Old 19th November 2003, 21:36   #241
Chris Diack

I gotta tell you, I'm addicted to this thread...

I go to the 'puter about 5 or 6 times a day to get my latest boost from "Enqueing via "J" Key menu" and related items...

Winamp and Darren Owen... a winning combination...

Chris
Chris Diack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2003, 22:06   #242
Dipso

You're not alone... this is better than TV (thiese days atleast)

Phear the headbanging llama!!!

http://dipso.deviantart.com <- Art, Graphics, Photography.
Dipso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2003, 23:24   #243
southernrock212

COMCTL32.DLL error

It took me forever just to find my last post! Thanks DrO for considering the drag 'n drop.

With version J, has anyone come across an error window that pops up when you click on "Jump to file" in the preferences dialog? Mine says "winamp has caused an error in COMCTL32.DLL winamp will now close" oddly enough when i press the keyboard shortcut to jump, the plugin works...just that i can't see the settings. They must be carried over from version A. So I did a clean install with both 2.91 and 5-beta2 and i got the same thing. I am using windowsME if that makes a difference. Anyone???

SouthernRock212
southernrock212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2003, 23:28   #244
amano
Major Dude

No, winxp here and also on beta 2. everything is fine.

eeeee eeeeeee eeeee eeeee eeeee
8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88
8eee8 8e 8 8 8eee8 8e 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8eee8
amano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2003, 09:49   #245
DrO

woot page 7

@southernrock212: i've never had that problem (and you should have seen the hacking i was doing when i was testing the prefs code initially). for me it works on win98 and win2k so i'm not sure what is going on

i know i had an issue once with the F3 key which popped up a big error similar to yours (found due to another plugin) but that was fixed way back now. i'll see if there is anything i can do about it. if not i will add in a work around so the dialog can be used in the pre v2.9x mode (probably hold down alt on clicking the config info).

since one of the major issues with the current version was the added skinning support i've been working on that a fair bit last night and i've found the issues that need to be dealt with

from trying to get the modern playlist window hidden (correctly and not just the playlist part) i've found that there can be a few extra windows/frames and i think that's part of the reason for the display issues that was happening. i'm going to fix this tonight and the interim fixed build should be out by sunday the way it is looking.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2003, 11:39   #246
brunces

Hello DrO. Hello, fellas.

Well, here, in my PC, I use to load all files from my default MP3 directory every time I start Winamp.

Now you ask me: "Why do you do that?"

Simple... New files are always being added to that folder, for I'm always downloading new songs. So, every time I start Winamp, I have to clean the playlist and add all of them again to "refresh" the list and get new downloaded files added to it.

Yup, I could use "Add files to playlist" option, but picking new downloaded songs out (even sorting MP3 files by "last modified" - this would help to find the last downloaded ones easier) would be a very silly and SLOW way to get them added, considering I want ALL SONGS to be added again, do you agree? So, cleaning playlist and loading it again is much more faster and easier.

So, is there any way to "refresh" a playlist, based on the last DIRECTORY(IES) I had added?

Or is there any way to get a prechosen DIRECTORY "automatically" added to playlist when I "start" Winamp? (Sure, the old playlist would be cleanned, I mean, replaced!) That also could be a flexible option, I mean, we could load not only a directory content but also any saved playlist we have, whatever...

I'm talking about a plug-in which would have these options:

- Enable/Disable switcher (Of course!)

- Prechosen item to load as a playlist at start up:
Could be a directory, a playlist or a single file (any supported one) for us to choose.

- Prechosen sorting mode:
By title, by filename, by path and filename, reverse list, randomize list
Obs.: In case of playlist, use chosen playlist's sorting mode or not (check/uncheck box).

- After loading:
Start playing or not

- And others I must have forgotten.

- Other options such as "shuffle", "repeat", etc... could be configured in Winamp Preferences as usual.

I really don't know whether this already exists or not... If so, I'm sorry, I didn't find it yet. If not, here's my suggestion.

Other thing...

Save new playlist from "Jump to file" search results. DrO, we've been talked about it. I hadn't seen this POST yet. Cool!

Here I am. I hadn't tried your plug-in either, but I'm ansious to see how your new project will work. I'll wait for it to try, OK?

Actually, I found a plug-in which has this option I mentioned above. It has a playlist editor, a filter just like the "J" window and an option to EXPORT the filtered results to a new playlist, html, etc. It's cool and it really works! I won't say its name in respect of your project, DrO, unless you allow me to do it, OK?

This plug-in I found works fine, but it's too annoying to get to it, I mean... I am very pratical... I use HOTKEYS to access everything I need in Winamp. Actually, I don't even "see" Winamp window when I use it (lol). It starts in tray and terminates in tray (lol). I hate opening Winamp main window to access what I want. This plug-in I mentioned has such an annoying feature... We have to restore Winamp window, right-click on it and get to the plug-in option. Very "difficult" to access it! :P After filtering, to export the results as a playlist, we have to click "File > Export". Gee! There could be a little button or just a "functional text" to click (Save results). I thought about something like this:

- Open "J" window via HotKey (as I do here)
- Type what I want
- Click "Save results" (Now, sure, choose a name, a format: html, m3u, pls, etc.)
- Click "OK".
- Done! Simple! Easy! (lol)

The plug-in I mentioned is cool, good, it works, but its usability is annoying. In my opinion, of course! (Maybe it's me who is a real pain! - lol)

Well, that's it. I hope something can be appropriated to you. Always improving!

Sorry about the "large" text. (eheheh)

Hugz, fellas.

Bruno
brunces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2003, 11:48   #247
Dipso

Dro: would be nice if the list of enqueued files was on a tab in the j dialog, instead of in the config. Is that possible?

Phear the headbanging llama!!!

http://dipso.deviantart.com <- Art, Graphics, Photography.
Dipso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2003, 11:58   #248
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by Dipso
Dro: would be nice if the list of enqueued files was on a tab in the j dialog, instead of in the config. Is that possible?
that would involve a lot of hacking around which for the moment i'm not keen on doing (so it is possible).

maybe post 1.0 i'll add in an option to do somthing like that. though it's well easy to get at the list at the moment (i love that single click option )

@brunces: give me a bit to read through your post

-daz
Old 20th November 2003, 12:14   #249
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Yeah, I got half-way through it,
then decided that brunces was (partly) in the wrong thread

Wanqer (auto folder/playlist monitor)
http://classic.winamp.com/plugins/de...ponentId=99396

On the DL (Dynamic Dir/Playlist updater)
http://classic.winamp.com/plugins/de...ponentId=74076

A full list of Playlist Management plugins (including wincue)
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2003, 12:33   #250
Mmusicman

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
Yeah, I got half-way through it,
ahem...me 2
Mmusicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2003, 13:30   #251
amano
Major Dude

DrO, ol' master of bits:
Did you already fix the shuffle logic?

8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88
Old 20th November 2003, 13:38   #252
DrO

it's not complete yet - i need to finish the display refresh of the dialog for enqueued files since the code for that is needed for the shuffle logic.

the handling will be in the fix release (J2O version) - either saturday or sunday that will be out.

been concentrating on getting the skinned bugs sorted out since it's popped up a few other window handling bugs that otherwise would have crept through.

-daz
Old 21st November 2003, 14:55   #253
amano
Major Dude

Jup. Tnx, very much. I am looking forward to giving this a big shuffle test again (to see if I can confuse/break its logic ).

8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88
Old 21st November 2003, 14:58   #254
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by amano
I am looking forward to giving this a big shuffle test again (to see if I can confuse/break its logic ).
that's what i've got to do tonight as i hopefully finish it off (with the other parts)

it will either be tomorrow or the day after it comes out - all depends on how things go (plus i have to sleep occasionally )

-daz
Old 21st November 2003, 19:10   #255
WHEREamI
Major Dude

Sleep?? programmers don't sleep!!

Looking forward to the next release!

~WHEREamI
WHEREamI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2003, 14:54   #256
Mmusicman

DrO: Here's another "humble" suggestion for your now (world famous) "Jump to File" plugin:

How about adding the "jump to file" selection in the "menu" when you right-click in the playlist?

(You could put it right next to your "Find file on disk" selection!)

(I usually prefer keyboard operations, but with my DJ equipment, the laptop is mounted on a pedistal, and with a seperate dedicated mouse in a very convienient location, I usually use the mouse to make most of my selections...)

A continued THANK YOU for all your efforts!

(Suggestion "humbly" submitted...)
Old 22nd November 2003, 15:47   #257
DrO

@Mmusicman: that can go with the enqueue file option when/how i get that working - you'll have to wait on that one...

@WHEREamI: i need to full days work and then programming after that till late so i have to catch up on it occasionally.

i've done a fair bit on things last night and this morning but not enough as i wanted (took longer to fix a few bugs) so i'm going to put the release of the next version back a few days so i can get things sorted out. i'd like to put out a new version but it would not be the best thing to do.

i have just about finished getting the queue marking and the shuffle handling sorted, just need to add in a few more checks and improve a few areas (seems to work on a straight shuffled play now).

the main areas to sort out are the default click options on the dialog (got to re write that part again since i've altered the handling of a few other parts now) and the skinning support is taking a bit longer to track down the last few display issues (got the most of them done - just switching of skins that is failing it seems).

i'm really sorry about doing that but i'd prefer to upload a version that will work properly from the box (unlike the last release - was a bit of a downer that )

i'll post a screen shot soon which will give you an idea of how things have come along since the last version (i think it will make up a little bit )

-daz
Old 23rd November 2003, 00:09   #258
WHEREamI
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
i'm really sorry about doing that but i'd prefer to upload a version that will work properly from the box (unlike the last release - was a bit of a downer that )
I appreciate that! I'd rather have it 'work' than 'now'

~WHEREamI
Old 23rd November 2003, 11:52   #259
DrO

here's a little screenshot of the current build i've got, enjoy.

-daz
Attached Files
File Type: zip image12.zip (98.1 KB, 255 views)
Old 23rd November 2003, 12:49   #260
amano
Major Dude

wow, now the whole dialog is skinned. I like what I see

8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88
Old 23rd November 2003, 13:07   #261
DrO

is part of the reason why i'm holding it back to get the skinning sorted out (more important now that 5 is almost out) and it looks sweet i think (prefer mmd3 myself ).

looks better as well to have the window in the same style as winamp (now i'm wondering if there are any other plugins that are using the native support of winamp - maybe i'm the first )

-daz
Old 23rd November 2003, 13:17   #262
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Looking good DrO

Ooh . . .
"Timed Play" tab
"Always on Top", but grayed out . . .

Typo: Skin jtf using winamp the current style - lol

btw amano, the current version 0.9j is already skinnable

DrO - will the next release we get be v1.0 ?
Or are ya gonna do a few more 0.9 jobbies?

I'd love to see this included with Winamp 5.01 . . . I really would.
In fact I'll be putting it in my small 5.01 wishlist to the devs.
Old 23rd November 2003, 13:31   #263
DrO

he he, i can't write at times

as for v0.9j it's only a partial skinning of the frame.

it's going to be a few v0.9x releases to get the last few bits and bobs sorted out (and any bugs which i'm cracking down on for the next version).

with the always on top, if skinned then it will use winamp's setting automatically - seems to screw up winamp if i alter the relevant window styles to turn it off. but i'll try and fiddle it around if i can

no comments on the bottom entry of the right-click menu... (even though that's functional now )
Quote:
In fact I'll be putting it in my small 5.01 wishlist to the devs.

-daz
Old 23rd November 2003, 13:47   #264
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

ooh, yeah . . . save current search
Old 23rd November 2003, 13:56   #265
DrO

that's in and will pop up a save dialog to specify the file to save out to (ending in either .m3u or .pls though it's not *currently* a fully formatted playlist)

i thought that was a sensible suggestion and it only took a few minutes to add (without breaking anything else )

-daz
Old 24th November 2003, 01:54   #266
GqSkrub
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to GqSkrub
how about that wallpaper.... can i get a copy of that?

No sig here folks.
GqSkrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2003, 02:40   #267
amano
Major Dude

Well, some basic thoughts for today:

Is the preferences entry ("Jump to File") mislabeled?

I would rather call it "Enqueueing".

Because its main purpose is NOT extending the jtf-dialog, and accidently ( ) offering the possibility to enqueue songs.

I think, its main purpose is adding enqueueing support to winamp 2 (using the jtf-dialog for practical reasons).

Someone who doesn't know that a plugin is installed would question himself "what does this entry? the jtf dialog is all right, I used it for years". The point: The entry doesn't reflect what it really does (and I still hope that DrO might be able to add some PL functionality, too )

I'd vote for changing it to "Enqueue File / Song" or "Enqueuing". I tend to feel that the preferences entry is for changing enqueueing settings rather than jump settings by just looking at the tabs there: "Enqueue Options", "Enqueue List" and "Display Options - Use custom text formatting when displaying files that are enqueued"

just my 2 cents. Opinions?

8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88
Old 24th November 2003, 05:27   #268
WHEREamI
Major Dude

well, i'd have to disagree. I think maybe calling it "Jump to File Extras" would make more sense, since it isn't just a jump to file anymore. but it is still a jump to file dialog, with enqueing added.

Though, i understand what you are saying with all the prefferences in there being about enques. Honestly though, i think that anyone who installs it will know that it's part of the jtf dialog. Adding "Extras" should be enough to eliminate any confusion there.

Hey!! make it an option!

~WHEREamI
Old 24th November 2003, 08:42   #269
DrO

I was going to go for "Jump to File Extra" since that's what it seems to be known as now and due to the range of extra things added to the dialog i think 'Extra' is the best option.

I can see where you're coming from amano but it wouldn't make sense to do a complete rename now it's been out for a while i personnally think.

Quote:
Hey!! make it an option!
@WHEREamI: but you'd need to know where to go to begin with to change the name

Quote:
and I still hope that DrO might be able to add some PL functionality, too
wait and see... (no promises though but there *might* be something coming soon)

-daz

@GqSkrub: i found it on this forum way back (think it was in one of the winamp3 forums)
Old 25th November 2003, 08:43   #270
DrO

Done some more work on the code last night and squashed a few more of the bugs from the previous releases.

i've also added a few extra features in there now which were partially related to existing/buggy code.

so now the queuemarking is correctly working on the jtf dialog and it will restore the state between opening the dialog or altering the search criteria (just multi enqueued indicator not implemented yet)

(due to the way i'm handling queuemarking searches may be a little bit slower but for those of you with multi gigahertz machines i doubt anyone will realise )

@Mmusicman: there's now an entry in the playlist right-click menu to open the dialog (with all keyboard shortcuts still working as normal )

also i've taken the 'find file on disk' (ffod) code and integrated it into the plugin but with a few alterations to make it more robust and work for all files (so a new version of ffod will be out soon as well).

i've got a few more things to work around with the code inorder to manually work out the playlist position of the song but it looks very much that enqueue from the playlist menu can be added (currently i've set the key to 'Q' for it).

now what was that other one, alt+click...? *cough* implemented *cough*

-daz
Old 25th November 2003, 09:46   #271
Chris Diack

Gotta say you've got a brilliant PR machine there Darren...

Just love the way you keep us updated with these tasty little bit's of magic... Way to go... Much appreciated...

Chris
Old 25th November 2003, 12:28   #272
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Diack
Gotta say you've got a brilliant PR machine there Darren...

Just love the way you keep us updated with these tasty little bit's of magic... Way to go... Much appreciated...

Chris
i think it's better to let people know what is going on so everyone can know what to expect and if needed add in little suggestions to help on the way (as has happened for the good ).

With the 'jump to time' option i'm working on that soon (prefs page for it is in there now and i've config options to turn it on/off as needed as the screenshot hinted at ).

The aim is for it to work to the minute and allow a file to be time queued once and removed on play or to repeat every hour or every day from the time it was first set to play. Also the timed file list will be saved to a new file instead of storing it all in winamp.ini so it can be moved around/backed up easily.

Should be good i think when it's done.

The next version should be a right little gem i think (just to get all the bugs i know about out of the code - that's why the release is being held back).

-daz
Old 25th November 2003, 17:17   #273
amano
Major Dude

great news, DrO!

one plugin to find them...
one to bind them
one to rule them all

one minor nitpick:
the shuffle logic still isn't fixed. isn't it?

8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88
Old 25th November 2003, 17:45   #274
DrO

it's almost there amano, got to ensure it handles moving forward and backwards through the shuffle table.

also i've got to finish add in a few extra controls to it so the use of the queue will act transparently with winamp when shuffle is enabled - current code is a bit of a hack so i'll probably re-write it again (after the last version i want to make sure that the plugin is 100% as i can make it).

the way it is looking the next version (looking at maybe v0.95 now) should have all the earlier bugs fixed and all the new features fully implemented (the timed jump is still very early in development at the moment so that will be more of a show).

i've got to finish a few bits on the dialog, fix/finish the playlist enqueue so it will work (big hack getting that one in and i've got to work around not knowing the playlist entry id which is easy to get at with the jtf dialog) and recode the shuffle logic.

as well i need to sort out getting internet access at home to make it easier for me to upload new versions (not ideal relying on the work machines for access and they are a bit tight with it )

is that a lord of the rings style phrase?!?

-daz
Old 25th November 2003, 18:07   #275
amano
Major Dude

[OT] you are right, I just skipped the darkness part.

The entire poem reads:

Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne

In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

One Ring to rule them all,
One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them,

In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
[/OT]

Great news, it's getting better and better every day

8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88
Old 25th November 2003, 19:38   #276
Chris Diack

A couple of thoughts Darren...

The timed jump to file option, could it support wild cards if possible please, and in case I missed it, does it have the ability to "play after currently playing track"?

Could it work to the second if possible?

Will the timed jump to file option be integrated into your new Extended Playlist creation?

Thanks again for the excellent work, Darren.

Chris
Old 25th November 2003, 22:34   #277
nifti

I think there should be a possibility(in the options) so that the "Jump to file" window doesn't close until you press close. So you can enqueue many songs(specially if you have it set to enqueue at double-click).

Also I think there should be a window to show the queue if it exceeds a set number(I would set it to 1 so if 2 or more queued songs, it will be displayed in a window). This window with the queue should be editable, so you can resort the queued songs by drag and drop and so on..

Anyhow, great plugin!
nifti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2003, 22:42   #278
amano
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by nifti
I think there should be a possibility(in the options) so that the "Jump to file" window doesn't close until you press close. So you can enqueue many songs(specially if you have it set to enqueue at double-click).

Also I think there should be a window to show the queue if it exceeds a set number(I would set it to 1 so if 2 or more queued songs, it will be displayed in a window). This window with the queue should be editable, so you can resort the queued songs by drag and drop and so on..

Anyhow, great plugin!
The enqueued songs are currently listed in a tab in the preferences. just click on "Top of queue" /"No file(s) are currently enqueued" in the "J" dialog to get there. Quick and easy.

The other option you were requesting is in the "enqueue options" tab.

8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88
Old 25th November 2003, 22:54   #279
Mmusicman

Hey! Maybe this version of "Jump to File Extra" v0.9j should have been numbered "2.91"! lol...

(...We patiently wait for the "Master" to "unveil" another portion of his "masterpiece"!...)
Old 25th November 2003, 23:03   #280
nifti

Quote:
Originally posted by amano
The other option you were requesting is in the "enqueue options" tab.

If you're talking about the "Leave dialog open when using 'added' buttons" it doesn't work for me, with it checked the window closes when I double-click a song. Porhaps it doesn't work(yet!) with DrO's other plugin "One Click show/hide". I have it set to One-click support enabled..

What do you have to say about this DrO?
nifti is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion