc)But, saying that, with the next gen game I'm sure the models and textures will take up more space on the disc. Which could limit the amount of data for say GT6 if Sony stuck with standard DVD. Although I wouldn't say the new disc will be a great thing for Sony, because we don't know if the newfangled drives are going to increase the cost of the console. Let's hope not.

As for the backwords compatibility of the Xbox 360 I was excited about. Apparently the xbox games have to be recompiled so they can be played on the new hardware. Which means I will probably have to keep my Xbox around for a while...

Old 20th May 2005, 01:44   #23
Print
Forum King

Oh I might have been wrong about GT4. It may have been a time issue with that one. But I know for certain it's the reason number 3 only had a certain ammount of cars. And if i'm wrong about that.. I don't know what the fuck I was reading then
Old 22nd May 2005, 04:06   #24
Starbucks
Forum King

Both the PS3 and the 360 can be turned into computers no doubt, but if they are both the same price at launch, the PS3 makes a damn good canadate for clustering. Give it a few months and you'll see some form on nix written for these consoles "because they can".
Old 22nd May 2005, 07:13   #25
Omit Name
mostly harmless
Major Dude

with all its processors and blue ray, to not even break even the ps3 would have to be $500; absolute minimum. its processors, for sell on a computer, would be 500 each and the ps3 has five. not to mention its blueray compatability. i would not be suprised if sony was crazy enough to charge 700. and you know what, fan boys would buy it too. i heard someone say it has like ten cores which is crazy to program for. if xbox really does come out this year they will probably be the new leader.

and if you ask me the ps2 always did look like something from the 70's the ps3 is even worse it looks like the rehydrator from back to the future.

Old 25th May 2005, 05:16   #26
Phyltre
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Phyltre Send a message via Yahoo to Phyltre
Quote:
I dont think they are trying to copy the PS at all, but rather bring the console out of the bedroom and into the living room.
And what, in your living room, looks like the XBox 360? i have yet to see a living room that that thing would remotely fit into...although that's not a concern for me, really, I'm just curious what you meant.
Old 25th May 2005, 10:24   #27
Twilightseer
Frenchoderator

No DVD, DVD-/+R(W) support on the PS3? That would sure piss me off
Old 25th May 2005, 11:45   #28
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Why? if it's as shite as the PS2 dvd system I think that can only be a plus situation.
Old 25th May 2005, 11:51   #29
Twilightseer
Frenchoderator

Why does everyone say that? PS2 is more than enough for my DVD playback needs. I don't have stellar TV equipment and it's really handy, at least for me.
If anything, ditch the PSOne compatibility (I agree with you 100% on that Jones ) and add DVD playback.

[edit : Just realized that I misread the PS3 specs post. DVD Video is indeed mentioned. Now, I just hope that my backups will play ]
Old 25th May 2005, 12:04   #30
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Because it was added to the ps2 as an afterthought and it shows, dreadfull software decompression of the dvd data, always gives me a slightly blurred edge to the picture, sound quality is really bad, answer me this, why is it that I play a game on my ps2 on say volume level 10 on my TV and it's pitch perfect, I flip discs and pop a dvd in, playback at the same volume level and it's almost inaudible? I figured it was my tv at first, so I swapped and changed tv's a couple of times, nope , still same problem, volume has to be almost treble on the tv to hear it.

Unless you buy a seperate plugin remote sensor thingy using the control pad is just a joke to control, why not package a proper remote with the device?, even add a IR sensor port on it? if you want to sell the DVD playback facility you gotta give the user the right tools for it, would you buy a modern tv today without a remote?

There is also a degree of disc/tray wobble going on as well which also adds to the general crapness of it, again it's cheap and cheerful and it shows.

As a marketing plan it's a great selling point, as an actual product it's poor beyond belief, maybe this situation has improved since I bought my ps2, maybe Sony started using decent components, got the software decoder sorted out, but from where I'm sitting my ps2 really dosn't cut it for dvd playback, I like my films crisp and solid, not fuzzy and patchy.

'seer if you are ever over the pond in this country I'll show you to my tv room and play you a dvd back on my all singing and dancing dvd player with it's optical outputs, dolby digital out of the box on the big screen plasma and then play you the same thing back on the ps2 and I double dare you to tell me it's the same quality

Maybe it's just me, but I like my equipment to be well built and do the job as I expect it to be done, Sony, as always lacks in this area.

I can only hope they spend time and money on the ps3 and not rush it out the door like last time.
Old 25th May 2005, 12:05   #31
Twilightseer
Frenchoderator

Quote:
they will also offer a service where one can download nes, snes, and N64 games from the net on to the console. They will have an online presence this time around and the controllers will be wireless. Also they are changing their stance in that their next console will play dvd movies.
I seriously hope they will find a better sales pitch because we are reaching the 5th generation of consoles (not counting the very first consoles such the Atari 2600) and honestly, I wonder who will want to play Nes/Snes/N64 games in 2006. I bought the PS rerelease of Final Fantasy VI, no matter how great the game may be, I couldn't play it, it was just too damn ugly to look at and it was originally a SNES game
As to DVD support, Nintendo is once more arriving once the battle is over.
Old 25th May 2005, 12:37   #32
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Would it interest you to know that some of the biggest selling GBA titles last year were the 'classic NES' series that Nintendo released, percieved in most peoples eyes as a total rip off, 1 game per cart , 20 year old game etc etc, yet they sold by the truck load, thus proving that there is still a huge market for retro games out there.

You just have to look at the emulation scene, what's one of the first system emulations that have come out for the sony PSP?, yep a SNES emu.

The market is definately there.
Old 25th May 2005, 13:01   #33
Twilightseer
Frenchoderator

I can understand it for portable consoles but for home ones, come on. Would you be ready to play the first Zelda or Mario games on your super-duper plasma screen?

That being said, thanks for the invitation Sadly, I don't have the money right now to purchase a TV/DVD system like yours, Jones, so I'll have to stick with my PS2 for DVD playback
Hopefully, as you said, Sony will do much better with the PS3
Old 25th May 2005, 13:50   #34
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

I've played the original Zelda from my bonus windwaker disc on the super duper plasma and it rocks your socks ......

.ok, maybe it dosn't, but it was still a fun afternoon
Old 25th May 2005, 17:49   #35
Omit Name
mostly harmless
Major Dude

hell yes im gonna be all excited to play dark wing duck on a revolution.

yes ps2 has inproved 2 steps up. first ps2 did start comming with a built in ir sensor and progressive scan. (but you still had to buy the remote) and then they realeased the pstwo which had the ir, progressive scan, and no more disc tray. but alas too bad for those that got one early. i always liked the color output on the ps2 though; even if it was a bit of a junky picture.

Old 26th May 2005, 01:33   #36
Phyltre
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Phyltre Send a message via Yahoo to Phyltre
Quote:
I bought the PS rerelease of Final Fantasy VI, no matter how great the game may be, I couldn't play it, it was just too damn ugly to look at and it was originally a SNES game
Funny, I could have sworn it sold very, very well. I know it did around here, despite the somewhat high price.

You see, not all gaming experiences are about high-definition video and 7.1 audio. They're about the soul of the game.

Edit: It's possible, using an SNES emulator on a PC, to filter out some of the blockiness of the game. Instead of being pixellated and blocky, the video actually looks more like a watercolor, and the edges of characters are much more precise and less grainy. I suggest it, if only to see the characters in higher definition.
Old 26th May 2005, 02:56   #37
sgtfuzzbubble011

* sgtfuzzbubble99 hugs his $36 DVD player tightly...

Old 28th June 2010, 10:23   #38
adam007
Banned

Hello guys

Hello guys i am new in this discussion and i just read the Xbox 360 is leaked,Actually i am not surprising after listening this,because i know it is gonna happen,Now they can crack this game console and sell their pirated cd's in asia.
Old 10th September 2010, 09:50   #39
fresk
Banned

you are right

you are right buddy the This leak version of this Xbox help to crack this system in Asia there is a big business of Pirated CDs.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Games Center