8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88
8eee8 8e 8 8 8eee8 8e 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8eee8
amano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2003, 19:28   #82
quentin

really great DrO, really really good!

just a question, nothing very important since this will not happen very often: if i skip the current song (shortcut B) winamp plays another random song instead of the queued one. any chance to get rid of this?

as said, not important, this one is also one of the most useful plugin of all times!

greets
quentin
quentin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2003, 19:36   #83
DrO

latest version, play and have fun

-daz

[edit]

just been talking with quentin and if the main winamp window has the focus then fast forward by the 'B' key will not enqueue if shuffle is turned on (i know what the problem is already so that will be fixed for the next build).

i'll also add in a config to determine if clicking on 'enqueue' on the dialog will exit the dialog or not.

now how many have noticed the new version supports the number pad '.' key to open the dialog as well

[/edit]
Attached Files
File Type: zip gen_jumpex_v0_8m.zip (4.4 KB, 310 views)

Last edited by DrO; 3rd November 2003 at 20:17.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2003, 20:44   #84
GqSkrub
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to GqSkrub
OMFG this is nearly perfect!!!!! that bug that quentin suggested is quite minor to this one:

the enqueue list is backwards.
if i enqueue hotel california then california love then california girl then it will start with california girl not hotel california, which it should. To think up an enqueued list of songs backwards is very wierd.

No sig here folks.
GqSkrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2003, 20:59   #85
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by GqSkrub
the enqueue list is backwards.
if i enqueue hotel california then california love then california girl then it will start with california girl not hotel california, which it should. To think up an enqueued list of songs backwards is very wierd.
there's only a single enqueue list at the moment.

-daz
Old 3rd November 2003, 22:39   #86
Mmusicman

It's been like witnessing the birth of a new world...and watching it grow. Who would have thought this thread would go to page 3??

Like GqSkrub said: "OMFG this is nearly perfect!!!!!" I ditto that!!
Mmusicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2003, 22:52   #87
amano
Major Dude

hmm. the "quentin bug" is minor, I didn't even know of the B shortcut.

otherwise everything is fine. I don't quite understand GqSkrub's problem because with this build I still can enqueue only one song.

Or does his problem relate with the "move after current" feature? then he is right. When using the feature the plugin should place the first song after the current playing. The next moved song should not move after the currently playing song but after the one enqueued before instead.

but this can't be done now -I think -, because the plugin would have to remember a enqueued list now. perhaps it would make sense to queuemark these "moved after current songs" too?

example:

5. life of agony - currently playing
6. ►1◄ hannes wader - moved after life of agony (as this plugin can already)
7. ►2◄ U2 - moved some seconds later
8. Johnny Cash - originally below life of agony before wader and then U2 were moved

Any other song that would be moved with the "move after current" option should go directly after U2 and should be labelled ►3◄ (or ►2◄ if the new currently playing song is hannes wader already).

the queuemark would let you know where exactly the next song would enqueue, because always moving directly after the currently playing song would let you have to create your playlist from behind. I wouldn't have thought to put queuemarks with this option too, but now thinking about it again, it would make sense.

[an EDIT to sum my thoughts up: a song should not only moved, but enqueued too. and a new song should move after the last enqueued song, and only if there isn't any, directly after the current playing one]

But anyway, with enqueuing only one song this plugin is already great, perfect to say. And that's the biggest gain already. the best winamp 2 feature for years.

5 thumbs up for DrO.

eeeee eeeeeee eeeee eeeee eeeee
8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88

Last edited by amano; 3rd November 2003 at 23:14.
Old 3rd November 2003, 23:19   #88
evil_oj

5 thumbs up for amano
evil_oj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2003, 23:30   #89
amano
Major Dude

???

8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88
Old 3rd November 2003, 23:49   #90
Mmusicman

Even though I will primarily use the "move after current", I don't personally see any need for change here. I have NO problem with the way it works now! I'd personally prefer it stay this way, and bump down the list as it does, without any "enquing order". It works exactly as it says it should..."move after current". (simple & sweet...perfect!!)

Now as for "enquing"...that's a different story...if more than one is going to be "enqued"... But the whole thing is already unbelievable!

PS: Here's another 5 more thumbs up!!!
Old 4th November 2003, 00:29   #91
amano
Major Dude

hmm, did you read my post?

with one song there is no problem. it's straight and sweet now.

But what if you want 2 songs, say, OMD and REM. if you would want to hear them in this order, you would have to move REM up first. that's (what I think) gqskrub meant that the enqueue list is backwards (and that he has to think up an enqueued list of songs backwards).

EDIT:

Maybe that could be an option:

"Enqueue songs when moving after currently playing song"?

or, the other way round

"Always move after current played strictly"

Opinions?

8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88

Last edited by amano; 4th November 2003 at 02:31.
Old 4th November 2003, 01:37   #92
Mmusicman

Well actually, I did. I think if you want 2 songs (or more), in specific order, then you might use the "enque" function, not the "move after current" (providing the "enque" function supports more than 1 "enque".

"Move after current" already does exactly what it implies. Yes, if I pick "song 1" and "move after current", then pick "song 2" with "move after current" it will play 1st, but that's what I want. I may have (changed my mind) and done this on purpose because I decided I wanted "song 2" to play next before "song 1". Many times as a DJ, at last minute I decide to drop something in quickly, and I want to see it interrupt playlist and play next.

"Enque" and "move after current" must be different, as they already are...
Old 4th November 2003, 02:13   #93
amano
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Mmusicman
Yes, if I pick "song 1" and "move after current", then pick "song 2" with "move after current" it will play 1st, but that's what I want.
No, it will play song 2 first, once the currently played song is done. Then song 1 will be played.

I don't think you should separate the "Move after current" option from any enqueuing context.

I see it as the perfect solution to enqueue songs for people who don't use shuffle.

The pure enqueue option is only interesting for people with shuffle on. when you have shuffle turned off and choose to enqueue a song close to the bottom of your PL, it will hit the bottom after playing and either stop or play the playlist from the beginning (that was already heard before!) if PL repeat is turned on.

But maybe there could be an option in the preferences to "strictly move after current"

EDIT: what I want to do is:
-smply listen to my playlist in the (desired) order.
-then suddenly feel to listen to my 3 favourite U2 songs.
-enqueue the first song by clicking on "move after current"
-then enqueue the second and the third one (by doing the same thing-"Move after Curent").

the songs move up in the playlist, get played, and the playlist continues to be played in its unique order. only the 3 U2 songs don't get played anymore, because they aren't at the bottom anymore (which is fine because I listened already to them).

So I Play:
PL Part 1
U2 Song 1
U2 Song 2
U2 Song 2
PL Part 2 (but without the U2 songs, that were moved up before)

That's the way - I think- the "Move after Current" feature should work.
Enqueuing for those who don't use shuffle.

8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88

Last edited by amano; 4th November 2003 at 02:35.
Old 4th November 2003, 03:03   #94
Mmusicman

Yes, I understand what you are trying to do, and I basically want the same thing, but slightly different.

I wasn't clear, and you mis-understood me. I know song #2 will play 1st...that's what I would want. I'm NOT trying to "enque" songs, but rather "insert and move" songs, as it currently works.

If I "move" a couple of U2 songs up the list in (any) specific order(after currently playing), and then decide I want to insert Van Halen next, I don't want it to que up after U2, I want it to play next.

Don't you see why "move after current" would need to work exactly as it does?

Again, "move after current" & "enque" need to be different (as they are)! (in my opinion)

I think you want to make "move after current" work more like "enque", but I don't see the need, since "enque" will (soon) do the job (with or without shuffle on).

The problem I (now) see (from your point of view) is that "enque" will repeat the same songs later, if down the list. Apparently, that's why your trying to use the "move after current" function to move one or more songs?

Your compromise would be to have an option to force exactly "move after next" or "move & enque after next"
Old 4th November 2003, 03:22   #95
amano
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Mmusicman

The problem I (now) see (from your point of view) is that "enque" will repeat the same songs later, if down the list. Apparently, that's why your trying to use the "move after current" function to move one or more songs?

Your compromise would be to have an option to force exactly "move after next" or "move & enque after next"
a) yup. that would be the problem. the other problem would be that a feature would have to be included to jump back to the playlist point from where it left. If I currently (shuffle is off!) enqueue the last song in the playlist, winamp will automatically jump to that song, play it and stop, beacause after that specific song there is none in the PL to be played.

b)that would be my proposal.

8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88
Old 4th November 2003, 03:38   #96
amano
Major Dude

Quote:
Many times as a DJ, at last minute I decide to drop something in quickly, and I want to see it interrupt playlist and play next.
I see the same problem with shuffled mode:
I shuffle through my playlist and enqueue 3 songs (if that ever will work, let's put our hopes into Dro ). Then I decide to drop something in quickly.
I could do so by hitting "Move after current" but then shuffle gets either turned off or the song doesn't get played at all. if shuffle is turned off, it will then play the playlist and then play many songs again, because winamp went there while shuffling before.

I hope, you see the problem.

Maybe there should really be 2 options (as you suggested)for the quick magic decisions. I start to like the idea.
So "normal" enqueuing would be possible for shuffled playlists by hitting "Enqueue", and for normal playlists by hitting "Move after current".

And for the quick decisions a "Force next option" which makes to song number one in any of both enqueue alternatives.

8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88
Old 4th November 2003, 04:18   #97
idynkydnk

It's about time this plugin was made. Thank you so much.

I just wish it could be like it is in winamp3 with the right click and enqueue number in the playlist.
idynkydnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2003, 05:43   #98
GqSkrub
Major Dude

if you guys read my post, i have the same exact problem except mine is with the enqueue.. it enqueues backwards. since it enqueues backwards, it also moves after current backwards.

@DrO

why do you end your posts with "-daz"? and what do you mean by there is only one equeue list?

and to fix, you'd just have to enqueue in the reverse order... dont'know how difficult it owuld be to code... what language is this plugin in?

No sig here folks.
Old 4th November 2003, 07:35   #99
idynkydnk

aw I thought I could enqueue multiple songs
idynkydnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2003, 09:12   #100
quentin

enqueuing of one song is enough i think
keep it basic and simple, this is already one of the best plugins so far

and i can't believe you named a bug after me ;D
Old 4th November 2003, 12:23   #101
DrO

@GqSkrub:
Quote:
why do you end your posts with "-daz"? and what do you mean by there is only one equeue list?
just adds the personal touch and is just how i prefer to sign off.

at the moment when using enqueue you can only enqueue one file. so if you enqueue a 'second' file then the 'first' file will be ignored. that should make more sense this time i hope.

@idynkydnk: the aim is to get that in eventually

@quentin: was good to have the bug pointed out, thanks

@amano: for the 'move after current' listing i was intending on making it an option so that it will add the files after the first 'move' operation like you're asking for - easy to do that is (was already doing it partially in an early test build)

for information, i've moved all settings to the config page and i've got it correctly working as a proper dialog for versions upto 2.81. the 'b' bug is fixed though i ran out of time to get anymore done

so people know, the aim is to make everything configurable (like with the double-click default etc) so you can change the plugin to work as you want it to be like.

out of interest, would you be interested in having the 'jump dialog' skinned in keeping with winamp style windows - asking since i've got code working that can do this and was wondering if it would be liked to implement it (might make more sense with the winamp5 release). the only down side is a 4/5k increase in the plugin size (until i can fiddle things around )

-daz
Old 4th November 2003, 12:32   #102
GqSkrub
Major Dude

i am all for the skinned "j" window!! i was gonna suggest it but i thought that might be asking too much

Well this might be a side effect of something else but you CAN enqueue more than one song. I was listening to some garbage, decided to enqueue a song(song1), decided that's not really the song i wanted to listen to, enqueued another song (song2). I FFW the garbage (checking to see if it works )and then ended up on song2. After song two was over i expected to hear something random! but NO! it was song1! i said to myself, "self, we have the beginings of an enqueue list here. It's backwards though." and then the rest we all know.....

No sig here folks.
Old 4th November 2003, 12:32   #103
quentin

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
out of interest, would you be interested in having the 'jump dialog' skinned in keeping with winamp style windows - asking since i've got code working that can do this and was wondering if it would be liked to implement it (might make more sense with the winamp5 release). the only down side is a 4/5k increase in the plugin size (until i can fiddle things around )
i don't see a need to do so, the dialog looks the way it should as for winamp 2.

and maybe you don't need to do a winamp5 release, maybe those guys will implement the enqueuing on their own

dont forget to remind us when you publish the plugin

cheers
quentin
Old 4th November 2003, 13:29   #104
Chris Diack

Just thought I'd add another 2 cents worth...

I know I speak for all of us in our continued gratitude to daz for his efforts.

I respectfully ask on behalf of the DJ's and other radio related people who are watching these developments with fascination, if it's possible, after the requests of the majority are considered, and implemented, to include a means whereby the playlist cursor can jump forward to a nominated file or files, at a particular time, after the currently playing track has finished

I realise this is a quantum leap sideways from the general discussion, but after seeing the lateral thinking employed, I feel encouraged to ask.

The Low Power FM radio enthusiasts will see the benefit of this request, and knowing how many there are who are using Winamp as a playout system, there will be much rejoicing I'm sure.

As always, I defer to the majority who are making their wishes known, and will patiently stand in the wings while the current development continues.

Chris
Chris Diack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2003, 14:02   #105
DrO

the skinned window would be an option of course when i get it implemented.

@chris: in a later version i'll get it in - think of it as an extension to the 'enqueue' feature

-daz
Old 4th November 2003, 16:22   #106
amano
Major Dude

hmm. I don't care if it is skinned. why not. just implement it and see what it looks like. Shouldn't be high priority though.

8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88
Old 4th November 2003, 17:05   #107
DrO

Quote:
hmm. I don't care if it is skinned. why not.
@amano: that's what i thought as well but at the end of the day people are going to ask (already one in this thread so far) and i've got the code already done for other dialogs so it'll take a few minutes to add in.

so people are aware of things, there won't be a new build for a few days. it should be thursday that i get the next build up and i hope to have a basic queue list up and running with that version (fingers crossed)

incase i haven't already said this but thanks for all the 'good' suggestions and the feedback that people have made so thank you

-daz
Old 4th November 2003, 17:16   #108
quentin

no, thank YOU

anyway, i still don't see a need to enqueue more than one song but if you want to do it go on, seems there are some people that would like to have that option. it would be another nice method of making a playlist i guess

but for me personaly, i'm satisfied with that version - and i'm looking forward what you're going to to with that plugin! very interesting

keep on rocking,
quentin
Old 4th November 2003, 17:19   #109
amano
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by GqSkrub
I was listening to some garbage, decided to enqueue a song(song1), decided that's not really the song i wanted to listen to, enqueued another song (song2). I FFW the garbage (checking to see if it works )and then ended up on song2. After song two was over i expected to hear something random! but NO! it was song1!
Perhaps is's me, but I can't reproduce (I'am jusing 0.8m) (only working with "Move after Current", not "Enqueue")

DrO, I'am glad you will make this full featured.

Perhaps think of a button to enqueue in first position, for a sudden music idea.

But I'm quite confident that you have already a good plan.

May the gods protect your ways.

8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88
Old 4th November 2003, 19:52   #110
GqSkrub
Major Dude

i definately can reproduce it. try enqueueing multiple songs all at once.

No sig here folks.
Old 4th November 2003, 20:09   #111
DrO

can you post exactly what you are doing, what settings you are using and maybe a screen shot of the playlist to show what's meant to be played please.

-daz
Old 4th November 2003, 21:07   #112
GqSkrub
Major Dude

i've posted it a couple times already but ill post it again... more detailed this time:

i open winamp 5 beta 2 with the most recent update of this plugin with the modern skin and do the following.

<<<Example 1>>>
press play - (song 0) starts playing.

"Song 0"(elapsed time 0:30) I decide i'm liking this band and enqueue "Song 1"

"Song 0"(elasped time 0:50) To test plugin, i enqueue another song, "Song 2".

"Song 0" ends|| "Song 2" starts to play. This means plugin takes most recently queued song and plays it. So what happened to the first song i enqueued? It comes up Next.

"Song 2"(elapsed time 0:25) to test both the FFW bug and the general format of the plugin, I FFW. Low and behold, "Song 1" is next. so the plugin played the songs in this order:

---------------------------------
Song 0 - not choice of plugin

Song 2
Song 1
---------------------------------

<<<example 2>>>
if during song 0 i enqueue five songs it will play them in this order
----------------------------------------------------
song 0

song 5
song 4
song 3
song 2
song 1
--------------------------------------------------------------
If after those five songs play, i rewind back through the songs, it will go through the list in reverse:

song 1
song 2
song 3
song 4
song 5
song 0

Get what i'm saying now? it SHOULD go like this:

<<example 3>>
song 0
song 1
song 2
song 3
song 4
song 5

.... in the order of enqueue, not like how it does in example 2.

I'm not sure how screen shots would help so i hope this makes everything more clear.

No sig here folks.
Old 4th November 2003, 23:02   #113
Mmusicman

I like the stuff simple, but functional. I prefer Winamp "Classic" and personally do not care for skins. I like the "J" window the way it looks now, but if skins are a selectable option, then so be it...as long as I can turn them off...(but like Amano said, it shouldn't be high priority). I prefer "substance", and so far, this plugin has it already!

Also, (like Quentin), enqueing more than one song is not a priority for me, but others may consider it very important. The double-click default options however sounds like a REALLY SWEET add-on!

Hey, here's one...is drag & drop an option? That way you could put the selections anywhere you wanted them. (Just a silly thought...more low-priority considerations.)

DrO: Can't thank you enough! We're hanging on your every word! This little "goodie" is a true "diamond in the ruff"!!! How many out there haven't discovered it's awsome birth yet?

(too bad Winamp, for years acknowledged this wish, but ignored it..)
Old 5th November 2003, 00:20   #114
Dipso

Enqueueing more than one song is what would make this plugin perfect, that and implementing the visual cues into the playlist (hardest part i would imagine)

If those two get implemented, functionality has already exeeded winamp3

EDIT: Not realy a bug, (and possibly a handy feature(?)), pressing f3 in the playlist dialog, brings up the old jump menu

Phear the headbanging llama!!!

http://dipso.deviantart.com <- Art, Graphics, Photography.
Dipso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2003, 03:06   #115
GqSkrub
Major Dude

so apparently i'm the only one that can enqueue multiple songs?

No sig here folks.
Old 5th November 2003, 06:59   #116
WHEREamI
Major Dude

that's strange, but yes, it appears so. i clicked enqueue on two songs, it went skipped to the one i enqueued last, then went on to the next song in the order of the playlist.

I assume you've tried it several times, to see if it's consistent. Have you tried reinstalling wa5? don't know why it would help, but maybe. I don't suppose you have multiple copies of the plugin installed somehow?

~WHEREamI
WHEREamI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2003, 15:45   #117
DrO

@Dipso: i'll check that out, ta

Quote:
as long as I can turn them off...
@Mmusicman: offcourse it will
Quote:
The double-click default options however sounds like a REALLY SWEET add-on!
already in the current release build i thought.

@GqSkrub: thanks for the detail, will fully test it tonight though i've got to repeat that the current builds only support a single enqueue list at the moment - i'm adding that option in tonight (basic at least)

@amano: i've added in the 'move after current' listing option to the plugin now. if the song playing changes / the option is disabled / dialog is closed then the position of the list after the current song is reset - sensible i think to do it that way also it is not a default on option so it won't confuse the people who want the intended 'move after current' feature.

also all future releases will correctly save settings to the winamp ini file - so you can keep your changes between runs at last plus a few more bits and bobs already added as well so there should be a new version some time tomorrow i hope

-daz
Old 5th November 2003, 16:35   #118
GqSkrub
Major Dude

@whereamI... i might reinstal winamp5, but why? i have multiple enqueue possible, backwards, but possible.

No sig here folks.
Old 5th November 2003, 20:08   #119
WHEREamI
Major Dude

hehe... that's true.
WHEREamI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2003, 21:11   #120
Dipso

Now thats what i call a bug thats not that bad Skrub The rest of us have to wait for DR.O to actually ad it in the plugin

Also, DR.O Have you found out if its possible for a plugin to alter the output in the playlist? Having the queue visisble without the j dialog open would be killer, and if the alt+click gets added aswhell, who needs the wa3 style queue?

Phear the headbanging llama!!!

http://dipso.deviantart.com <- Art, Graphics, Photography.
Dipso is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion